1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Winter Break / Dubai

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Marty McFly, Dec 31, 2017.

Discuss Winter Break / Dubai in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    :56: :56: :56:

2. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Probably a stupid question, but I'm guessing we'll never know the bleep test results?

3. El Donoghue

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Symphony
    Close between him and Dion Dublin

Mr Shelby likes this.
  4. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
  5. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Think they have a few more days to go.

Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  6. Aidan O’Shea

Lennon was rapid.

7. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Last day for the players before heading home

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Tommy25 and bagforlife like this.
  8. AJ Styles Moussa Dembele's eyes Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Why the * is Griff wearing a thermal tshirt in Dubai?

9. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Burns the fat from his Greggs.

10. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Seen a few people talk about thermals in this thread.

They are not thermals :50:

It’s compression wear which has all sorts of benefits and can be used to keep players cool as well as warm (depending on the material). Wearing them in dubai will be to wick away moisture and prevent chaffing, improve muscle recovery, prevent injury and can also improve venous return and oxygenation to the muscles.

It’s why Gordon has them on his forearms too, as those muscles will be working very hard

11. freederry20

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, Wanyama, Hartson, Balde, Petrov, Lennon, Commons, Boruc, Brown, Van Dyk.
    When they due back to Scotland?

12. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Mawra night

13. freederry20

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, Wanyama, Hartson, Balde, Petrov, Lennon, Commons, Boruc, Brown, Van Dyk.
    Hopefully more transfer dealings this next week coming in then.

14. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Knowing celtic it will be end of window before (if) we do anything!

Tommy25 and freederry20 like this.
  15. freitassen

Can @Marie put odds on this for us?

16. freitassen

To be honest I am a bit disappointed our club insists in giving cash to this hellhole every year by bringing our players there. Not as if there wasn't plenty of good warm places to take the squad to.

NomDePlum likes this.
  17. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

http://www.celticfc.net/news/13820

As-salamu alaykum! I’m writing this update as the sun sets at the wonderful Dubai Marina, just around the corner from the team hotel where the Scottish-treble winners have been spending their winter break this past week.

It’s safe to say the trip to the UAE has been another huge success, and if it can have the same impact as last year’s camp did, then we are in for a special second half of the season.

All of the main objectives have been accomplished so far this season - one trophy in the bag, top of the league and of course, European football secured after Christmas.

The timing of the training camp really couldn't have come at a better time. Due to exceedingly high temperatures, Dubai is a city that many struggle to visit in the summer. In January, however, the weather conditions are absolutely perfect.

The manager has spoken before of the benefits that the break brings, and being out here with the Bhoys gives you a real understanding of that. The Celts have been based at the same hotel and training centre that they came to last year. This speaks volumes for the hospitality and facilities the environment has in store.

All the staff members have been very accommodating, and despite trying my best to show off my Arabic-speaking skills, the diversity the city possesses is pretty incredible. I’ve met more English speakers than Arab!

Despite coming to one of the top holiday destinations the world has to offer, the trip has consisted of a lot of hard work for the Celtic squad. The training intensity on a daily basis has been remarkable. In the blistering heat, the Hoops started the week off with a yo-yo test and were speed-tested just two days later. Not the easiest when it’s around 24 degrees!

Don’t worry, though, that’s nothing to Olivier Ntcham. The Frenchman has been wearing full body under armour all week. I’ve been sweating just watching him train! Literally!

Overall, though, the coaching staff have been absolutely delighted with the work the players have put in, praising the high standard the Bhoys have set.

Another bonus from Celtic’s camp was Patrick Roberts’ return to the training field. Although not joining in with the rest of the team, Paddy has been out running every session and I caught up with him a few days ago to see how he’s doing on his road to recovery. You can catch that full interview on Celtic TV.

After training, the trip has been a great opportunity for the Hoops players to reconnect and bond - as well as topping up their tans at Jumeirah Beach!

Marvin Compper mentioned to me before I interviewed him that he felt he’s known the players for a lot longer than two weeks. The German defender, who signed from Leipzig, this month has already gelled superbly with his new team-mates.

On a personal note, it’s been another fantastic trip away with the Champions. I’ve been flying solo as the only club media representative and I hope you enjoyed my coverage on all our media platforms.

There is plenty of content available - interviews with the manager, captain Scott Brown, Marvin Compper, Patrick Roberts, Dedryck Boyata and training footage of outfielders and goalkeepers are available on Celtic TV.

Attention now turns to Brechin City, a week today, as we start out on the road to Hampden with the ultimate aim of completing back-to-back trebles. What an achievement that would be!

It’s 6pm on a Saturday night as I finish typing up this diary. Kieran Tierney has signed up to do a Twitter Q&A, so I’m heading back to the hotel to meet him. Saturday night in Dubai and KT’s wanting a bit of banter with the fans. He really is something else. Mr Celtic!

Tommy25 likes this.
  18. lennon11

i was at the open training session on friday

Marty McFly likes this.
  19. JamesM09

They're coming back a bit early are they not ? Could probably have done with an extra couple of days. Those training sessions looked really beneficial.

20. oh bhoy

Look at them all laughing and enjoying themselves blissfully unaware of the weather forecast for the next week
    [​IMG]