1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Scott Sinclair!

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by TicFan88, Aug 6, 2016.

Discuss Scott Sinclair! in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Some of the criticism is massively exaggerated. He didn’t do much in a team of players who didn’t do much.

Seems to have assumed a whipping boy role for the fans because sometimes it feels as if it’s hard for people to appreciate him when he does score, assist or cause damage. Which he has done in recent weeks.

Tommy25, packybhoy, Rydo1888* and 5 others like this.
  2. Tim-Time 1888 Always look on the bright side of Life Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail
    Was mince today.

3. dmac

Still got a bit to go before he gets back to his 1st season from

4. Cupid Stunt

Thought he looked really good at times, had a couple of decent runs and seemed a bit more confident on the ball again. Think people expect too much from him at times, he had a poor run of form but he was also dealing with a lot off the park, whether that be his missus going through a horrendous pregnancy or being racially abused during matches and all over social media. Few more games, few more goals and a couple of decent runs to keep improving his confidence and I think he'll get back to his best. I've certainly not lost faith in him at this point.

Tommy25, StPauli1916 and joemc like this.
  5. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

I think people expect him to be doing a lot more than he has been doing for about a year now. And that's absolutely fair.

He has 7 goals and 10 assists in 48 matches, dating back to mid-December of last year. 3 of those goals being penalties, by the way.

For one of our highest earners, and a player we know is capable of much more...that's nowhere near good enough.

6. MartinoBianco

There isn’t an argument here - he is the main reason we’ve lost or drawn many games because of his wasteful finishing

In his first season he looked like the budget Ronaldo. Absolutely terrorised defences. He’s had ample chances to seize games by the scruff of the neck and he’s been so wasteful. When you look at the bench, Lewis Morgan must be wondering ‘how can I not get a game over this player’?

I fear Brendan sticking to his blue eyed boy may derail the Treble Treble

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Whole team has bad game, let's jump back on the bash Scotty train... hes been excellent majority of our great run we've been having. I thought he'd get a rest after Thursday. No wonder most the team struggled on a horrible pitch, and being mentally tired. History shows we draw or loose a high percentage of games after Thursday night games. So I'm not blaming him. He's been one of our best players as of late.

Tommy25, StPauli1916 and pete0301 like this.
  8. Mystic Penguin

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Amhrán na bhFiann
    I thought he was great against Hearts and great against RB so I don't want to be overly critical when everyone was pish yesterday.

Tommy25 and StPauli1916 like this.
  9. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    He is missing chances that he normally scores this is true... But the reason he is in the team over Morgan is because he is creating being a part of the chances Morgan hasn't even got past a defence yet

Sent from my AUM-L29 using Tapatalk

10. Cupid Stunt

And that also completely ignores everything the guy has been going through in that time. He's human, none of us have got any idea how being racially abused in person and online will have impacted on him and his confidence, but I can't imagine it would have been positive. Lennon has considered quitting his job because of the racist abuse he receives and I can't imagine Sinclair found it/finds it any easier to deal with. His family was being targeted as well.

Tommy25 likes this.
  11. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

It was despicable, of course, but I'm not buying that. The racial abuse that was widely reported occurred last June. If his form was rotten during the start of the season in July/August, then I'd say it's perfectly reasonable to use the abuse as a factor. However he started the season on fire, then completely fell away from mid-December until now.

12. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    I agree 100%. He is the fall guy for the fans at the moment and we always have one at Celtic down the years. I think because of his earnings and other players playing to a higher standard then the fans give him it a bit tighter. This guy at his age should be sailing this league and top of his game he is unplayable. I did agree with Brendan keeping him on yesterday as he needs more game time and to build up fitness levels. I just think it is frustrating to watch a build up or nice passage of play turn to dust because he turns right into the first man. When he first came he was beating 2 players with the same runs. More concentration needed but less stick for the guy. Getting on his back isn’t productive.

Tommy25 and PaulM1888 like this.
  13. Spring Time Gold Member Gold Member

Don’t apologise for it.

14. Cupid Stunt

Which then coincided with other off field issues such as his missus going through a pretty tough pregnancy with a small child already in their family. His confidence has taken a shattering, the fans constantly getting on his back and saying we should bin him despite still being among the top goals and assists two years running is not going to help in my opinion. He's shown glimpses of his former self in recent weeks, one poor game on a * pitch among numerous * performances from others and he's the instant whipping boy.

Tommy25 and Liam Scales like this.
  15. MagnificentSeven Charly Musonda CSC

Utter dug *.

Brendan needs to stop giving him chances.

His finishing is woeful & he canny even take on a man anymore.

No point in him being on the pitch.

McChiellini.. likes this.
  16. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop
    If you look at the three clear cut chances we had today at 0-0,1-0 ( Christie, Sinclair and Ntcham) Sinclair was the only one that even hit the target and therefore had a chance to score. However looking at all of those chances objectively doesn't really fit in with the pre-written narrative unfortunately.

Tommy25, Spring Time and packybhoy like this.
  17. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

18. buchanbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    jimmy johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie malley song
    Not his best game today .
    I still feel it’s time to move him on as he is not value for money .

19. Keano88

Wit a goal.

Tommy25 likes this.
  20. Norm Peterson

Grabbed a goal (well, not technically), and kept running. He's had worse games, he's had better games. Still don't think he's as bad as some people make out though...