1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Withdrawing from Betfair.....

Discussion in 'Beat the Bookie' started by Keano88, Jun 28, 2014.

Discuss Withdrawing from Betfair..... in the Beat the Bookie area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Keano88

Just signed up for a promo on Betfair, Colombia to qualify 4/1.

Deposited without any problem. but when I clicked on withdraw to see the minimum withdrawal amount it said...

Unfortunately you are not able to withdraw money from your Betfair account until we can confirm your identity.
    You can help us to do this more quickly if you can send us proof of your identity.

How come all this hassle to withdraw, but they didn't give a * who I was before depositing money ?

Anyone been through this before and know what proof I have to send them etc...

2. Cathairbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Joe Ledley
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    I've heard that too but I won £40 on the Brazil 3/1 to qualify sign up offer earlier today, and withdrew no problem.

3. evilbunny1991

Fav Celtic Player:
    KI
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    Got that on my account, i sent em photo of passport etc... still they want me to go to royal mail and fill out some stupid form. So you can only withdraw the amount you deposit.

4. Lion1961 Bookmaker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky Johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fenian Record Player
    The requests for proof of id are a pain and a way to hold onto your money by them a few days longer.

You'll probably need a copy of your passport or driving licence. Something with your actual address on it (bank statement or utility bill) and maybe a copy of the actual card used to make the deposit. Though if doing that blank out the middle section of numbers for security reasons.

5. Sonny7

A had this problem with Betfair when I signed up. Can't mind how I sorted it though:smiley-laughing002:

Contact them through the chat.

6. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

never had that problem with bet365 only problem i had with them withdrawing money is it coming back void other than that it's been fine.

7. Keano88

Seems to be sorted, sent them a pic of my driving license and have since been able to withdraw, hopefully that's It sorted now. Easy £40 bucks, some goal fae wee Hamez!

8. Intellectually Absurd Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson (obvious choice ehh?)
    Had this trouble when I wanted to withdraw the money I deposited. However when I won my bet, I was allowed to withdraw easily.

Weird.

9. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

I had this problem, but withdrew from the phone app instead with no problem and since then I've had no problem with either the phone app or website.

10. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    This has only happened to me once with * Hill when I signed up and I was under 18. I still have 20 quid in that account but can't access it as the proof I sent wasn't good enough and I couldnt be arsed doing it again.

I have an account with literally every other betting company though and none of them have ever asked for proof, don't know why * Hill did.

11. KyleBhoy1987

Fav Celtic Player:
    Anyone who wears a celtic shirt
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Haill
    Ladbrokes asked me for proof never sent it though just signed up with another website

12. Jayhawk

I put £10 on both teams scoring NI v Wales to get the £30 free bets and got the same hassle about verifying my address and identity. I hope it stays 0-0 and I lose now!what a * hassle- I will never bet with betunfair again.it's OK when these * e-mail you these offers and only after you bet they tell you all this stuff. Bet 365 is different class.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

13. Jayhawk

Btw- if I get lucky with my free bets can I e-mail a driving licence without a pic on it as I still have the old style with just my address .

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk