1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Will we win the league?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Callum McGregor, Oct 30, 2020.

Discuss Will we win the league? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. alex_bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys Of The Old Brigade
    Looking at their fixtures they have a pretty tough run in December and January when we have more home games than them. Can't see them collapsing like last year but there's no way they aren't going to drop points at various stages. Just need to make sure our own form improves. Hopefully we can add a player or two in January.

Moore, Artorias and Captain Brown like this.
  2. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    There is no margin for error, we cannot afford to drop any more points before the next game against the huns.

3. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    That's them won at Pittodrie and Rugby Park with clean sheets and basically scraping it by the end in both game's..

Won at us with a clean sheet also..

We 100% need to go on a long run. Beating Motherwell at Fir Park and Hibs at Easter Road (something they didn't do). Then beat them at their * pit to kinda even it back out if that makes sense..

Liam Scales likes this.
  4. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Long way to go.

5. evilbunny1991

Fav Celtic Player:
    KI
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    Cannot drop any points in league games now right through to Christmas it’s time to go on those long 8-10 game winning run we have done in previous seasons.

We do that then the gap will be cut as the Huns do have a tough December I think compared to us and that’s when we can catch up.

Wonder when we will play our 2/3 games in hand though? Will it be in January when we would normally have the winter break?

Liam Scales likes this.
  6. MyNameIsMartin

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Over and over
    If NL starts using Turnbull, Soro, and Rogic (sporadically) along with keeping a solid back four (Elhamed/Frimpong, Julien/Duffy, Ajer Laxalt/taylor). Whilst integrating a midfield of (Brown/Soro, CalMac, Christie/Ntcham/Turnbull, Elhanousi/Rogic). Strikers of (Eddie, Klimala, Griff, Aljeti). The Rogic, Christie and to some degree Ntcham are the skeleton key-type players. And CalMac too but less obvious.

The training and quick one-two passing needs integrated in some direction because we couldn't get near them (Rangers) in the last three old firms spanning the last two years. Ntcham can take a back seat. I think he can be brilliant player but only when HE wants to be. leaves us with a bit of a conundrum.

Stick to a 4-1-4-1/4-4-2/4-3-3 and a solid squad

7. lazyregula

Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing!
    I think we will win if the league goes to the end. We have a winners mentality. Covid is the perfect storm for huns. They don't get that pressure from fan's and can play their game that helps them. We seem to take strength from fans and push that bit further which is what we are missing this season. However i think by end we will find a rhythm. We missed a few players with covid etc we have needed the last few weeks but i think that winners mentality will come through and we will win it.

8. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    I refuse to vote on the poll, as it is not as simple as that question. Of course I want us to, I think we still can, but things need to continue to improve from today.
    But I aint going to say I do and sound like I contradict my own concerns. Nor will I say I do not, when clearly it is still all to be played for.

Now, better question - what we doing when we win 15 trophies in a row? We get the keys to the city or something? Do we declare we have completed Scottish football?

9. Celtic for life

Fav Celtic Player:
    Victor Wanyama
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Youll never walk alone
    My biggest concern is the build up of games, making the cup final means we have 3 to catch up on....... when will they be able to be played? With so little game weeks free, 1 i believe? Then it’s going to be very hard to pick up points at Livingston away, where we haven’t won since they came up, and Aberdeen at home isn't an easy one either.

I think if Rangers don’t have a covid related flare up it’s going to be very, very difficult already but it’s not impossible, must win games at Fir Park and Easter Road.

10. Foley1888

Agree with this we need to get ourselves churning out the wins and play ourselves in to good form. The more players we get back and firing the better.

They will need to be really poor to drop points, against Killie they looked in danger at the end and Hugh’s laddie was a disgrace. That one where the ball came in and the two players jumped in the middle neither got near it and it dropped to a Killie boy just outside the 6 yard box at the back post and an imaginary foul to them was created.

McChiellini.. likes this.
  11. Ciaran_67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jan Venegoor of Hessilink
    Apart from Aberdeen at Ibrox in a couple of weeks, they have a * easy run-in until they next play us in my opinion.

It’s New Year where they have some tricky games...got to go to Aberdeen, Motherwell, Hibs and Livingston by mid-February. They’ll be more or less guaranteed to have Europe League in there in February and they’ll be dying to win a cup to shake the losers monkey off their back. Load of tricky games piling up.

After our next two games against Motherwell and Hibs, I think we’ve got a pretty decent run-in to March. Kilmarnock away looks like the only real banana skin on paper anyway.

Getting full points at Hibs and Motherwell would put us in a really good position again.

Only problem is the psychological factor of them being 12 points ahead by the next time we play them...could’ve done with those two appearing at training the day

Hammy89 likes this.
  12. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
  13. davidhannah

We all need to be right behind Lennon. No voices of dissent in the ranks. Not a peep. We're committed to the cause. We will win the title. That Aberdeen game is the catalyst we need. It's taken 3 games without victory, the attitude of the players has changed. Tiocfaidh ar la.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2020
  14. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    We need to put a run of wins together and then win the next game vs them. Its a must. If we do that we are back in it.

15. martin_d

Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley Song
    Simple: we move on and target the 13 league titles in a row that would pip them to 55.

16. stirfry999

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hatate oreily kyogo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    y n w a
    Told the wife yesterday im getting my first ever tattoo if we do the 10 she went mental 57 year old but I will definitely be getting one will be on here come May for some advice and ideas of what to get

17. kinglenny

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    I'm usually confident in these situations, not at the moment tho.

Hopefully we go on a good run, then beat them at mordor.

18. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    The key game will be against the uglies at the penalty stadium, that's assuming we win our other games before hand.

19. Double Dutch

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    The importance of a strong mentality over the course of a full season can't be overstated. If they weirdos managed to hold it together through inevitable injuries and loss of form, dropping minimal points, then * it they've pulled it out the bag.

But there is no way in *'s green earth they will do that. As soon as a bit of pressure hits them they will start to stumble, slowly but surely. We have the talent and experience to see this through, and our confidence will be unshakeable if and when we catch up/overtake them, considering everything we've already came through.

The corner has very nearly been turned and we'll be stronger for it. I cannot * wait to laugh it every one of the * * when we win this title, it's gonna top everything we've done in the entire decade leading up to it

20. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    We'll either win the league or we won't. It's literally that simple.