1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Welcome to Celtic Maeda, Ideguchi and Hatate

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Sgt Neppers*, Dec 31, 2021.

Discuss Welcome to Celtic Maeda, Ideguchi and Hatate in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    I think Maeda is likely to be called up.

2. horseshoe

Probably one of the reasons Maeda is technically a loan and won't be completed til the summer, staggers his fee into the summer windows budget and the next tax year, so there's more cash available now for other business.

martin_d likes this.
  3. Mickmac Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    James Forrest
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    That's why I said in the SPL. We don't have to defend much and we have the security of 3 at the back so could have Jota wide.

4. Heb Celt

We better hope Gaukimakis is fit for game against the Huns if it’s likely we’ll lose Kyogo and Mead.

eire4 likes this.
  5. Mickmac Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    James Forrest
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Our wide men could play more like wingers as we don't have to defend as much in the SPL and we'd have the security of 3 at the back. We could play a 334 when attacking reverting to 352 when we lose the ball. Would be exciting to watch and help us to break down defences.

6. Jordann Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    David Turnbull
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Do you have confidence in 3 CBs playing for us right now? We don’t have the players to suit that system.

Also, we’re either making Jota/Forrest/Abada play as wing backs or they’re on the bench, we’d lose so much.

If we go 3-3-4 in attack and 3-5-2 in defence, we’re going to get caught on the break by any team that plays wide with pace. For example, Hibs could break with Boyle on the wing, there is no chance Jota is getting back from an attack to catch him and then the 3 cbs will get split and leave plenty of gaps.

I will admit, I hate 3 at the back in general, but we don’t even have the players to play that system. We’ve bought attacking wingers and full backs.

7. rudebhoy67 Gold Member Gold Member

Maybe sounds a bit sick, but fingers crossed he doesn't.

eire4 likes this.
  8. bhoy_wonder Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    JCGE
    Just Hatate to come in now now anyone following his flight yet??

9. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    I still have hopes that he'll do well for us when up to speed. It has taken a lot longer than we'd hoped but no writing him off..

I'd be surprised if he was our only available option for the Huns..

I think Maeda, Kyogo or both will still be here. Giakoumakis as an option from the bench..

Can see Rogic deffo being away though. Their fat hun * of a manager did it last time for a meaningless game..

10. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    To be fair the international games in question are world cup qualifiers so other then being injured it is a certainty that Rogic will be missing and I have to think at least 1 or more of our Japanese boys unless their government has restrictions in place about players returning from abroad.

11. Mickmac Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    James Forrest
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    I hate 1 up front against packed defences. We've now got Kyogo and Maeda. I think playing one of them wide is a waste and Kyogo hasn't looked that great playing wide. How else do we fit them both in the team.
    I think in some games where the opposition are hardly interested in scoring eg St Mirren and Livi we should be pushing more players forward and maybe taking more of a chance.
    When we attack whoever's playing centrally in the back 3 could step forward into the holding role and allow the 3 midfielders to go forward.
    If we're pressing aggressively the teams in the SPL would struggle to break forward. They'd resort to punts and we should be able to deal with that.
    This would be in games where the opposition are sitting deep in numbers not games where we could be caught on the break eg Hibs, Hearts, Aberdeen especially in away games.
    I think we can have different formations for different games and adjust it during games.
    Ralston could play in a back 3. I think CCV and Welsh are reliable enough and Scales, Bitton and Starfelt are good enough in the SPL. If Jullien is ever fit again then obviously he'd come in.

12. Jordann Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    David Turnbull
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Maeda can play on the left, but we can also play 2 up front. There are many variations of how we can play going forward.

What we need to do more is press more as a team and not just have Kyogo being the main presser, Maeda and Hatate will probably allow us to play more along that style of play.

We want to play a high pressing game, I believe, but we are still building a squad capable of playing this way.

And yeah we need to do better at breaking down opponents who just play 10 defenders, but that’s by having having everyone pushing forward, eg the full backs pushing higher up and being involved as well. Also having players who can play quick passes and quick movement, great linkup play.

Anyway, I personally hope we don’t ever go 3 at the back but we’ll see what happens for the rest of the season.

Mickmac likes this.
  13. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Glad weve got these guys in, although I don't really know much on them, but do believe we should call it now with the Japanese players, Id not be confident with a raft of them coming in as not sure if theyd settle here.

Maybe other nationalities from the league (I like Mooy) but integrating a host of them to our game I dont think would work.

14. Samurai Bhoy

Great business considering the likes of Hibs are looking for 3m for players like Boyle.

Tommy25 likes this.
  15. ApartPidgeon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    I'm guessing tomorroe for him

16. Skelleto

Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the old brigade
    Can't wait to see what nicknames the guy who named Kyogo "GoGo" comes up with for this Bhoys!

17. Sgt Neppers*

First glimpses of the new guys.

Plus Jamesy, Julien and GG in the video also.

18. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

19. oh bhoy

ideguchi the master of disguise ,looks completly different every time i see him

20. muaythai postie

Fav Celtic Player:
    lubo
    There's just something about maeda, you just know he's gonny tear it up. Hatate is the 1 I've been really looking forward to see but the more i see maeda I see a guy who looks extremely confident in his ability.