1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Kristoffer Ajer

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Officer Doofy, Jan 5, 2016.

Discuss Kristoffer Ajer in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Still has lots to learn but he's looking like the real deal...

Sent from my HTC Desire 530 using Tapatalk

Lilac Wine and freitassen like this.
  2. freitassen

Never thought I would be saying that but thank Ronny for that one, what a finding. This kid only costed 750k. And that's because by the time we signed him he was the captain of a norwegian top tier team with 60 games on his CV before he even could be allowed to drive. It's not by any means surprising he is becoming a star and really good we were the first to knock on his door, something that I think it wouldn't happen without Deila

Tommy25 and Lilac Wine like this.
  3. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

4 more years of this username though JC :86:

JC Anton and Lilac Wine like this.
  4. Lilac Wine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    I can see the Ahh Yeahh getting longer with more exclamation marks every season :cool: :50:

JML67 likes this.
  5. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

Seven exclamation marks in a row!

Lilac Wine likes this.
  6. Lilac Wine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    :56: :57:

7. ladbroke8

It's 2016 all over again!

8. Lilac Wine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Great point. (especially from allegedly the Forum's worst poster :43: :giggle1: ) I think that's why the fans have a lot of respect for Ronny even though it didn't work out. We know his story and how it was the board's fault for landing him with such a huge responsibility without his own backroom staff so he made the most of it.

He tried his best at developing youth and was successful with a few, his last game he even subbed on Celtic's youngest ever debut scorer. I love him bringing McGregor back in from the cold too.

He also left us with some great memories as well as bad, because when we played the way his ambition desired we were unstoppable with a beautiful flair.

I think Ajer's ambitious runs into midfield reflect Ronnie's philosophy on the game. I'm so happy he signed another 4 years because Dortmund must've been very tempting. It's a sign of intelligence though when a young player sees the unique opportunity we offer.

Tommy25 likes this.
  9. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

One of my favs..:50:

Tommy25 and JML67 like this.
  10. freitassen

Was there a vote for the worst poster and I didnt take part?

Ronny would be a great assistant manager a top level, and probably a very good manager at medium level. It's just he has no plan B and couldnt command respect from players from not having a big name (something it's more about players being * than about his capacity). He had good ideas as that dome we still didnt build. His recruiting was mostly below par, but we can see that even under Rodgers things are not exactly ideal, so it doesn't seem to be mostly his fault we landed donkeys like Ciftci and Blackett.

Regardless, Ajer is definitely a signing that wouldnt have happened without him. I am only surprised more teams werent interested back then

Tommy25 and Lilac Wine like this.
  11. Lilac Wine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Nah, if there was a vote I would've won :62:

You're right about Ronnie making a great assistant manager which was the original idea till the board messed with Lenny and didn't give him full control over signings.

Ciftci was a strange one, I think because Dundee Utd were performing well at the time we decided to buy their best players which was a shame for them as they kinda sunk like a stone afterwards.

Armstrong and GMS performed well together there but playing for Celtic is a totally different level altogether and it doesn't help when the manager isn't sure what your best position is.

Luckily for Armstrong Brendan managed to save him and GMS is probably playing at the right level for him as he couldn't handle the pressure of Celtic even though he did have some fantastic games for us, if he was consistent he could be a special player. I don't think Ciftci was ever going to be good enough for us.

Wasn't there a pressure or strategical ideology to sign Scottish based players so that somehow it would increase the quality of our league? I think it backfired a little but then again, the EPL buys our very best players and we keep marching on but it gets tougher every year so hopefully soon we have a scouting Golden Era like Seville have been enjoying under their ex goalkeeper.

It is strange more teams weren't interested in Ajer. All I can think of is Ronnie persuaded him the same way Brendan persuaded Moussa, that he would get a much better chance of first team experience and also the prospect of European experience which he wouldn't get at a large club which in turn would mean he would reach his potential much quicker and within a few years big clubs would then offer big money?

We are a selling club and I think that's basically how we attract promising talent that we couldn't normally afford.

12. freitassen

I think that when you look back at most of the signings that became *, it's hard to imagine how they were Ronny's idea. How could he have ever heard of Blackett and Tonev? At very least a scouting team came to him with that proposition and he trusted them. The scottish guys, I do wonder if that thing you said exist, a policy of "buying scottish" to strenghten the game and keep those players here for longer rather than going to league 1, and profitting financially from thay. I am not totally against that, actually I like the concept, but then again, how could this be Ronny's idea? He made a lot of mistakes, but those arent his.

The only signing clearly with his fingers on it was perfect. And if only we have gotten that boy Odegaard too that he tried very hard, using the same arguments you mentioned about Dembele.

Lilac Wine likes this.
  13. centenary88

Fav Celtic Player:
    John Collins
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Watching him in the cup final I was greatly impressed by his development in the technical ball playing aspect of his game , his willing and ability to advance with the ball at his feet when the chance came was excellent. I am really looking forward to watching how much he kicks on next season , bhoy could be something special.

Lilac Wine likes this.
  14. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Some of the comments on pages 1-4 of this thread! See knew we can spot a player on here!!!

15. apevrak

MOM in Norway’s 3-2 win against Iceland last night imo.

Lilac Wine, Crilly and PaulM1888 like this.
  16. CydonianWaffle

Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
  17. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

Can't believe that Bjorn Johnson who played for Hearts was 2nd top scorer in the Eriedivisie last season

18. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Surprises me how more Scottish based players don't go to the Dutch League, it's a pretty similar standard to our League and it's more open. Anthony Stokes could probably run amok in the Dutch League as he has a bit of skill and creativity about him, same with somone like Ryan Christie, players of decent skill could probably do well there and maybe even make their way up to one of the good teams.

Lilac Wine likes this.
  19. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Remember that Michael Higdon doing the same..

Think he was fairly successful...at 1 point anyway..

20. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Aye, players with decent technique you'd think would be more successful as well. Henderson, Christie, Stokes, Gauld, Johnny Russell even that Barrie McKay if he's struggling in England rather come back to Scotland if he could get a move to the Dutch League he could probably work his way up to one of the better teams on the verge of Europe.

McChiellini.. likes this.