1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Who Will Be Our Next Manager?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by FitzyBhoy1992, May 21, 2014.

Discuss Who Will Be Our Next Manager? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. .L.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Griffiths
    To be perfectly honest, I would rather not get Larsson. I think it's better to not risk any strain between Larsson and the supporters. I would actually like us to do what the likes of Barcelona have done where they brought in Guardiola from within their own ranks and then Vilanova. I think that has shown that having people who have been working with the club makes for a more comfortable change for the players and even supporters. It has shown this season with Martino with the way he has taken criticism that sometimes internal recruitment is best. Just look at Lenny. A man who had worked with the club before becoming the manager and look what he has achieved.

Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2014
  2. Airdrie Onion

Wondering about my hole getting mustarded

We bow to thee, oh Tifosi of the Talented *

[​IMG]

3. Markybhoy

This happens with all clubs to be fair. Hibs and Hearts in particular have had a shedload of ex players as their manager or linked to the manager's job at one time or another.

Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2014
  4. Rendog

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM song
    I have a gut feeling this would be a bad move. Look at fat boy across the road. If the king is not getting results how could you sack him? Dont get me wrong though i would love him to come in and do well.

5. wulliebad

No no no no....left as a legend,if he came back and failed would maybe not leave as a legend next time round.
    Maybe if he had 10+ years as manager but its way to soon.

6. Celtic_Jorge

If he came here and he flopped it would be a disaster for him.

He is a hero here. If he came here and was our worst manager in history (hopefully not) it would tarnish his status at the club irreparably. Let him get some more experience elsewhere first at least.

7. Markybhoy

It's a fair point you make.

I look at the Sevconians pea sized brains struggling with the dilemma of knowing McCoist is a useless manager but at the same time not being able to say it or abuse the guy because he's such a legend to them. It's * funny I must admit.

I would hate to ever find myself in that situation with Henrik. Obviously if he came here and he was a success then it would fan-*-tastic but the risk of it turning out badly almost makes it too much of a gamble for me.

8. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Never mind the fact that it could potentially ruin his legacy here, I don't want him as the next manager because there has to better options out there.

He's managed a couple of average Swedish clubs and hasn't exactly been a great success at either team.

9. Sebelon

Fav Celtic Player:
    McGeady
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    It would make no sense whatsoever to replace Lennon with Larsson. The only reason to change manager would be if Lennon wants to go, at that case we need an experienced manager, we don't want to start over again.
    Larsson has managed 2 teams in Sweden. The first team was decent the first year, but it did not really work out in the end. The second team which he currently manages has the worse squad in the premier division. He will be fighting relegation battle. Larsson has not performed bad, but he has neither performed well. Basically, the outcomes have been expected from a young average manager.
    If Larsson wants to come, he would come in many years from now, when he is not an average manager anymore.

10. Jack Torrance Heeeeeere's Johnny! Gold Member

Many better options than Larsson.

11. twiggybhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Gary Hooper
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Only non-celtic player I've seen link is Billic

12. murphy88

Considering they only just got promoted, the start hasn't been all that bad.

13. Fiferbhoy1991

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Missed the boat with Bilic, he's on big money in Turkey. Should have got him in when Strach left

14. jhimbhoab

Fav Celtic Player:
    Leigh
    Fav Celtic Song:
    have u seen a handsome hun
    some * are trying to unsettle our club because they know its the only way they'll stop us getting to ten in a row.........there isnt a team on a pitch in scotland that will stop us getting there in our current state....but if we go through a period of transision it could go pear shape as theres no guarantee a new manager would hit the ground running......Lenny must stay.....and if he doesnt i hope we've learned from John Barnes and Liam Brady that a rookie manager shouldnt be given the Celtic managers job......Lenny has been the exception to the rule probably worked as he was a coach under strachan and knew the club inside and out......Larssons been away a while and is yet to show he can be a manager classed in the top bracket.

15. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    No thanks, he's a dud..

16. 7bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    john hartson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie maley
    I would love to see larsson here,,,he could become the best manager we have ever had,,with him in charge he would automatically gain the respect of every celtic heart.he is one of the greatest players we have ever had...i do not think we expected that of him when he signed,,so why not manager,,id give him the chance 100%,,,get him here and lets see his magic at work again,,,larsson king of kings

17. Ciaran_67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jan Venegoor of Hessilink
    Slaven Billic, Malky MacKay, Paul Clement, David Moyes, Gianfranco Zola, Roberto Di Matteo, Steve Clarke

That would be a nice short list

18. Bangarangura

john kennedy, john kennedy, john kennedy

19. Free_Palestine

Fav Celtic Player:
    John Hartson/Dylan mcgeogh
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the old brigade
    No too surpirsed tbh had a gut instinct that he would be off this summer, no too fussed, only qualm is that it has came at the worst possible time in terms of qualifications and summer transfer targets. Maybee the club are trying to evolve too further our chances by giving a more technical manager a shot.. if and buts though.. sad hes left, good guy. wish him the best where ever he goes.

20. mls1

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura and Moravcic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    I seriously wouldn't be surprised if it was John Kennedy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.