1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Who would be your replacement for Ronny?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by _DannyBhoy_, Jan 31, 2016.

Discuss Who would be your replacement for Ronny? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PEI#1

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    I enjoyed the Chris Sutton piece in the DR today.....I like how he tells it as he sees it (you don't have to agree) and his opinion kinda goes with my own personal 'old school' approach to a lot of things football wise....although I most certainly don't want a route one team....there's times when such draconian methods are required and a manager needs to feel no shame if it's the difference between a win, a draw, or indeed, a defeat.

I was intrigued with the fact that he said that the appointment of a Roy Keane type would signify a change of attitude at board level regarding who's calling the shots in all football matters..this I like.

I believe the manager should have all the say on who he wants to have in his team, who he wants out of there and how much he thinks a player is worth to him from a buying point of view.....knowing the budget he has to work with of course.

I'm a bit nervous of who the new guy will be and quite understand the choices that have been banded about, although I don't agree with some of the more popular ones....but hey, what the * do I know, I thought TM was going to murder it at CP....by the end of his time there I was ready to murder him !!

For me it's the same old story....we can't pay the transfer fees or wages offered in a lot of other leagues around Europe therefore our talent scouts have an unenviable task of unearthing hidden gems that no-one else rates that highly....lets face it, chances are these days, we're not the only ones having a look.

Once a team like Celtic show any interest in a player there is no secrecy anymore and potential selling clubs try to get as much as possible for the player.....nothing wrong with that 'cause that's exactly what we do too.

So in summation....I just hope that we get someone in that has a wee bit of guile, a decent understanding of the club and it's continuing potential, a good man management/no nonsense approach and an overwhelming passion for the game itself.
    (I just realized that I've probably described Martin O'Neil) :50:....anyway, that won't happen but someone of that ilk would suit me perfectly...Hail Hail.

2. Dirk_Diggler

It's all the same names we were linked with 2 year ago then we pulled the Norwegian magician out from no were.... Was delighted right enough coz a had £20 quid on that appointment.

Don't want Keane, has shown he is useless as a manager were he spent 140 million on complete *, then worked wonders at Ipswich...

Lambert... Good be good but there are better options..

Moyes... Has barely won a trophy in about 20 years in management but would be 100 times better than ronny...

Henrik. To early for him IMO

Malky.... Wouldn't want him better options again

Lenny... Done great the first time but he * off so IMO doesn't deserve it

Rodgers.. A would be happy if they announced it was Rodgers just feel like he would be a great fit for celtic!

Oneil.. Would take him back in a heart beat

Knowing the celtic board they will announce none of the above!

A think big Sam alardyce would do a great job at celtic, his teams seem to fight like * for each other, something we have been badly lacking, his football maybe not be the best but it would be perfect for Europe were we have been cut to shreds off mediocre opposition!

3. shaun.f

That flores dude leaving watford.

4. celtic warrior

How about this? We sign a female manager?.

5. shaun.f

:97:

6. Celticswede

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    I don't know if you're on the wind up or not, but I'll give you a serious answer.

No, it wouldn't work. I don't care if what I'm saying isn't PC but there's no way in * that will happen anytimes soon at any top club

7. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Unless it's Jennifer Lawrence.

If it's Jennifer Lawrence then I'd be fine with it.

Please let it be Jennifer Lawrence.

8. limerickcelt

Fav Celtic Player:
    all of em
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie maley
    How about a dwarf? Would be a bit of a laugh, and when we win the league they could carry him/her round inside the trophy :rolleyes:

9. CH4 Gold Member Gold Member

If she could tow baws then aye ,she would fit the bill

10. Celticswede

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    I'm not sure how well our team would operate if every player in it would want to * the manager

11. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    * all round for every win and an extra treat for European and title success.

I know that would spur me on.

12. Spring Time Gold Member Gold Member

:fear::frilly:

13. Spring Time Gold Member Gold Member

That his nick name?

14. Clint Eastwood The Good Bad and Ugly of TC

Lauren Southern is the only female I'd accept managing Celtic.

15. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Did Stubbs work under Moyes at Everton, with the academy? Just throwing a scenario out..

16. paulie walnuts Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Neil lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just cant get enough
    I would be happy with moyes and Stubbs as assistant. Not sure if Stubbs would go back to being number 2 but given Hibs horrendous result last night he might be grateful for the work.

17. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    He's familiar with our game now and would've been anyway. Knows how Moyes work's and is an ex Tim. If he left he could do worse than joining up with Moyes under good wages and building something special..

He'll probably feel it's not the way to go and with possible option's down here, but I'm sure many of us would take that double? I certainly would..

18. Henke102

Keane is getting it in my opinion , ticks every box for us, relatively cheap, worked with MON , big name for fans but not a yes man.

Will it work? Who knows, deserves every chance , just as Deila got our support right from the off

19. Spring Time Gold Member Gold Member

under martinez I think, not sure if it was academy or 1st team.

20. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    Just looked it up. Played for Moyes, twice, and Moyes gave Stubbs his first coaching role:50:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.