1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ange Postecoglou

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Mr. Slippyfist, May 29, 2021.

Discuss Ange Postecoglou in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    So the Backroom Staff ..............?

Peej likes this.
  2. Garrymac1888 Gold Member Gold Member

Laughing Stock.

From the invincibles to the imbeciles.

If our Board were adventurous out there, brave then I would be intrigued.

They are not, they are materialistic, elitist, greedy men who do not give a * about the long term future of the club or it's fans and have zero ambition other than the balance sheets.
    Hence this bottom of the barrell cheap option......* the Board.

Xatraps, Bonobhoy, Cena and 3 others like this.
  3. Gabriel Beidh an lá linn Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Raphael Scheidt
    Pushing Kennedy and Strachan on him takes away any risk factor

With them two he will 100% fail.

Xatraps and Pearse67* like this.
  4. crazy-horse1977

Absolute laughing stock.

One of the lowest moments as a supporter. I expect cheap as heck players and little to celebrate for the foreseeable.

Massive massive downsizing incoming

Joke

Xatraps and Peej like this.
  5. jambo_cfc

Rumours AEK made an approach

6. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    Underwhelmed is an understatement now that it’s official.

I really wish him well I do, but I’ve got a horrendous feeling this is going to be bad season. I hope tae * I am wrong though.

Peej likes this.
  7. TonyTim Gold Member Gold Member

So Mackay has been talking to Ange about recruitment, getting the right players in. Same old same old then, no DOF, Hammond has left. Looks like Mackey really has taken Lawells role over, like for like, cheap players and projects coming in with a couple of loans all given to Ange even though he didn't want them. I don't think we have hit rock bottom yet

8. HoopswithPride

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul "The Maestro" McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail, Hail
    A couple of things that interest me.

DOM says- " I’ve been really impressed by his enthusiasm for Celtic, and his keenness to work with me to modernise and develop the footballing structures and the non-footballing structures to make sure we are the successful club that we need to be for the generation ahead."

Ange says- " I have already had great discussions with Peter,Dom and the board about their ideas and strategy for the future of the club. I know the Clubs NEW MODERN VISION aligns very much with mine and we now look to go out and deliver this"

First off, we were told months back in a statement defending a failing manager and a failure by those in the decision-making process that we were " a modern and progressive club within European Football". Which was clearly bullshit at the time and has been recognised. Or either Dom and Ange statements are more PR bullshit.

As a bare minimum, It would also be appropriate and decent of those in the positions and asking people to invest in season tickets and fans in general to provide more than just a soundbite.

I have a couple of questions.

What is the new modern vision for the club?

Detail the plans and processes for the new modern vision and the development of the footballing and non-footballing structures?

Timescale and investment for the development of footballing and non-footballing structures?

DennyCelt and Seán Mac D like this.
  9. Fontaine Gold Member Gold Member

Nope, hence the big fee from down the road. Think Brendan broke the trend on that one with Celtic.

10. Bayern Bru Gold Member Gold Member

Have a slightly bad feeling about this but I’ll get on the bus and support him.

nothing will damage his reign quicker than us piling on extra anxiety before he’s even made a mistake.

LectersLuncheon likes this.
  11. StevieBhoooy!

When did we last/ever have a ‘project’ that actually came to anything ?

12. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Rodgers started on a rolling deal.

Once he cemented an invincible domestic season he was then rightly offered the 4 year deal

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Artorias and Fontaine like this.
  13. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain

I’d have actually went for Michael O’Neill over Ange but hey ho. He is here and I will give him my full backing as it is imperative that the whole support back him. He has done nothing to deserve criticism. That should be fully directed at these * lackeys on the board. McKay has to put his balls on the table and show he is the man.

Garrymac1888 likes this.
  14. The big Viduka

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mark Viduka
    Not a rumour

15. SuperZidane

Brendan started on a 1 yr rolling contract but signed a 4 year deal at the end of his first season. Clearly the board wanted to ensure that, if he was to leave, they would get a big compensation payment. It worked - we got over 9m for Brendan and his backroom staff.

Fontaine and Liam Scales like this.
  16. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

A completely left field appointment, it seems he's either gonna be exactly what we need or a total disaster. Exciting either way and he has my backing, but shame on the board for the way they've conducted themselves since last summer.

Best of luck Ange, some job you've walked into.

Rydo1888* and Liam Scales like this.
  17. murphy88

I hope he can prove the majority of us wrong. I cannot stomach that mob winning the title again. Make no mistake about it though, this is a cheap option, and someone who will not make a fuss to the board about needing money for players. If Kennedy and Strachan remain in their roles, then it is clear as day why Howe didn't take the job in my opinion. Some are trying to sugar coat this appointment, just like I did when we appointed Deila, and some will continue to sugar coat the next appointment even if this one ends in disaster. The truth is though, this board are not sit for purpose. Postecoglou getting the job tells me that this rebuild is going to be done on the cheap, it will be loans and freebies for the most part now I think, and that isn't good enough.

I have held back with my season ticket to see what the final outcome was in terms of the new manager, as you just never know with Celtic, but as soon as this appointment was confirmed, so was my cancellation. Absolutely scunnered by it all. There comes a point when enough is enough, and if it isn't now for supporters, then it never will be. The board have treated us like scum. No communication unless it was to condemn us for protesting outside the ground, or condemn us because there was a show of solidarity with Palestine by some supporters. We are rotten right to the core just now.

18. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Aye I know.

It’s just stupid.

19. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

It's either going to be a genius appointment or an all-out disaster.

Let's hope it's the former. That's about all I can muster up right now.

Xatraps, The Phoenix and Garrymac1888 like this.
  20. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

He was on a 12 month rolling contract to start, changed to a 4 year contract during or at the end of his first season.

MacEwan likes this.