1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

We Must Discuss this Rogic Situation

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Rogicisgod, Jan 10, 2014.

Discuss We Must Discuss this Rogic Situation in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Rogicisgod

I'm really disappointed that Tom Rogic has been under utilised by the management at Celtic.

Further, his development and growth is being stunted. Worse, the manager is looking for attacking mids when he has a great one in the squad.

Worse still, the league is won, he has nothing to lose from playing him. EVEN WORSE, when he is played, it is out of position and with limited frequency and time; there is a lack of sophistication in the manager's tactical decisions and strategies.

And to top it all off, poor old Tommy was given a whole lot of guff about how he'd be developed and supported when he signed.

In short:

Lennon out.
    Rogic in.

PS Who signed Rogic? Was it Lennon or another of his staff? I get the impression that whilst Lemon had the final say Rogic was championed by another.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2014
  2. Green Socks

Free wee tam!

3. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Lennon out

Rogic in.

:rofl:

Truth be told, I'm getting a bit sick of fans of individual players coming on here and slagging our club and manager.

If yer player isn't getting a game it means he probably isn't * good enough. Deal with it.

4. Rogicisgod

My irony meter's red lining.

:52:

5. Rogicisgod

Maybe it's possible that our manager isn't any good?

FWIW, I'm not slagging the club, just trying to improve it.

It's called constructive criticism. Take off the rose coloured glasses.

This is not just happening to this player.

:87:

6. pokerbhoy74

Should probably be getting more of a chance but part of his problem, along with a lot of our youngsters unfortunately, is that he can't stay fit, has had lots of niggling injuries since he has been here.

7. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Aye, the manager isn't good, on course for three in a row, qualified for the CL twice and got to the last 16 once. Yeah, that's what it is.

How about you remove your nose from Rogic' * before your head disappears up there.

8. seán 1888

Couldn't agree more with this.

9. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Reckon he is on his way back to Australia for a loan deal to get to the World Cup. If he impresses on loan and at the WC then boom, give him a lot more game time.

10. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Agree with this, let the lad go on loan and win his WC place then we can assess his situation in the summer.

Shame it hasn't worked out for him but he's not the first player and wont be the last.

Pity for him that the position he wants to play is occupied by one of our best players.

11. Rogicisgod

Let's not pretend it's an achievement to win this league with the resources he has available and qualify for the CL.

Maybe this is why the Scottish will always be a second rate footballing country, just a complete lack of imagination and a passionate co-dependence on the mediocre.

12. Mr. Slippyfist

[​IMG]

13. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Aye, you'll fit in well here.

14. murphy88

I see you didn't comment about Lennon taking us tho the last 16 of Europe's elite competition. Was that not a fantastic achievement either no?

15. Rogicisgod

Agree with this too. Commons is a class act, which is why it all comes down to squad/player management.

But * no, please not let him be loaned out to League 2 or some other dire kick and chase British squad/league. He needs to go to someone who knows how to play football.

Bund. 2 or Juliper League please.

16. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

I smell a troll...

17. Rogicisgod

Achieved through some very negative football. Results have to viewed in proper context.

18. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Yep, I was right.

19. Daver

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo. A phenomenon
    Personally have not been impressed when Rogic has come on...even fleeting glimpses and he has looked like a player who needs to develop. But does that mean guaranteed game time for a Club like Celtic? I wouldn't think so.

A loan move would be best for him at present - Hence Lennon (out, OUT WITH YOU) suggesting exactly that.

20. Partickbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    COYBIG/LET THE PEOPLE SING
    There are alot of fans who back Lennons judgement and selection because of how he has taken the club forward in Europe and secured domestic stability as well as bringing on talent like Wanyama, Hooper and lately big VVD.

Asking for his head because Rogic isn't getting games is just bonkers.....as for the statement hes not very good....how would you measure success?

Titles?
    Pumping the huns before they got planted?
    Adventures into the CL ....beating Barca?

Sounds like hes done alright to me.