1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

why is strachan not

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Rendog, Jun 4, 2008.

Discuss why is strachan not in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

Tags:
  1. Rendog

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM song
    being linked with any big managers jobs coming up?

i really mean the chelsea job, and he wasnt even linked with the man city job, his record is better than mark hughes imo, and he has managed down south with a decent record :confused:

ps im happy about him not being linked away, im just surprised

2. Metrobhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo, Naka and Koki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    They are scared of the knock back.:icon_mrgreen:

3. Biffy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik, Brown, Aiden, Artur and Big Jan
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Willie Maley
    25/1 to be Blackburn manager.

4. Venu Al

Fav Celtic Player:
    all
    Fav Celtic Song:
    the fields of athenrye
    to be honest i dot think hes good enough for the top jobs in england,his man management here does leave something to be desired but its effective although with some of the prima donnas the big 4 have he would have the majority in the reserves, im glad hes still our manager ,done very well for celtic but must still improve

5. Renegade T

Fav Celtic Player:
    Diego Samaradona
    Sam Allerdyce next blackburn manager

edit i said man city lol for big sam

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 4, 2008
  6. Dempsey

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc & McGeady
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Prove that because you are just speculating like mad there.

Several players have backed Strachans in the media over his coaching and management style. The run in this season backs that up aswell.

7. rach1888

i think if we would have won the league by a bigger margain and not left it so late (not that i'm complaining) he would have had greater interest in the same way they sniffed around o'neill...or if we went further in europe.

I think he's still got more to do at celtic

8. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

It's well known within circles we as fan don't get access to what certain people's feelings are about jobs and were they want to go and what they want to do with their careers.

It's highly probable he means everything he says about Celtic when he's talking to the media, barring the big 4 down south what more could you want than 60k a week watching you in a beautiful stadium playing in the biggest competition in Europe year in/year out?

9. Venu Al

Fav Celtic Player:
    all
    Fav Celtic Song:
    the fields of athenrye
    so dempsey you dont think strachan takes the huff with anyone??
    riordan,balde,gravesan maybe its justified but dont tell me keeping these players in the reserves or worse is good for celtic football club.
    personally im quite happy strachans here but do think he must improve .
    this forum is about opinions ,yours and MINE SO HOW THE F....K DO I PROVE IT??????????

10. Dempsey

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc & McGeady
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    As I said, several players have said publicly about 5 or more, praise his coaching and his man management very highly. Thats proof, there has been threads on here about it refering to these articles.

We cant shift Gravesen, Balde or Riordan, ya need buyers for that and termination by mutual consent is too expensive. Only 2 players have moaned, Zurawski and Riordan but their professionalism has always been questionable

11. BringItHome!CE

Fav Celtic Player:
    Neil Lennon.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields
    He may have been 'linked' how do you know? Don't tell me you base everything on the papers. They print whatever sells nothing else.

12. ellboy

Fav Celtic Player:
    BOBO,AIDEN,ATRUR,NAKA
    There is no doubt IMO that WGS is not universaly rated within Football outside of the SPL.

I think this attitude maybe changing though as he can no longer be ignored as his achievements speak for themselves.

There are many thing´s in the wee mans make-up that I don´t like pesonaly and I think these traits wrightly or wrongly (dependining on your opinion) have tarnished him in general within the football comunity.

P.S: Champions Elect do you not think a Headline for example. "Strachen in the frame for Newcastle" would not sell papers? If you don´t then you must have a very average opinion of WGS yourself.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 4, 2008
  13. BringItHome!CE

Fav Celtic Player:
    Neil Lennon.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields
    And secondly his record down South is not that good. He done well with Southampton for one season in the prem but generally he was always in a dog fight at the bottom.

14. Dempsey

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc & McGeady
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    I dont care what people think of him or rate him, its the end result that matters

15. Jeannie960 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    I know one thing though...........If we win a fourth and possibly a fifth league rangers will be financially crippled so here's to ten in a row :84:

16. BringItHome!CE

Fav Celtic Player:
    Neil Lennon.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields
    :50:

17. Rendog

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM song

If strachan was even being thought seriously for any of the jobs mentioned about we would know by now, as that would sell papers and it would have been printed. And yeah i base most my linked comments on the papers im not friends with strachan or any agents, so thats were i get my info from :86:

18. kennydal

cant agree way that mate ,i think the opposite ,his man management is second to none, opinion mate:50:

19. kennydal

well the other thread about the huddle at tannadice said a lot for him , he doesnt like the press ,and if he is blasted all over the papers ,maybe he has allready told them ,he will take them to court ,if there posting * , i dont think im to far off the mark with that ,he does hate them ,and i also think thats why he comes across as blunt

20. Paper

We could have done better in the league and domestic cups this year, no arguing, that's the bottom line.

Some will say "how can you do beter in the league than winning it?"
    well for one, you can make sure it's in your own hands before the last game of the season.
    Maybe winning more than 3 games out of 7 in the month of december. none of them were even old firm games.

He Has got much more stick this year than he deserved. Which is probably due to frustration from the fans because of ranger's doing so well.
    Anyway dempsey, that is your "proof" that there is still much to be desired.

After the 2 years of domination, it is not just ood enough to be better than rangers in the league imo

Still, i like the wee man. I think he's funny, and actually like his attitude. I look forward to at least another 2 seasons with him