1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ange Postecoglou

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Mr. Slippyfist, May 29, 2021.

Discuss Ange Postecoglou in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Maestro 08

Yeah they have a system, same as every team but for me the foundations of their success are built on being organised defensively, hard to beat and drilled at set pieces. I don't see how me talking them up is being bitter lol

And yes every player has a specific job and is capable of doing that job. Part of the problem from what I'm seeing is we are putting square pegs in round holes.

2. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Last season we couldney defend set pieces, nothing looks to have changed in that regard, what do the players actually do in training ffs ?

3. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Maybe its the same defence coach we have :56: last time we had a good defence big mjalby was coaching. Get him back.

4. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Severe lack of organisation, not Ange's fault, but needless tae say he badly needs a win on Thursday.

Maestro 08 likes this.
  5. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    This. Lennon's first stint had Mjällby on the set-up. That's the best defense I've seen us have.

honda likes this.
  6. john2061

The manager needs three signings in the next 10 days a goalkeeper, right back , striker .
    The board need to get a move on and back him as the season could ebb away quite quickly if they don't get players in .

7. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky

We also need a LB.

8. The Phoenix Black Lives Matter

Fav Celtic Song:
    Lawwell get to fuck
    I'm unsure what you mean, what was the relevant context?

9. Maestro 08

Yeah its already got the makings of a big week for him. No win on Thursday and the pressure piles on for the league game. The players need a win for their confidence and belief. Including the last few friendlies that's 6 games without a win for the squad.

The Prof likes this.
  10. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    :56:

11. john2061

The board won't spend money on a left back at present as you have boli ,Taylor and Monty going for that position unless one is sold .

12. Scubaroo

If it doesn't get rectified soon, it will be his fault. But I have faith that won't be the case.

The next 10 days are key to the season
    - we have to get a striker in that's ready to go immediately.
    - right back is a must.
    - I think we're missing a strong body in midfield, that can take control, we have no leader.
    - a CB, Bitton needs the ground to swallow him up, is Julian even going to get his body ready.
    - keeper, Hart's a better option that what we have but it's only short term.

4 spots filled is what I like but we NEED 3 immediately.

Each week i think this is the week * will get done, I can easily see Ange will only get one more and go with what we have. That'll be hard to swallow.

13. leeso-ardoyne

Realistically does anyone ever see the board getting ousted. Never in a million years will this board be shifted. I know they are part of this big * up but like I've said before, give me another decade like the last with trophies and have another royal catastrophe at the end and I'll take your arm off for it.

I hear ya but wait untill the window closes and if we're no better then we can start to panic. I still believe the Huns won't be so far in front as some on here think they will. Here's hoping anyway. As for it being over afte the first Huns game. Honda, com on now. Never in my years of being a Celtic supporter has a league been over so early. We aren't as bad as some make out. What does worry me thou is the dodgey decisions that will come our way.

14. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

People thought the same in the 90s when we were being ran into the ground by the Whytes and Kellys. Some in our support underestimate the power that we wield.

St Mirren fans now own the majority of their club, Motherwell did years before. It's entirely conceivable that Celtic fans could do the same if we mobilised together. We already own 19% before a ball is even kicked.

Also our dominance over the last decade didn't come about through some well thought-out plan for the club. It came about fortuitously after the huns rode themselves into financial oblivion and after a few years of underperforming, we then pushed the boat out for a manager with standards who dragged the whole club up.

None of that is happening again and instead of closing our eyes and crossing our fingers that our rival commits financial suicide again, why don't we instead do the novel concept of actually running a modern football club that puts success on the field, rather than juicy dividends, as the main priority.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2021
  15. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    We need a Left back as well.

16. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    Part in bold….. honestly are you serious? Don’t panic? Every * year we * about with transfers, this season has seen us knocked out the champions league and lost our first home game in 24 years.

I should have highlighted all of that second part, not as bad as what’s being made out? Really you seen our defence?

To say they are not that in front after them winning the league with 25 points was it and we have got worse would be * silly.

They are a settled side still doing what they have done since last season and that’s winning games.

I hate them * but they are still undefeated, we don’t have a team capable of beating them either.

We should have had other signings done by now but instead we have a terrible defence and no goal threat up front

17. ddub11

When news of Ange appointment came out a lot of people in the know were saying he plays attacking football.From what i have seen so far we are no more adventures than we were under lennon.

All i see is our keeper passing it to our defenders and they pass it around till they see an opening somewhere,its hardly attacking football,imo its as bad if not worse than under lennons leadership.

Early days i know but it dont look good at the moment,it was annoying as * watching the passing around at the back when we played hearts,agains teams like that we should be attacking at every giving minute.

RiquelmeCSC and AdamRS like this.
  18. rudebhoy67 Gold Member Gold Member

Nakamura slotted in seamlessly. He came from Italy though.

RiquelmeCSC and Taz like this.
  19. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    He might not last the full 90mins now however, I'd still start him as he wouldn't be scared to defend high balls

20. Taz Blind Justice Gold Member News Writer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    In fairness to him, Ange does have a track record of playing attacking football. No idea what is going on exactly at the moment and sometimes things take time. I know what you mean about the passing it around at the back instead of trying to make incisive passes and maybe, the more forward players have to put in more movement for that system that is trying to implement to work.

Given the state of things at the moment, so much uncertainty and lets be honest, this team has been seemingly on a paid vacation since the 2019/20 season was cut short (and even that season was salvaged by a Dubai trip to get back into it as we were trailing at new year, as much as it was about the Ipox orcs falling in a heap after the winter break, which opened the door for us).

So, whatever has to be done to try and wake these guys up after a 18 month coma, while those that want away are toiling, those staying are not exactly like for like (big step down from Tierney to Taylor, Ajer to Bitton or Murray, Forster to Barkas or Bain etc), and somehow has to put a rocket under their collective * to get back to where they need to be and start playing the style of football that his reputation has been built on.

Sydneysider and ddub11 like this.