1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Yosuke Ideguchi

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Henrik 07, Dec 31, 2021.

Discuss Yosuke Ideguchi in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. cammy07

Would have had him on for Hatate when O’Riley came on and pushed McGregor up one if anything just to try and change things up. Hibs had us sussed pretty much straight away.

Guchi Gucci likes this.
  2. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Definitely time for him to get a look in..

Tenacious and good in possession. Rotate and give our midfield some help Ange..

Guchi Gucci and Mince.Charming like this.
  3. Wllm Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    5 mins is nothing to go on, but liked how he was moving the ball on quickly and closing down.

Guchi Gucci and Hammy89 like this.
  4. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

The wee cameos here and there just make you want to see him more, looks composed and calm in possession.

Hammy89 likes this.
  5. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Needs to be getting gametime now, I'd play him and push McGregor further forward.

Guchi Gucci and JC Anton like this.
  6. Guchi Gucci Gold Member Gold Member

Looks tidy on the ball and intelligent. Same with Dembele, hopefully gets 45 mins if we are 2-0 up against Ross County.

JC Anton likes this.
  7. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    He should be getting more minutes and how the * is Bitton getting game time ahead of him is baffling

8. Guchi Gucci Gold Member Gold Member

This is it for me. He must be pretty fresh, essentially a new player. I've always preferred McGregor further forward.

Leone Naka Fan likes this.
  9. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Yosuke Ideguchi’s move to Celtic from Gamba Osaka hasn’t just been a new experience for himself but also for many of his family.

The 25-year-old joined in the January transfer window and the move over to Glasgow is one he is sharing with five of his family members who have also made the journey west.

Sharing the move with those closest to him is allowing Ideguchi to fully focus on his football as he looks to make his mark in the green and white.

For the brand new edition of the Celtic View magazine, we take inspiration from the Japanese connections in the club’s history, with special exclusive interviews and features.

Ideguchi sat down with the View and here we take a short look at some of his best quotes from his time so far in the Hoops

Speaking about his debut against Hibernian, Yosuke Ideguchi said: “I remember the first time I stepped on to the pitch at Celtic Park, that’s been my favourite moment so far and it was something that was really special.

“I want to secure my position in the team, to play every game constantly and have a consistent run.”

Speaking about joining at the same time as Daizen Maeda and Reo Hatate, he said: “Before we signed, Kyogo was big news in Japan with the way he was performing here and I hope I can do the same.

"Joining the club at the same time as Reo and Daizen helped me because I want to contribute alongside them as much as I can."

10. SwissCelt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Aiden McGeady, Artur Boruc
    Guchi should really be given more game time to see what he is capable of! People are calling for a new defensive mid after the weekend game but it's stupid to buy more players before we have even fully assessed our new one.

I can imagine a midfield with him, McGregor and O'Riley could work better against the huns, so we should really test how that suits together. In the few minutes he got he looked promising to me so we should at least give it a try.

Tommy25 and Leone Naka Fan like this.
  11. hiphopaddict

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paulo Di Canio
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Loansome Boatman

I dont think that Ange would need to test him to see what he's capable of. You'd imagine that Ange signed him based on knowing what he's capable of from his experience in the Japanese League. Its a strange one this signing.

TonyTim likes this.
  12. TonyTim Gold Member Gold Member

Out of all Japanese signings I think he has found it the hardest to settle, massive cultural change and language barriers. At times when he has been on the bench at home, when the cameras zoom in you can see him just looking around taking it all in. As you said, Ange wouldn't have signed him unless he knew what he could bring to the team.

13. jamiebhoy67

What I will say is his range of passing looked good very tidy on the ball and was fairly decent positioned to break up play strange we haven't seen more of him maybe him in for hatate push McGregor up one ? On Sunday

14. RockhardBoss

The Celtic writer from The Athletic said on The Cynic podcast that his recovery from that injury (which was a shocking tackle) hasn't gone smoothly, which is why he hasn't featured much.

15. Keano88

He’s had short spells in England, Spain and Germany prior to coming here so surely he’s already aware of what to expect.

Personally think it’s just a case of Ange not wanting to alter the starting XI too much in the most crucial part of the season.

Was disappointing not to see him get any minutes when we were hammering St Johnstone the other week though, would have thought that would be the perfect time to get him some minutes.

16. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    I reckon he’ll know what to expect having moved to European countries before, but it’s easier to settle when you’re on the pitch and haven’t suffered a bad injury. We’ll see the best of him next season I think.

17. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Celtic's Yosuke Ideguchi will be a 'strong contributor' when the opportunity comes, according to boss Ange Postecoglou.

The Japanese midfielder joined the club back in January alongside fellow countrymen Daizen Maeda and Reo Hatate.

And with the success of Kyogo Furuhashi,there were high expectations surrounding the trio who all arrived in Glasgow from the J-League.

Compared to his Japanese counterparts, he hasn't had much of a look in.

The 25-year-old has appeared just five times for Ange Postecoglou's side this season with just the one start in the Scottish Cup against Alloa Athletic.

The cup tie appearance was cut short for the midfielder after he was on the end of a nasty challenge which resulted in a short time out in February.

Postecoglou admitted earlier today that Ideguchi has been unfortunate in the number of minutes he has placed since arriving in Glasgow's east end.

The Hoops boss urged that the Japan cap will take his chance when his chance comes along.

Speaking earlier today, he said: “Ideguchi obviously hasn’t had much of an opportunity, which has been a bit difficult for him and for me because I really think he will be a strong contributor for us when he gets an opportunity.

But, it’s just the way the games have gone

It may be unlikely that Ideguchi's chance will come in the next few games, given the momentum of Ange Postecoglou's side this season.

However, as Celtic look to secure the cinch Premiership title in the next few weeks, the Japanese international could get a run out in the closing clashes

Liam Scales likes this.
  18. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    He was always the one out of the 4 from Japan that was more for the squad for me, and could potentially make his contribution be worth more. Injury at Alloa and his recovery has stymied that a bit obviously but it’s not worrying at all, for one it was a very small outlay that if it doesn’t work well one Ange player he’s spotted and made sure he brings here eventually has to not work out on numbers alone and two it’s a very difficult area of the team to break into never mind recovering from injury and adapting to a new culture again.

19. Wllm Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Impatient to wait so just watched another one of his old games for Gamba Osaka in the ACL. There is definitely a player in there if Ange can get him going.

20. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Win this weekend and I'd start him in one of the remaining games, with a lengthy cameo in the other.

Last edited: May 4, 2022