1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ange Postecoglou

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Mr. Slippyfist, May 29, 2021.

Discuss Ange Postecoglou in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Cupace20210529233448.png

2. Mr. Slippyfist

Big Angie, with Tim Cahill as assistant.

Fergal Harkin DoF

:60:

martin_d likes this.
  3. James Gold Member Gold Member

I can already here Gerry McfuckinCulloch

"So Ange welcome to Celtic Park I'm sure there will be a few amongst the Celtic family who are maybe not familiar with your previous work so what will you be looking to implement here at Celtic?"

*Insert generic attacking high press patter*

:99::99::99:

The Phoenix likes this.
  4. RogicHasMagicToes

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    * up ya *, Steve Clarke & Callum Davidson are far better suggestions than this random Aussie * with no UEFA coaching license

* is your problem ya walloper?

thomohoq and thailandceltic like this.
  5. Brian Dunphy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Merry Plougboy
    If this guy is appointed the Celtic manager. Good luck to him. I hope he does well but I won't know because I am done with them. Until there is changes up top then we are *. This has Ronnie part 2 written all over it but Ronnie didn't have Sevco to worry about. Nothing against this guy but * the board. * every single one of them. They are breaking our hearts. We need to buy some pitchforks

david100825 and crazy-horse1977 like this.
  6. Mr. Slippyfist

Yet still as * idiotic :56::56::56:

I don't have a problem, I just find your constant drum banging for Clarke and Davidson abysmal .

And, watch your language, silly boy...

7. RogicHasMagicToes

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Nowhere near as idiotic

8. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    To be serious for a moment, he would be up there as a Delia or (potential) maresca appointment.

I've no doubt coming from Australia and Japan he probably naturally has a better understanding of modern approach to sport, is, be a professional athlete and not a bag of drunken *.

So instantly he would be better than the last manager in that respect.

I've said before, anyone with any modern football approach could have done better this season than what we got served.
    I won't pretend to forget that because I have zero clue who the * this guy is.

However, we are Celtic and we do thinks as cheap as possible and let the board have too much control on the football squad.
    So unless we are going to actually change from the way we operate, then this guys inevitable gonna fail in the medium to long term.

But if we did back him with an actual restructure as we all have talked to death the last season, then we really could hire any modern football manager and still do well.

It just won't ever happen that way though.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

OziBeerMan and LectersLuncheon like this.
  9. spitz

So tinpot.

The back tracking is going to be hilarious.

Will win the league back.

Ange69, merthyn, Twisty and 3 others like this.
  10. Brian Dunphy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Merry Plougboy
    Has any decent sized European club even interviewed this guy. It all just smells like *. The board can * off. I hate them

11. The Phoenix Black Lives Matter

Fav Celtic Song:
    Lawwell get to fuck
    This will go one of two ways. And both are horrible.

1.It will be absolutely terrible, I mean awful. Sacked by Christmas.

2. He'll do not as badly as people think but still bad, we'll keep it relatively close at the top for a while, finish within 10 points of the Huns and win one of the cups. Leading people to convince themselves it's all working out as there's "progress". Following season will be much the same and it will be obvious it hasn't worked out, but some will still want to "give him time". Third season will be a disaster. Sacked by Christmas.

david100825 and thailandceltic like this.
  12. Mr. Slippyfist

This is all coming from the hands of Mr Lawwell, who is and always will be controlling the puppet strings along with his mates at the CITY group.

Apparently, Mr Postecoglou has been recommended by incoming DoF, Fergal Harkin.

Staff member of the CITY group, recommending another staff member of the CITY group, both men currently employed at clubs who are ran/owned/operated by the CITY group :tongue1:

Peej likes this.
  13. Mr. Slippyfist

"Stut up".

martin_d likes this.
  14. RogicHasMagicToes

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    I prefer option 3, don't appoint him

SteveyNico67 and oh bhoy like this.
  15. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Aye, whatever way you paint this, it's still gonna reek of a job for the boys effort.

We had rumours a couple months ago about Celtic being roped in to that city world, at an unofficial level, I imagine this Ange lad was probably mentioned back then at the same time as maresca, but never leaked out to us.

But as you say, it's got lawwells hands all over it and as much as I'm trying to find the postive in something that is so * negative, I just can't.

Worst bit...you can already hear the line "Kennedy will remain on as assistant to form continuinity as he knows the club and can help Ange understand the club/job"

Job for the boys.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

thailandceltic likes this.
  16. The Phoenix Black Lives Matter

Fav Celtic Song:
    Lawwell get to fuck
    Neither do I.

Who would you want?

17. James Gold Member Gold Member

As I said in the other thread I don't think the guy is a bad manager I have no idea if he is good, bad or indifferent I had never heard of him til yesterday.

He is nowhere near qualified enough (Quite literally) to take on a job the size of Celtic. In the same way Davidson who has made history with St Johnstone won't be touted for the spurs job or the same way Rodgers winning a treble treble didn't result in him being touted for the Madrid job.

Peej likes this.
  18. Mr Cleansheets

City Group don't hire mugs (and I know a fair bit about Ange - he's a winner).

My only concern, as a Celtic fan, is whether the City Group are trying to unload him for some reason through the CFG/Lawwell network. He does have a reputation for being a bit prickly and appears to hate the press (despite having worked as a commentator himself).

Still, on balance, he's worth a try - very much the epitome of a "modern" manager. Will demand the freedom to arrange the club as he wants and will have a Wenger like approach to nutrition, fitness, etc. If he brings his offsiders with him (and I hope he does) at least one of them is the quintessential football man - very smart, makes training fun, and players love him. Ange, on the other hand, tends to be remote from the players and they tend to fear him and love him in equal measure. He's a master tactician and will hammer the team into shape to follow his plan.

Don't expect instant success though. Contracts and players being what they are - there could be a bit of pushback to his ideas - and it might take him a season to reshape the team and its philosophy.

Mr Shelby likes this.
  19. RogicHasMagicToes

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Being the most optimistic, Conte

The Phoenix likes this.
  20. The Phoenix Black Lives Matter

Fav Celtic Song:
    Lawwell get to fuck
    :celtman2: