1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Why does my email address send spam out??

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by Mark, Nov 27, 2004.

Discuss Why does my email address send spam out?? in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Mark

The TalkCeltic email address on the site ( timzonline@hotmail.com one ) sends out those annoying "Re: Your letter", etc spam emails taht have viruses. There's not a virus on my computer since it did it with my old PC too - I think something's up with my email address on hotmail.

Another Celtic site, cybertims, has received one of those emails from my address (obviously I didn't send it lol) and he let me know of it a while back. But it hasn't stopped and today someone else sent me an email asking who I was, etc.

Has anyone seen these emails before? I think I might have to get a new email addy for the site soon to stop the problem...Unless there's a solution?

2. BTG

Fav Celtic Player:
    McGeady, Maloney, Browny
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Ive seen them im not quite sure what it is, ive been sent them by people who didnt actually send them.. Maybe if you contacted msn they could let you know whats going on? Its happened to me for a while now.

3. hooperman

Fav Celtic Player:
    Stilian Petrov
    Fav Celtic Song:
    4 leaf clover
    Think a part of the problem is that when an email link on a web page is spidered by spambots the address is used.Another hastle is that little programme used as an msn add on is it msn plus?that programme is full of spyware yit is unbelievable.Dont think changing ur email wud be a good solution.just reminds us all to be vigilent