1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Who would be your top five targets?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Vertie Auld, Jun 1, 2015.

Discuss Who would be your top five targets? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. WolfOfParkhead

Fav Celtic Player:
    All about the collective
    Is it the same guittirez everyone's talking about that scored the winner for Mexico last night? Or is it a different one?

2. Roskopicachu

Having watched Barry Douglas last night, i honestly can't see a better option for left back. So i'm changing my list

John Souttar
    Barry Douglas
    Kenny Otigba
    Anthony Mounier
    Jahanbaksh

3. kingpenman1

Fav Celtic Player:
    Artur Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Better than Izzy.

4. kingpenman1

Fav Celtic Player:
    Artur Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Garbutt, don't think its possible, will go to another team in the Prem.

5. kokisrice

1. Agim Ibraimi - NK Maribor - tall, strong good technique left winger. Looked good against us and is still young at 26 with good sell on value. Wouldn't cost a lot to get him.

2. Barry Bannan - Crystal Palace - would cost a bit but brilliant midfielder, 25 and a celt.

3. John Souttar - Dundee Utd - composed defender with a bright future, won't cost the earth, get him in.

4. Jelle Vossen - Middlesbrough - perfect partner for Griffiths, big, strong, great finisher and superb in the air. Plus could play up front as a lone striker. Would be the most expensive but with boro missing out in the playoffs the lure of CL could be a deciding factor.

5. Wallace - Chelsea - young Brazilian right back who was signed by Chelsea in 2013 but yet to play for them. He has been loaned out to inter and Vitesse last year. Would be worth a cheeky bid as long term replacement for izzy or a loan deal could be sought.

Let me know what you guys think of my choices?

6. kokisrice

Jonathas would be an excellent signing. ..

7. lemon difficult

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    ibraimi - i think a lot of people would like to see him come here, but i think deila has other targets ahead of him for that position so probably wont happen

bannan - dont think he is the type of CM we need and given the money it would take to bring him in, we are probably best looking at other options

souttar -think he is final player we need for our CB options (assuming VVD stays). boyata, VVD, souttar, and one of mulgrew or efe could be decent options to have in the position

vossen - exactly the type of strike we need for europe i think, would be a great signing but realistic?

wallace - dont see the point to this. we have 3 RB's already. ok, fitness concerns over two of them, but i would rather we gave fisher the games than a chelsea loanee. a natural LB should be the prioirty

8. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Souttar has found his position in midfield. He looks really good there, night and day from the nervy centre back..

I'd take him..

9. martin_d

Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley Song
    Totally agree with the kind of players you've gone for here. In terms of wide-men, I went for Mounier over Ibraimi, because we've been linked with him at a reasonable price and he's been highly-rated for some time. I picked Jonathas for the striker role, but I'd be equally delighted with Vossen instead.

Bannan would do really well here, but we've been linked with better in that position, imo. I think it's a bit too soon yet for Souttar, and I don't know anything about Wallace, but if he's been at Chelsea and Inter he must have something.

10. kokisrice

I think Vossen would be a realistic target and not an astronomical wages either. Another year of championship v possibly playing in CL?

11. kokisrice

I agree with Bannan but would love to see him and Brown in a midfield role with mackay stevens/Forrest and commons/armstrong.....lethal

12. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

If we sign:

Dijks/Douglas - Challenger for Izzy
    Mechele - To partner Boyata
    McGeady - for one wing
    Mounier - for the other
    Hooper/Jonathas - to lead the line

I will cream myself. Even if we just signed one of Mounier and McGeady.

13. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Saw him play a few times last season and he was * awful.

14. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Mechele, Jonathas and Dijks would be an incredible transfer window.

15. Intellectually Absurd Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson (obvious choice ehh?)
    Indeed, with Boyata in already - * level off the chart.

16. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

I've never seen us linked with such highly rated players in any transfer window over the last, say, 8 years. With Boyata already signed, sealed and delivered, this could turn out to be a brilliant window for us. I get the feeling we're going for the kill with Ronny. The board believe in him so they're giving him money so he can take this team as far as possible.

Hopefully I'm not speaking too soon.. But I'm the most excited about any transfer window as I've ever been.

17. MarkyyBhoyy

He was at his best playing up top with a partner and also don't think he has the work rate Ronny is looking for IMO.

Of course it would be great to have him back but I just feel it might no work out as everyone would expect.

18. Jeffrey

The names popping up this year are * class. That Jonathas * looks on another level

19. murphy88

He adapted his game and was more than capable of playing as a lone striker in my opinion. Scoring goals at any level as well for us.

20. ArmchairGeorge Gold Member Gold Member

Hooper wasn't good enough in Europe when we had him, if were looking to challenge in Europe id rather we don't have Hooper up front himself cowering from headers again