1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Would you say Tom Rogic is a Celtic Legend Yet?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Rogicisgod, Jul 15, 2017.

Discuss Would you say Tom Rogic is a Celtic Legend Yet? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. jake10

Fav Celtic Player:
    whoever is our new record spend
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Go on home british soldiers
    a legend, never, be good if he could last a season in-injured

Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  2. ourdaywillcome! Gold Member Gold Member

Neither does 'Player only liked by a small portion of the fanbase', hence the snazzy term, 'cult hero'. :84:

3. moravcik1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
  4. robbo1888

I like the guy. He's a clever player and when fit, one of the most creative footballers we've had for a long time - but Celtic legend? What has he done to come anywhere close to that title?

The invincibles as a group will be remembered as a big part of Celtic history, but Rogic has a long way to go before he is singled out.

5. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Cult coming from the word culture. A hero to a small audience of a certain persuasion or culture, not worshipped by a world wide audience. So we as the Celtic support have our own cultural heroes who went unnoticed in the world picture of football but were certainly of importance to us. Hence the coined term cult hero.

6. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    No, lol.

But the guy is my favourite player, easily our most technically gifted player. Dazzling feet and knows were the goal is.

As long as he isn't sacrificed for one of those new guys as like Paddy it'll be a huge step down.

7. dmac

If he keeps scoring winners like at Motherwell and Aberdeen in the league and against Aberdeen in the cup final add some European goals and he might get there over time.

8. Grimm You belong to me!

Fav Celtic Player:
    John Thomson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields of Athenry
    Post Lions the only player I would describe as a "Legend" is Henrik. A * load of heroes, fans favourites etc without a doubt but "Legends" no so sure.

smokie899 and packybhoy like this.
  9. Lancashire Nick

Fav Celtic Player:
    Bobby Lennox
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields Of Athenry
    Rogic isn't a legend, although his last minute Treble clincher will go down in folklore. I think we throw the term "legend" about too much, when what we really mean are cult heroes, fan favourites. star players etc etc.

There are a handful of Celts who are definitely legends; the likes of McGrory, the Lions, Stein.

Then you have a few who probably qualify; such as McGrain, Dalglish, Larsson, John Thompson.

Then there are those who people will debate and argue over; for example Brown and Lennon.

It all comes down to personal opinion.

packybhoy likes this.
  10. Green Socks

Don't get me wrong I love both of these players but I honestly don't think Rogic or Armstrong provide anything that we couldn't replace.

11. Doogs. Lustig your the one, you still turn me on.

Don't talk pish.

Rogic has the close control of Messi at times. And name me a central mid that would give us 17 goals on our budget.

Lebo likes this.
  12. H4nny14

Wouldn't say he's a legend but he is fast becoming a fan favourite. Probably my favourite player to watch just now, love the way he just drifts through a game and picks of opponents with ease. Signs of a great player are when they are not in a game but can change it at any minute.
    Always remember when we played Man City at home, they had 3 players round him and he still managed to come away with the ball, boots are like Velcro.

Wizard of Oz

13. celtic warrior

Rogic is a big time game changer for us, our fluidity in attack is on a whole other dimension when he's on top form, e.g for me against man city in the first 3-3 when you consider the "quality" they are meant to posses not one of their players could get near him his control and footwork meant they'd double or even triple up on him and he would still find space and break away from said "quality".

That is something we would struggle to replace and if not for injuries I'm his early years here he'd probably be developed even further now.

Lebo likes this.
  14. wulliebad

legend...hahahahahaha...he has only started playing 90 mins since BR took over.

15. Moussa10

Fav Celtic Player:
    All time: Larsson Current: Turnbull
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    :56::56::56::56::56: Not even close to it

16. Sween

"Legend" has become one of those words like "luxury" that are used so much they lose all meaning.

Absolutely no offence to Tom Rogic but in 50 years most Celtic fans will have no idea who he was nevermind debate whether he is a legend or not.

17. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    Rogic is a very good prospect, good player with both feet but no where near a legend,
    Since the lions only guys I'd put in that category are mcgrain, Larson and Carl muggleton

18. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    Depends what he does from now on in, disagree with having no idea who he is in 50 years time, the lions before my time but 50 years on a can name every player like most Celtic fans
    Not as good an achievement but am sure in 50 years time all good young Celtic fans will name the invincibles and especially the guy that scored the winning goal to win the treble and made the invincible dream come true

19. Sween

Perhaps but I dont think they will. All just speculation of course

20. Murph-E

tbf we don't have much of a storied or interesting history, so a guy like Rogic is automatically one of our top 10 legends of all time.