1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ange Postecoglou

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Mr. Slippyfist, May 29, 2021.

Discuss Ange Postecoglou in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. The big Viduka

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mark Viduka
    Lol

Wee Baldy likes this.
  2. Lupis Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Well it's done now. Just hoping he can make me eat my words by doing what I would like to see happen but don't think he is capable of. Really hoping he somehow makes a success of it.

Wee Baldy likes this.
  3. bkk bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hard to choose ... different players for different era's
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    He can't be worse than Lenny and if Lawwell is out of the picture then hope this guy can get us playing well and gets some decent players in.

Got so hacked off with Lenny and the way the board treated the fans I decided to stop posting and see who the manager would be. Didn't think it was gonna be a 4 month hiatus

Will be fully behind Ange and just hope he brings a) some fighting spirit to the team, Aussies don't tend to put up with slackers, and b) a proper defensive set up which is something we never look like having even when we were setting records.

Not bothered about Europe this year, we need to win the league and start playing attractive entertaining football.

4. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Mixture of both tbh.

I get its a pandemic but even still just an article release etc. Feels thrown together cos...it is. Can guarantee Howe would have been drummed up more.

Lack of fanfare is obvious.

LectersLuncheon, Artorias and Hammy89 like this.
  5. Moustache

I certainly had my reservations about his appointment, but he’s our manager now, so he has my full support.

I’m looking forward to him (hopefully) proving me wrong!

craigtheceltic and SuperZidane like this.
  6. jake10

Fav Celtic Player:
    whoever is our new record spend
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Go on home british soldiers
    So has he the qualifications to work in Europe or not?

Ange has successfully achieved UEFA recognition and endorsement in relation to his Pro-Licence issued by Football Australia. He begins working immediately and will be arriving in Glasgow as soon as current protocols allow.

7. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Sounds like his 25 years experience means eufa have gave him the go ahead to coach.

craigtheceltic and VT8 like this.
  8. straighttalker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Big Vic
    Gets my full support. Meltdown and hate for this guy on Twitter had been cringeworthy.
    He is a no nonsense coach and we've put up with nonsense performances over the last year so its a win...at least for now . Will give him a chance to show what he can do, fck sake it's Slippy and his journeymen we are up against. Let's see how they handle crowds when they are back.

9. Taz Blind Justice Gold Member News Writer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Let's just put some things in perspective here. He is the guy, so hope people get behind him and support him and the team and in all honesty he has come to the club with a better resume than most of the guys that have walked through the doors in the past 30-odd years.

There may be those who are skeptical as he was not the initial choice or that he was chosen by this board, but he is the man so lets get behind him and start getting things heading in the right direction finally, after being in limbo for the past 3-4 months (and in truth much longer than that).

Good luck, Ange! Welcome to Paradise! :ynwacelti

10. RockhardBoss

Brown envelope found the right pocket.

11. Fear Dearg

Fav Celtic Player:
    Pat Bonnar
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Over and Over
    Anyone that is happy about this is a * sap

A friend of Lowell's son that has scaled the heights of the Greek third division

* me

oh bhoy likes this.
  12. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Dominic McKay is delighted that Celtic have appointed an experienced manager who knows what it takes to win, and he believes that Ange Postecoglou’s vision for the future of the Club aligns with his own.

In an exclusive interview with Celtic TV, the Club's incoming Chief Executive, who officially takes over on July 1, explained why the Australian manager is the right fit for the Club, and explained that he has already started working with the new Celtic manager to pave the way for future success.

“I’m delighted that we’ve managed to secure Ange as the new manager of Celtic Football Club,” said Dominic McKay. “Ange is an outstanding leader and an outstanding manager.

“In all my discussions with him to date, I’ve been really impressed by his enthusiasm for Celtic, and his keenness to work with me to modernise and develop the footballing structures and the non-footballing structures to make sure we are the successful club that we need to be for the generation ahead.

“His experience at the international level, having taken Australia to World Cups is hugely impressive, as is his experience of winning both in Australia and Japan, so I’m excited about securing a winning manager and in securing someone who wants to drive forward the club in a way that I think everyone will be really proud about.

“We’ve spent a lot of time chatting through the playing side, the coaching side and the footballing operations side.

“It would be fair to say his phone’s been busy over the last number of weeks and I’m excited that we’re getting information across to him to make decisions and get feedback on all the various aspects you would expect us to be considering ahead of the new season.

“We’ve been talking about recruitment in particular and the plans for the season ahead, so we’re very active in that regard. There are some important fixtures coming up so we need to make sure the team is in the best shape it can be, and I’m sure Ange will share more information with the Celtic support as soon as he can.”

13. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    Right, he's here whether we like it or not. Like the majority of Celtic fans, we are just praying that he can turn this whole disaster around and prove us all wrong. For me the positives are:- he couldn't be any worse than Lennon & Kennedy, he will probably be more tactical aware than NL & Kennedy and he will hopefully have the players fitter than what they were last season under NL & Kennedy. So, strap yourselves in guys, as I reckon it's going to be a bumpy ride

Lupis and SuperZidane like this.
  14. Bobo_ Gold Member Gold Member

That Slippy patter is still class. All these years later. Still hits the spot. Absolutely superb.

Sevco Slippy * HH

15. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    “I’m delighted that we’ve managed to secure Ange as the new manager of Celtic Football Club,”

Who the * else wanted him ffs ! :56:

Welcome big man. :ynwacelti

StevieBhoooy! and Hammy89 like this.
  16. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

Aye looks like they've ratified that he has the the equivalent qualifications

17. Gioventu UTLR Gold Member

The Poste always delivers

18. Lupis Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    McKay started in the role weeks ago, he just doesn't officially take over in name until Lawwell leaves.

19. belbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie maley...the shebeen version
    * the board but i hope Ange will get the backing of everyone 100% its about getting results now no matter what we think of him,lets hope these * on the board back him and get us a few good quality signings:ynwacelti

20. SuperZidane

At least McKay has clearly been talking to Ange about getting ready for the season ahead and not Lawwell. Load of balls from Lawwell about tracking Ange for years so no change there.

By the time Ange is in Scotland and out of quarantine (if that's correct) - Lawwell will only have 1 week left - I don't think he'll have any real involvement from now on.