1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Who Will Be Our Next Manager?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by FitzyBhoy1992, May 21, 2014.

Discuss Who Will Be Our Next Manager? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pinstripe

The loss of Henke didnt help his cause much either and aye, Berkovic was one of the midfielders, along with Burley, Lambert, Lubo and Reiseth.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2014
  2. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Yeah, it was an older Brazilian formation of 4-2-2-2, with Berkovic and Lubo playing just behind Larsson and Viduka...until Larsson got injured. Seriously, doesn't that sound tasty? My mouth was watering all summer. Didn't work in practice, though- especially after Larsson's leg break. Looking back, I don't think our FB's were good enough for that formation. Mahe was decent, but nothing special and I can't even remember who the RB was now. :smiley-laughing002:

3. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    It wasn't Petta, was it? I remember him as a winger.

4. Celticbhoy111

It was Petrov no? originally signed as a RB and struggled in his first years

5. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

maybe riseth was the right fullback i know he played right midfield aswell

6. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    My first reaction was to to laugh but actually that does ring a bell. FS, only Barnes would play Petrov at RB. Even Mowbray wouldn't be that dumb.

7. Pinstripe

Tom Boyd played either left or right, we also had Jackie Mac and....wait for it....... Oliver Tebily.

8. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    McNamara, of course. :31::31:

Wasn't Boyd a CB by then?

9. Pinstripe

Yeah, you could be right there, although did we not have Stubbs and big Johan in there.

10. Farmer

Reading on twitter now that the deal is in fact not yet done. Hope this gets announced tomorrow, really want him at the helm!

11. Pinstripe

That'll be us haggling over the compensation.

12. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

Lennon: I'm disappointed Keane turned down Celtic

EXCLUSIVE

<section class="body "> Daniel McDonnell

Published 06/06/2014|02:30

• 0 Comments

01 of 2

<figure> [​IMG]
    <figcaption>Roy Keane and Neil Lennon back in 2006</figcaption> </figure>

NEIL LENNON has admitted to being surprised and disappointed that Roy Keane passed over the opportunity to become his replacement at Celtic.

• Go To

The Armagh man believed that Keane was the right fit for the SPL champions and was saddened last weekend when the Corkman opted out to stay on as Ireland assistant to Martin O'Neill.
    "I was surprised and a little bit disappointed," said Lennon, speaking exclusively to the Irish Independent last night. "I think he's ready for it. He's had, what, three years since he was out of the game as a manager and he's been watching a lot of games, he's been at Champions League games, and he's got vast experience.
    "He fits the identikit of a Celtic manager. I can totally understand his situation, that it's a personal decision, but I was hoping he would take it. He would have given the club a big lift."
    DISCUSSIONS
    Lennon opted to leave Celtic last month after four years in charge and said that he would speak to their hierarchy about his successor. He indicated that Keane came up in his discussions.
    "He was talked about, right back from his time at Celtic. Dermot (Desmond) knew him very well. He would have been well up the list."
    Keane has been floated as a potential No 2 for Paul Lambert at Aston Villa, a role that he could combine with his Irish duties.
    It will be explored after the summer tour in America, with Ireland's first game against Costa Rica taking place in Philadelphia in the early hours of tomorrow, (1am Irish time).
    Speaking ahead of the match, O'Neill said that he was unaware if Keane's contract with the FAI prevented him from working for another football operation at the same time.
    "I wouldn't know about Roy's contract," said the Irish boss. "I only know about my own. I'm not interested in working for anybody else."
    Lennon, who is on holidays in Portugal, thinks that the Villa arrangement could suit Keane time-wise if it came to pass.
    Celtic have now turned their attention to Ronny Deila, a highly regarded coach working for Norwegian outfit Strømsgodset, and Lennon is very much aware of his capabilities. His appointment could be confirmed today.
    "He was going to be brought in as No 2 when Johann Mjallby (his assistant) left," he revealed.
    "He came highly recommended, he's highly thought of. I don't know if it's confirmed with Celtic yet, but I know from contacts in the game that he is well respected as a coach. We recruited Stefan Johansen from Strømsgodset, so we were aware of his work. It'll be interesting to see if Ronny gets the job."
    * See tomorrow's Irish Independent for a full interview with Lennon about his decision to step away from Celtic and what the future might hold. The 42-year-old has been confirmed as part of RTE's punditry team for the World Cup in Brazil.
    </section>
    - See more at: http://www.independent.ie/sport/soc...own-celtic-30333535.html#sthash.22j26ISz.dpuf

13. McKagan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ralston
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Go home ya huns
    Nearly spat out my morning snout there! Bizarre.

14. murphy88

Scott Brown at left back would suggest otherwise :smiley-laughing002:

15. Binnie_Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Commons.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just Can't Get Enough.
    What good does Lennon think he is doing in that interview? :38:

16. D'Ecosse

Right there with you :38: :38:

All I can say is than * P & D didn't listen to his advice and we'd be actually getting Keane!

Anyone else think Keane knew he wasn't actually first choice and so 'declined consideration' as saving face rather than not being picked?
    That thought no more than that though - I do believe DD had him picked as his first choice.

17. Binnie_Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Commons.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just Can't Get Enough.
    Gave Deila a slap in tha face that's for sure. I for one am a lot more excited bt Deila than I was with Lennon, so I can't wait for him to take the helm and prove his worth.

18. Andy Thom 66

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mikel Lustig
    Fav Celtic Song:
    This land is our land
    Yeah agreed Binnie. Deila seems an exciting prospect and the sort of unknown breeds excitement.
    Cant wait to see him started and lets hope he gets some time from the fans (The real fans\) to get his ways and methods across.

Roy who??? :smiley-laughing002::smiley-laughing002:

19. Ruxin

Excited about this appointment. Also would like to see John Collins brought in as No.2. Would hopefully be similar to the Wim and Murdo dynamic in 97/98.

20. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    Well thank * that Keane is not gonna be our manager and Lennon to say he was the right man for the job? * clueless.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.