1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Who would be your replacement for Ronny?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by _DannyBhoy_, Jan 31, 2016.

Discuss Who would be your replacement for Ronny? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. paulie walnuts Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Neil lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just cant get enough
    The last former Hibs manager didn't work out too well as our assistant. To be fair though Stubbs seems like a far better bloke than that arrogant * Collins.

2. ticketyboo0 Gold Member Gold Member

3. Glorious1967

The manager should be in place by now, this Lawwell * is playing the same stalling pish he does with the transfers, we will have roughly 7/8 weeks to bed in the manager and his backroom team, decimate the squad and bring in new players, Lawwell has known for months Deila was offski, this should have been a seamless transition but not at * Celtic, * hour as usual

4. ticketyboo0 Gold Member Gold Member

Apparently DD is the one sorting out the appointment of new manager this time.

5. themouth1888

I really should know better but I'm starting to get the feeling something decent is going to happen. Tbf with the cream buns chasing guys like Barton this may hopefully be a real eye opener for DD and PL.

Hopefully when they new guy comes in he has already identified players to come in. It's not too hard to realise who needs to gtf in the current squad

6. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    I think whoever it is, will be a huge gamble and it'll either be disastrous or great. Whoever is in charge of appointing has a lot of responsibility on their shoulders. We can't afford to get it wrong again.

I understand why we went for Deila but it's clear he wasn't the right man. The new manager will be under huge pressure from the off.

I change my mind daily who I want/don't want. One who has always been on my don't want list is Malky. He can get tae. Coyle can get tae too. I wouldn't mind Moyes, Keane, Rodgers, Strachan or Lennon.

I'm unsure of O'Neill, Lambert, Neil, Hartley, Stubbs or Larsson. Although, Stubbs and Larsson I'd deffo have as an assistant.

7. leeso-ardoyne

It'll be interesting next year if they do sign him. He's a firey character alright. Always wanted to see him with us but think he'd jump at the chance to sign for them. As for the manager, it's got Keane written all over it IMO. If DD is looking after the appointment, ID stick my life on it it's Keane. It's the perfect timing for him to take over, just after the euros. Not perfect time for us though because we need him in now! Think it will be announced once RD gets on the plane.

8. leeso-ardoyne

Can't wait for next season but * it incase we blow it and * the 10iar up!

9. Bonobhoy

:56::56:

Aye a real worldbeater....Guardiola would have problems dealing with this guy

10. seanbee01

Fav Celtic Player:
    scott brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    let the people sing
    I think it will be someone out of work someone who can come in right away and get the ball rolling in prep for pre season and qualifiers I don't think Keane will be the man he will be busy with Ireland that's pretty guaranteed, hopefully it's Rodgers of moyes or Flores out of the three the most realistic is probably Flores because of the wages aspect we can't come close to what Moyer and Rodgers have both had in the past, iv personally spent the last * knows how long refreshing this forum hoping for some news lol it's starting to drive me mad.

11. themouth1888

You're right he ain't a worldbeater but probably a level above some of the * we have been signing. That's my point

12. leeso-ardoyne

No world beater but he'll have a huge influence on that team. JB will do fantastic in Scottish football and it's a signing ID be worried about them making. Listen, were * and that rangers team will have great hunger next year. Anyone thinks it's going to be a walk over for us is off their heads.

13. ChrisMoh

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    think well make an appoitment a lot earlier,probably as soon as ronnys off.hopefully hes on a plane by wedensday gives him a few days to enjoy the title win,then we can announce a new mansger.thats been a few weeks now since its been an announced so im hoping the board will have been hard at work.the rumours of moyes and rodgers seemed a bit far fetched to me at first.now with guidolin at swansea and frank de boer ready to be new everton boss,im happily optimistic now that we have a very good chance of getting one of them.both did not rule it out and i reckon swansea and everton would have been the top jobs they were wanting.what other prem jobs are availible at the moment or soon will be?martinez,florez,yakin,biesla would be good options and all are availible.were actaully lucky this summer as a lot of top class coaches are availible this summer theres no excuses to appoint an coyle,mckay,keane.dermot has got a massive decision to make.

Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2016
  14. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    Hopefully he's on a * plane tonight.

Nice fella and all but we need the new guy in asap. The squad needs machete taken to it, recruitment needs done etc

Aberdeen, hearts and sevco are already stealing a march on us with recruitment.... rossiter and barton are two very good signings... especially for that * mob

15. The Thumb

Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song
    Supposedly will be on plane back home tonight

16. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    FFs Halliday dicked Brown out of a full 90 minutes.. * halliday

If Barton had been facing Scott Brown and Biton THIS season he would have ran * rings around them.

He's NOT a signing I want that mob to make.

Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2016
  17. ChrisMoh

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    even better.thought he might a stayed for a couple days celebrate the title do interviews?any chance an announcement might be made for tommorrow morning hopefully.hopefully rodgers is spotted in the crowd or in the directors box.will get everybody excited.

18. Intellectually Absurd Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson (obvious choice ehh?)
    Right hector, simmer pal.

Barton isn't * Messi, christ all mighty.

He's just a well known figure in British football albeit nowadays that is more for what he does/say's off the park, rather than on it. All of this makes him seem 'bigger' and better than he really is.

We've had better play for us the past few seasons, we've faced bigger and better the past few seasons.

I'll not be quaking with fear, I doubt Brown will be either. :smiley-laughing002:

19. AJ Styles Moussa Dembele's eyes Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Halliday is what 24/25 Barton is 36 next year and other then his decent set pieces offers the square root of * all to a team
    He is also nailed on to get sent off in at least 2 old firm games

20. freederry20

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, Wanyama, Hartson, Balde, Petrov, Lennon, Commons, Boruc, Brown, Van Dyk.
    Rodgers been spotted yet?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.