1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Welcome to Celtic, Tyler Blackett

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by freederry20, Aug 28, 2015.

Discuss Welcome to Celtic, Tyler Blackett in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. SonOfAnarchy67 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson, Lubo and Virgil Van Dijk
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Y.N.W.A
    People need to get a grip on here, there is so much needless negativity about just about everything just now.

2. lemon difficult

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    I don't think he is the donkey people are trying to make out he is, but I don't think he is ready to be our starting CB (at least in Europe). I'd be happy enough with him coming in if we were to keep VVD or bring in another quality replacement if he leaves.

Maybe I'm being over optimistic, but part of me still things VVD might still be our player once the window closes

3. mickcfc91

Fav Celtic Player:
    Current - Scott Brown .. All Time - Lubo n henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Wiley Maley
    People think that a 20 year old (at the time) who was no quite ready for Man U at the start of a transitional period of time automatically isnt good for us is laughable.

4. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    You can say the same thing about people thinking he is a 3 million pound player cause he is at Man Utd and had a few games, of which he was * to be fair.

5. Antz1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Emillio Izaguirre, Joe Ledley, Beram Kayal
    Fav Celtic Song:
    'You'll never walk alone' 'Let the People Sing'
    Exactly I can't believe people are accepting that we've known that VVD was leaving for a looooooong time and a loan deal is the best they can come up with. What really is the point in our scouting team?

People also keep mentioning him making it into the Man U side, the reason for that was they had a injury crisis at the back and Van Gaal wanted to play with 3 centre backs. The guy also had a 6 month loan at Birmingham managing only 8 appearances.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 29, 2015
  6. eoingault

Seen him play a few Games for United last season and he looked well out of his depth. He looked uncomfortable I the ball, didn't offer anything going forward and was often the player teams targeted to get at.

Also i live inn Birmingham ( Don't follow then though) and i asked a few of their fans whats he like and their replies where that he's "OK". An ok championship player doesn't fill me with optimism.

7. Roy's Keane

Fav Celtic Player:
    Naka
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Four Leaf Clover
    From a Man Utd blog:

"Therefore a loan move makes sense and the option to buy is great for both clubs. Celtic have first-choice on an exciting prospect in Tyler Blackett who may not be able to fully break into the Manchester United team but will be a strong addition for the future for any side."

The thought that this guy is disregarded by some of our fans is a complete * joke. Represented England at every level so far and broke through to the Man Utd 1st team at a very young age.

Who knows how successful he will be but I'll tell you one thing 100% - no one here has one * idea how it will turn out.

8. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

Hope we get him and another CH on a perm deal. Have Boyata, Blackett and a new CH fighting it out for the two positions.

9. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    If we don't get another centre half to replace VVD we have signed a lad who was not very good when he got his chance at UTD and was not the best on loan at Birmingham..... * depressing if you ask me.

When we signed VVD he was in the Dutch league team of the year. first team player with first team experance in a good league under his belt and we are looking to sign this Man Utd youngster.......

In all honesty can you see us signing another centre half? Even if we sign this lad? IMO we won't but I hope I'm wrong and we do cause we * need one.

10. Pearse67*

Heard he signed on loan

11. rainbow

Fav Celtic Player:
    Stefan Marius Johansen
    I like this.

12. Roy's Keane

Fav Celtic Player:
    Naka
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Four Leaf Clover
    Well that's me convinced. I often judge very young players on how they look playing for Manchester United after a few games in the EPL when they were in crisis.

Pretty sound judgement there. Looks like all the England coaches who played him in their teams at every level were wrong, along with all the Man Utd coaches and LVG who decided he should be given a chance in the first 11 for one of the biggest clubs in the world.

Very grateful to have you here to disprove them all wrong. Really hope we don't sign this guy now.

13. freederry20

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, Wanyama, Hartson, Balde, Petrov, Lennon, Commons, Boruc, Brown, Van Dyk.
    He's in Glasgow according to SSN

14. LoveTheTic88

Manchester United First team

During the 2014 pre-season, Blackett played at centre-back for Manchester United in a 3–5–2 formation and his performances led to him earning praise from new manager Louis van Gaal. In the club's final pre-season match against Valencia at Old Trafford, he provided the assist for Marouane Fellaini's stoppage-time winner to make the score 2–1.

As a result of an injury crisis and the departure of experienced defenders Rio Ferdinand and Nemanja Vidić from the club, Blackett was drafted into the first team squad on a permanent basis. Blackett made his competitive debut for Manchester United on 16 August 2014, in the first match of the 2014–15 Premier League season, playing the full 90 minutes and being booked in a 2–1 home defeat to Swansea City in Van Gaal's first competitive match as Manchester United manager. He also played in the next game away at Sunderland, which ended in a 1–1 draw with Blackett making an important clearance during the match to help earn Manchester United a point. Blackett also played in the 0-0 draw against Burnley on 30 August 2014. During this game he received a yellow card for a mistimed challenge. Blackett then played in United's first win of the season when they beat Queens Park Rangers 4–0 as a centre-back rather than a full-back. He was sent off in the 82nd minute on 21 September as United lost 5–3 at Leicester City.

On 17 May 2015 in a home match against Arsenal, Blackett came on in place of Marcos Rojo after 73 minutes, and nine minutes later deflected a Theo Walcott cross for an own goal past United goalkeeper Victor Valdés to cause a 1–1 draw

15. RockhardBoss

I thought he looked alright in the few games he played for United.
    This is a guy that has come through at one of the biggest clubs in the World and is being deemed, on here, as not good enough? Celtic aren't as good as some seem to think.

16. shendr18

Manchester United muscle man Tyler Blackett beats Memphis Depay and Bastian Schweinsteiger as team-mates pick club's strongest player

• Memphis Depay is still not ready to oust Tyler Blackett as the strongest
    • Defender is in the gym every morning and afternoon sculpting his body
    • Ashley Young and Luke Shaw are no match for the 21-year-old

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...ee-Tyler-Blackett-strongest-player-squad.html

17. Mr. Slippyfist

Blackett is strong?

*, anytime I've seen him he looks powederpuff as *.

i think he'd be a welcome addition though.

18. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    Depay looks a fairly strong guy. Ashley Young and Luke Shaw though? :smiley-laughing002:

19. RockhardBoss

BLACKETT SET FOR CELTIC
    Manchester United defender Tyler Blackett has arrived at Celtic to complete a season-long loan deal.
    Blackett played 12 times for United last season and was sent off in the 5-3 defeat at Leicester in September.
    But with Virgil van Dijk linked with a move to Southampton before the end of the transfer window, the Hoops have moved to bring Blackett to Celtic Park.
    The 21-year-old, who came through the ranks at United, spent loan spells with Blackpool and Birmingham during the 2013/14 campaign.

20. The Thumb

Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song