1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Will Deila be backed in January?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by The Thumb, Dec 24, 2015.

Discuss Will Deila be backed in January? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Auld

Good, versatile defender that would run through a brick wall for us

2. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Can't see any substantial signings. He has one arm tied behind his back. As he only has so much money to entice players. With the money that's in the game now, that gives us a scope for players with limited ability or ongoing projects. We have wasted too much money in the past four years on projects. Anyway I hope we set out a few times with wee Christie and Armstrong played in the middle. I would like to see a partnership with these guys. Armstrong will play much better in his central position. I do rate him. Most of the squads heads have been down the first half of the season. It's not good enough!

3. leeso-ardoyne

Strange aul season thou things will be different when that scum club come up next season. I don't give a flying * what anybody says about not needing them in our league because IMO, I want the filth up to make thongs more interesting. Yes they are a new club but the bring with them the same thick * as support and in time, they will be our main rivals once again. Just hope to * they do make it up next season so their here on our way to the 10.

4. TIART Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Wee Callum
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    They need time, well that's just classic jobby talk.

I'm not saying players don't require time to gel but how long are we talking here?

Coz the time it takes for players to gel, we'll already be accepting offers to sell the player.

Who benefits long term out this method.

1. The player gets exposure and development
    2. Reinvestment in the squad (snottered everywhere with laughter typing that)

The point is we don't ever really have a player we develop and retain for the benefit of the squad long term. Scott Brown being the only one I can hand on heart say has progressed and stayed. Captaincy, a decent salary and probably knowing he isn't Premier League quality has kept him at Celtic this length of time. Smart lad.

I pray for another player even half the quality of Larsson with the buy in and commitment to our club , a club with enormous stature. A stature that has sadly diminished at an alarming rate over the past few years.

I'd like to say just stick with Ronny, because long term he will transform our club but sadly we can't get players to commit longterm to develop and attempt to progress further in Europe.

We need to be able to retain a player for at least 4-5 years for our team to gel and progress. After that we can sell one and replace year on year. Instead we buy en masse and sell the whole freaking lot after 1.5-2 years.

Mental!

5. mygirlmaria

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kenny Dalglish
    Fav Celtic Song:
    you'll never walk alone
    I think its a reflection of how he is viewed now that the OP question refers to him as Deila, instead of Ronny.:54:

Says it all for me.

6. z1c0

That's why we've changed our signing policy, we're now signing more Scottish players in the hope that they will stay longer so we can develop as a team rather than having our spine ripped out every 2 seasons, this will take more time for the players to fulfil their potential.

7. FitzyBhoy1992

Right, firstly I've voted in the poll that Ronny should stay because I believe he has what it takes.

Secondly, this is more about Sutton, and apologies if this had already been discussed, I've not looked back, I've just posted since reading his column in the record.

Thirdly, and most importantly, this: 'When Neil Lennon finished his final season at Celtic, the team weren’t great in Europe.

But it was the Champions League group stages where they failed to sparkle.'

WHY is he talking about Lennon's third season when he should be talking his second (if he'd to compare seasons fairly)?

Lennon had us out of the Europa Group stages in his second.

Sutton, as much as I've enjoyed his displays of passion regarding our under-par European performances, is jumping on a MSM bandwagon of calling for The 'apparent' under-qualified' managers head.

Would he say the same of Roy Keane, Henrik Larsson or David Moyes ( I wouldn't fancy any of those three as being the man to truly see us progress in Europe in the long term)?

I highly doubt it.

There is a ridiculous agenda against a top, young progressive manager at the helm at Patkhead.

I for one will completely lose faith on the hoops should we 'lose faith' and get rid of Deila for the likes of Michael O'Neill, Keane or Moyes.

Ronny's the man to take us forward.

KEEP THE FAITH

HAIL HAIL

8. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    Completely disagree. You would lose faith in Celtic if we replaced Deila with Moyes? We would be mental not to if it was a straight choice imo.

Also, we should t be comparing Deila's current campaign with Lennons second season. It assumes all new managers start from the same level. If we absolutely have to draw a comparison between the two, then the fairest one would be Looking at how deila did in his first season compared to Lennons last and how Lennon did in his first season compared to Mowbrays last.

Regarding the agenda, again I call bullshit. Very few people weren't excited by the appointment. He was touted as progressive but I've seen little evidence to suggest that he really is. everyone has been willing him to succeed for the longest time, and you'll see very few disagree that he's a likeable bloke, but the evidence that he's out of his depth is hard to argue against for most reasonable folk imo.

9. jpr21

Fav Celtic Player:
    mcgregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie maley
    Next year we could have CL football and OF games back . Will make a huge difference .

10. BigWilly The Wildcard Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Big Willy
    He hasn't been backed since he got the job

11. wulliebad

Yes he has.
    Maybe not with the tens of millions fans want in a season but he has spent and brought players in.

12. JohnBhoyCfc1

Fav Celtic Player:
    Gary Hooper + Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just Cant Get Enough + Hail Hail
    Very reluctantly.

A couple of youngsters I would imagine.

13. AllySives

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    For it's a grand old team...
    Problem is we need to go out and get better quality of players but I doubt they would give him the funds to go for the players he wants. Given that it's the scouting dept who find the players etc then they may just get them in anyway

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. JoeDan67

Ronny might not have been backed to the same extent as previous Celtic managers, but he still has by far the biggest budget in Scottish football. Yet results don't reflect that gulf in wealth.

At this stage we should have a double figure lead in the SPFL instead were level, all be it with 2 games in hand.

I don't really care how much he gets to spend as I don't think it matters who comes in. We'll still have a Kamikaze defence, a lack of invention in midfield, and little penetration up front.

15. Lupis Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    I don't agree. The board have stuck to their signing policy of bringing in young players they think can be sold on for a profit, not to back the manager. If we bring in anyone in January it will be the same. I don't think he has been "backed" as I don't believe he has had any say over the signings.

16. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    I think most of the evidence points to Deila having the most say in who we target, within a particular valuation limit obviously.

The man city links - guiddeti, denayer and Boyata

Players he's worked with previously - berget

'More Scottish players' as he wanted - Armstrong, gms, Allen, Christie...

It doesn't look to me as though he's had no say over the players we sign.

17. og1

Fav Celtic Player:
    McGeady
    He also seen Siminovic play last year

18. VikingBhoy

Agree with the above, Ronny definitely has the most say - but he's also bound by board policy and financial reality, meaning that we have to sign prospects that need a year or two before we really can see the best of them. ¨

I'm happy with Boyata and Simunovic, I think they'll be a solid CB pairing in time. Allan looks like he can make it, Janko looked good before he got injured. Worried about Armstrong and particularly GMS. Ciftci and Blackett I dont really get why we signed. Overall I think he's done ok so far in the transfer market so far with the constraints we have as a club.

19. wulliebad

:smiley-laughing002:

20. Metrobhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo, Naka and Koki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    I really hope he isn't given money in January. That would set us back another couple of windows. There's no way anybody watches some of the players we take on.