1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Who would be your replacement for Ronny?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by _DannyBhoy_, Jan 31, 2016.

Discuss Who would be your replacement for Ronny? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr. Slippyfist

Big mad Pearson might be a cracking shout.

Fiery Englishman to take on a baldy * English * witha speech impediment.

2. Swervedancer Guest

I was hoping we could use the prospect of a large bonus upon European qualification. Then we should be able to afford £2-3m+ a year. Not many clubs have much chance of European football so that is also another reason we might tempt them.

I don't know if they'll need much of a transfer fun as we already have the players good enough to win the league and we could probably get 3 good quality players for around £10m that would help us into Europe. We don't expect to win the European competitions so they don't need the best players.

3. Mr Diggler

Neil lennon- bring him home. Watched a youtube clip of him on plz or something, talked good sense and I think he is desperate to come back. He is Celtic to the core.

4. superleigh

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    celtic symphony
    His sol record is similar to Ronnys * that *

5. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    :97:

6. Mr Diggler

Dont think ronnys spl record was the problem, getting put out of the champions league, winless in the europa league and pumped out of both cups by ross county and worst of all sevco. Lennon did a brilliant job here he should be brought back if we cant get moyes.

7. Vinnie BBQ Justice is lost Justice is raped Justice is gone.

Louis van Gaal probably will be available in the summer if you want silly press conferences. :50:

8. Binnie_Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Commons.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just Can't Get Enough.
    I don't particularly like Pearson but he is actually a decent shout.

9. Big C

I have said from the outset that we would never get Moyes due to financial restraints placed on the club due to our potential earnings but if we got him by some personal investment from DD that would be great. Rodgers is in the same category as Moyes in my opinion but Pearson, really? His press conferences are embarrassing to say the least and again in my opinion he would not portray my club to the media in the manner I want it portrayed - professional and in control. I am beginning to get a little concerned about the next appointment because some of the names being thrown about I would not let manage Brechin City; Mackay (also the allegations will stick wherever he goes and the hun press would have a field day), Stubbs, Henrik (is not ready), Hartley, Keane all not good enough etc etc. The only one I think we can afford and would do a good job is Steve Clarke but in reality he has never been involved with the scottish league in management so who knows if he would be a success or not.

10. odonno

Where my Malky Mackay homies at?

11. Rendog

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM song
    Ibrox

12. Henke102

Everyone knows it will be difficult for moyes or Rodgers to come here, but not outside the realms of possibillity. Moyes has had 2 bad appointments on the spin and trying to rebuild his reputation. Rodgers, granted he done well enough at liverpool, although not many big clubs in england are desperate to get him.

The new manager will show the level of ambition from the board, and we cannot have any more * projects manage wise or player wise, that is uprrofessional in my opinion. A manager arguing.with media is part and parcel of the business , and shouldnt be a reason why we will should not sign a manager

13. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Don't get me wrong Pearson wouldn't be anywhere near my first choice but * letting the media and their undoubted bias/negativity flavour our decision. They target the more mild-mannered Celtic managers/staff eg. Dr.Who?, Asking who is worse Saddam Hussein or Fergus McCann, Calling the over 100 international capped Lubomir Moravcik an unknown dud.

They'll have a field day day regardless, * them.

14. Henke102

They never * about with MON or Strachan, both of them the better of them especially MON who took no * from them

15. Doogs. Lustig your the one, you still turn me on.

Imagine a journo trying to take the * out of Strachan, the * would be in shreds on the floor:smiley-laughing002:

16. Doogs. Lustig your the one, you still turn me on.

On topic;

The more I think about it Stevie Clarke sounds a decent shout. Hes had some education in management with top clubs and managers.

Seems a pragmatic guy as well, willing to switch it up if it's not going his way. Had West Brom doing extremely well a season or 2 ago as well.

He's a bit dour faced but I could live with that if he done the damage.

17. Senna s1979

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Who gives a * how the papers interpret what our manager says in a press conference?
    As long as we're winning league titles, cups, smashing Huns and tearing up Europe again i couldn't give two * if they turned up in a clown outfit with monkeys and go-go dancers.

Although that would indeed be epic.

18. johnfife1959

Look at his stats below, he has had nobody doing well, his win records are rotten, why anyone would want him i will never know.

Team Nat From To Record
    G W D L Win %

West Bromwich 8 June 2012 14 December 2013 59 19 14 26 32.20
    Reading 16 December 2014 4 December 201 53 19 14 20 35.85
    Total 113 38 28 47 33.63

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 28, 2016
  19. The Thumb

Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song
    That one on Kerrydale Street saying were in talks with Moyes. If that's true, and we secure the title I expect a announcement to be made

20. richie87 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jonny Doyle
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    what about Glen Hoddle he did well as a manager then got lambasted with England and never recovered cause he used a life Coach therapist to give them counselling. If he was doing that now he would be glorified. But as a player, Coach and Manager he has done well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.