1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ryan Christie

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by LloydsGamble, Aug 28, 2015.

Discuss Ryan Christie in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Sunderland is a decent shout..

Gonna be attacking. Does well and they get promoted then even they might buy him..

2. Jordann Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    David Turnbull
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    The new owner seems like he'll back the manager as well. As long as he doesn't try for Morgan until we know if he's going to make it

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

3. StainseyBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Andy Hinkel !!
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    Keep him here for now. With rogic at the world cup this is a perfect chance to show us what he's got.

4. freitassen

A lot of people talk about giving him "a chance", but he stayed here for the whole of 2016. Played 10 league games. That this went completely unnoticed and some people actually forgot he was a part of the squad for so long says a lot.

5. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

Well he had Johansen, Rogic and McGregor ahead of him, when he did play he impressed but was only 20 and clearly needed experience elsewhere on loan. Rogic barely played went on loan came back and worked his way in the team.
    Some players need more time, ridiculous not to give him a chance when he was the main creater for the sheep.

ChrisMoh likes this.
  6. Jordann Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    David Turnbull
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    It's been 2 seasons since he last played for us, definitely worth giving him a chance to see if he has improved.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

PEI#1 likes this.
  7. Raoul Duke

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Rogic never really played because he was injured was it not?

8. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    Has he come back for pre season or is he going back out on loan to the sheep?

9. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

From what I remember he never really got a chance with Commons in the team, then I think when he went on loan he got a bad injury.

10. shaunm

If he isn’t going to play here this season extend his contract and loan him to English Championship,hopefully make some money on him if he does well,* loaning him to Aberdeen again

11. PEI#1

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    I like this young player....seems like a pretty honest professional to me.....big season for him if he's to cement his place here at Celtic.....I think he's determined to find out if he really can cut it and therefore he just might surprise some people.....good luck to him.

Tommy25 likes this.
  12. ApartPidgeon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    We have to remember when we signed him from Inverness he was a 20 year old promising young player fighting relegation each season we were looking to develop. In the 1 1/2 years he has been at Aberdeen been involved in challenging for the title or 2nd if you prefer and now has European and international experience to judge him by 2016 stint isn't fair. Look at Rogic before he went on loan to that Australian club.

13. buchanbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    jimmy johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie malley song
    It would be good to see what Brendan can do with him as the bhoy does have talent and hopefully Brendan can develop him like he did with Jamesy bhoy .

Tommy25 likes this.
  14. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

RYAN Christie insists his season-long loan spell at Aberdeen has made him better equipped to become a first-team regular at Celtic over the coming campaign. The 23-year-old spent last term with the Dons and impressed as Derek McInnes’ men secured a runners-up spot in the Scottish Premiership for the fourth year running.

His form for the Pittodrie side also saw him earn full international honours for Scotland where he featured alongside several of his Celtic team-mates.

Reflecting on these achievements and the experience of regular first-team football at a high level, the attacking midfielder believes he has benefited greatly from his time in the Granite City.

And reunited with his Celtic colleagues at their pre-season training camp in Austria, he’s determined to prove he now merits a place in Brendan Rodgers’ plans over the next 12 months as the champions aim to maintain their domestic dominance.

Speaking exclusively to the official Celtic website, Christie said: That is the plan. I wouldn’t be back if I didn’t think that. I have plenty of confidence in myself that I can have a place in the squad and make a claim for myself, even though it’s a very experienced and talented squad. Over the next couple of weeks, for me, it’s about working hard and trying to impress.

“Pre-season has been good and now it feels like I never left. My first day back was a little strange but now I’m settled in and it’s been nice being away with the boys and I’m ready for the hard work.

“I really enjoyed my time at Aberdeen and there were so many positives to come from it. I really enjoyed working under Derek McInnes and playing under a similar pressure to here, where there’s a need to win and that was really helpful for me. There were plenty of things I learned on my time away and hopefully I can use them to my advantage to come back here and hopefully do well.

“I played a lot of games last season and it was one of the first times in my career where I churned out around 40 games. That was good as it was my first proper full season. It was brilliant to learn from that and be with a team from start to finish, having the pressure to finish as high up the table as possible, and I was delighted we managed to finish second.

“At the start of last season, I would never have thought I would have been introduced to the Scotland squad, so for that to come around as well was brilliant.”

Christie started in Celtic’s 1-0 victory over SK Vorwarts Steyr in their opening pre-season friendly on Wednesday night, and he’ll be hoping fo another chance to stake a claim when the Hoops take on Bohemians Prague on Saturday. He knows this a crucial few weeks in his Hoops career.

“It’s big for me,” said the boyhood Celtic fan. “I knew that coming into it over the summer, but it’s an exciting time which is good, and I’m just looking to work hard and see where it takes me.”

Lilac Wine likes this.
  15. Lilac Wine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    I'd like to see him given a chance as he seems very positive going forward and isn't afraid to get stuck in and track back to regain possession, he definitely hates losing the ball.

Tommy25 likes this.
  16. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    Isn't mobile enough and pretty weak..

Similar to Henderson in that respect....so can't see Brendan keeping him..

17. freitassen

I think sometimes we are too harsh to players from the academy. A lot of people are already quite critical of Calvin Miller and Ralston but if they came from SPFL clubs at that age they would be regarded as excellent prospects and have all the patience in the world waiting for the time they finally blossom.

Henderson is younger than Christie and have definitely achieved more in football than Christie. Allowing Henderson to leave the club was an unanimity (I also agree with that), but Christie still deserves a second, a third chance.

18. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    Calvin Miller isn't good enough for us..

Brendan has tried to convert him to left back but he's never 1 in his life..

Was hopeful about Ralston but the more I see him, the more I think he's gash..

The 2 above could play for a bottom half SPL side and forge out a half decent career like so many before them....just no for us..

Christie is a better standard. Could make the odd appearance for us (which does him no good), play for 1 of the best side's in Scotland regularly bar us or down in the English Championship and league 1 comfortably..

19. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Deserves to stay until Jan and seize his chance if he can..

Tommy25 and Mince.Charming like this.
  20. TheHappyLoss

Don't think he'll get many chances if any though