1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

WGS...Come Back...!

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by craigcfc7, Jan 28, 2010.

Discuss WGS...Come Back...! in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. craigcfc7

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broonyy...Broonyy....!
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    I just wanted to point out that in the midst of our clubs current downfall, and going through the worst period in terms of success for over 10years that we should all be appreciative of the success that TM predecessor delivered, under very similar financial constraints, and against a better Rangers side.

Everyone who shouted and hounded for to get him out, and ranted disgusting and personal chants at him should hang there heads in shame, as him leaving our club has been the start of our recent demise. This isn't a "Ha, I told you so" post because I am hurting too much for that right now, but....do people only now appreciate what WGS done for our club? I was a massive fan and wish last summer has went so different with regard to our management team....

I believe TM is on a very shakey peg, and any previous Celtic or Rangers manager recognises one fact...you must hit the ground running...so Mogga, don't ask for 2 or 3 years to build a team, we should have been building from a position of strength, not clawing our way from the wilderness which we are now in. If you want 3 years to build a team, will you pay my season ticket for that 3 year period, because I will be turning up knowing your eye isn't on now, its on our "Future"....thats unacceptable. :54:

2. mickcfc91

Fav Celtic Player:
    Current - Scott Brown .. All Time - Lubo n henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Wiley Maley
    I heard he's working wonders down at Middlesborugh :rolleyes:

* clown :56:

3. Pearse1888

Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    away and take yer head out of yer *

4. SixtySeven

Is the fact that we're not 'building from a position of strength' not down to our previous Managers inability to win us the title when it was in our own hands?

Quite an idiotic statement actually....

5. Dempsey

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc & McGeady
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Cutting off the nose to spite the face springs to mind

6. mickcfc91

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Wiley Maley
    To me or him :97:

7. Hoopy07

Fav Celtic Player:
    Arthur Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of athenrye
    Would not take him back. what is done is done, thanks for the memory's and the titles Gordon.

Just a shame i wont be saying that about our current manager in years to come.

8. Just Kieran Gold Member Gold Member

WGS back?

* right off

9. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Strachan had his time here and was successful. But everyone has moved on now.

10. Dempsey

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc & McGeady
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    You

Strachan back is not going to happen and a silly notion but I wouldnt mock one of the most successful Celtic managers of all time. Especially where we are at this season with a manager implementing "football the celtic way"

11. mickcfc91

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Wiley Maley
    The thread is a pile a pish.

I wasnt mocking Strachen but to suggest he is the answer to the problems is a lot of *. His time was up when he left, played * football with * players but got results (not when it counted in the last season though).

12. Hoopy07

Fav Celtic Player:
    Arthur Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of athenrye
    Those players could not have been that *, cause we where never 10 points behind Rangers in any time of his 4 years in charge.

What does that tell you about the squad we have just now?? Then again maybe it aint the squad maybe its the manager.

What a would do for * football and winning at home and in europe again.

13. FlaviusMecurius

Recent demise!!! * are you on about!! we lost the league last season after 3 in a row and granted it aint looking too clever for this season either, but you are obviously too young to remember real hardship as a celtic fan. finishing in 5th place behind * motherwell lucky to even have a team to support!!!

sitting and watching the huns spend big money on gazza laudrup wilkins woods and the rest 9 in a * row!! thats pain and hardship.

you need to surgically remove your brain from your * hoop we have been spoiled success wise in recent times and some of you lot seem to think we have a divine right to challenge and win the treble and when the goin gets tough sack the manager the board the players.

everone was moaning about the style and standard of play under strachan mogga is trying to change that and still people arent happy this is a long term project you cant change a team in one season write this season off and judge mogga on next seasons achievements and bear in mind the last 2 seasons teams have been 7 points behind and won the league us and them so get off his case the only way mogga will go is if he walks and i think he's too big a man to chuck it.

you have no alternative you arent his employers so try and actually back the guy and the team for a change instead of slating him and the players at every opportunity im not happy with the way the seasons going but i have definately seen improvement in the type and standar of football played and i for one am a fan i support my team through thick and thin..

Tiocfaidh-*-ar-la:47:

14. obonfanti1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Chris Sutton
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Henrik Larsson is the King of Kings
    :50: good post; too many fans seem to forget the 9IAR years

as for bring back strachan; oh yeah coz hes doing so * well at boro :rolleyes:

15. ladbroke8

Lol at least Mowbray got out of the championship..... oh what we cant judge Strachan after a few months at Boro.... I can het the pot calling the...

16. Monny.1888

I never wanted him to leave! Would take him back in an instant.

17. limezer

I was delighted when we got Strachan but after watching his last 2 seasons I would have to say If he came back so would my season ticket. Mowbray is making improvements It might take another few months before he gets the balance right but I think he will get us there.

18. albashamrock

Strachan back? No chance!

Even if the majority of fans want him back, which I seriously doubt, he wouldn't come.

It is not his team anymore and some of the players he trusts are away. Also I think he had enough of not only criticism from the stands (some which was justified but not all) but also what was happening off the park at times, whether it be personal abuse in the street or his players/coach getting jumped when they were out

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 28, 2010
  19. Overkill187 Batshitcrazy

as far as I remember we didn't win the spl last season. it's time to move on.

by the way Boro supporters would gladly give him back...

20. celtic_bhoy81

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjälby
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    That just takes the biscuit!! Now I never wanted Strachan to leave for any other reason than it was time to, win or lose the least league. I appreciate all he done. It wasn't pretty but it worked most the time.

TM and ALL our NEW players need time. Why can't some people see this??? There is no magic wand that makes a team gel over night.