1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Virtual Season Tickets.

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Luis1967, Jun 3, 2020.

Discuss Virtual Season Tickets. in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

Team behind Bt sports coverage of scottish football with Sutton etc. That sounds decent. Has to be a top quality service right enough...

jimbobers likes this.
  2. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Seen that. Step ahead of the game there..

Class..

3. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

4. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

You can buy match day tickets surely you can but packages or one off games if a non-ST..

The extra revenue will be essential.

5. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    See my posts above mate I reckon match day revenue across the board is worth north of £400,000 per home game!

JC Anton likes this.
  6. bkk bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hard to choose ... different players for different era's
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Celtic FC really do seem to be over complicating things.

It should be a simple matter to stream games / have virtual fans and all you need is an access code. The code is one time use and assigned to a device - that stops it being shared.

Sell these codes to anybody who wants to buy them. Season ticket holders can be sent a code free or enter their security code / book number. That way everybody can view the games

I am no computer geek but even i know this is a very easy problem to solve and also lets the club make even more money.

Getting a professional team of commentators and pundits is 100% the way to go. Celtic TV is pretty amateurish in the commentary stakes and if they want decent money then they should provide decent quality. The guys are passionate but there is room for improvement.

7. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Not the message the club is trying to portray just now though whilst on the hunt for everyone’s season book money.

If they are going in ‘general sale’ that won’t be released until weeks down the line. For now it remains ‘exclusive’ to season ticket holders.

Gyp Rosetti and JC Anton like this.
  8. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Aye that's a fair point

PaulM1888 likes this.
  9. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

CELTIC Football Club is delighted to announce that it will be engaging with highly-rated production company Sunset+Vine as we look ahead to matches being broadcast as part of the Club’s season ticket.

Producers of BT Sport’s Europa League and SPFL coverage for a number of years, Sunset and Vine have an established track record of high quality, first-class sports coverage.

Led by broadcasting experts who have worked on The FIFA World Cup, UEFA European Championships and the Olympics, we are confident that this partnership will provide excellent results and prove extremely popular with our supporters.

For matches delivered virtually as part of the season ticket, a host of high quality contributors across punditry, commentary, analysis and production will be engaged to enhance and work with our existing team – and we have some well-known faces lined up!

Celtic’s priority is to do everything we can to get our fans back to Paradise as soon as possible. However, for the matches affected, Celtic wants to provide high quality access to its supporters through its virtual services offering in the season ticket, our online pass to Paradise.

We miss our fans and we know our fans are missing Celtic Park. However, we are doing all we can to keep you as close to the action as possible.

It will be one of the most exciting seasons ever ahead and we want you to join us as we go for 10!

A spokesperson for Celtic said: “Clearly, current circumstances are totally outwith our control, and while getting our supporters back to Celtic Park is our absolute priority, until this is the case, through our season ticket, we aim to give our fans the best access we can to SPFL matches at Celtic Park.

“We will be making a significant investment in this project, partnering with one of the best production companies around and will deliver an experience, with top expertise and contributors, which will put our fans at the heart of the action from Celtic Park.

“We are joining forces with an organisation renowned for delivering high quality coverage and we look forward to making this available our season ticket holders.”

Grant Philips, Executive Producer of Sunset +Vine added: "We are delighted to partner with Celtic Football Club and look forward to bringing our unrivalled production expertise to the live matchday programming."

tarboltontim likes this.
  10. bkk bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    If games are to be played behind closed doors is there any possibility that Talk Celtic or a fans group could look at providing a Zoom Chat group where someone provides analysis / comments LIVE as the game is going on?

I know they can't share the match stream but there is surely an opportunity to create some sort of group participation /commentary during the game. Just a thought, maybe one of the vloggers or youtube channels might want to look into.

Also, anyone know if these games will be available in full later in the week on Youtube or similar?

lazyregula and NomDePlum like this.
  11. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

I know nothings been said yet about general sale tickets but is it likely they be limited to stadium capacity i.e only 60,000 viewers allowed per streamed match?

We would be hugely advantaged if we could sell to more than what we would on match day but if the tickets are cheaper then surely the more fans watching Scottish football live the better?

12. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

There are a load of factors they'll need to take into account with this if they rolled it out to non-STHs:
    • How would it impact ST uptake next season?
    • How would they price it given it's around £30 a ticket on season book?
    • Could they source a stable server that can cope with 100s of thousands watching online at the same time?
    • If they find a balance of the above, invest in an infrastructure and it's working is this now the status quo? How would that impact future season ticket sales?
    Hopefully they can find something that caters to everyone, as the more watching the better but they'll need to tread carefully too.

Gyp Rosetti likes this.
  13. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

Yeah it's going to be interesting to see how they set up. I guess since they've charged normal ST prices and given the streams for free they will have to charge the going rate for access to them on general sale basis?

Not sure £30 for a stream is exactly good value compared with the match day experience.

Another potential problem is transitioning back to live games if it becomes safe to do so midway through the season.

14. trackebhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    ANDY THOM
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Not sure how they work this.

ST holders are getting it with their ST but not sure that they would be getting their money's worth. It also looks as if this will be only for ST holders per the agreement with SKY. I do think this is wrong, with Celtic getting the BT mob in to do the streaming they should charge all fans £10 per game to stream it.

15. Maestro 08

By not opening this up to every fan is it not actively encouraging mass gatherings. Would be daft to keep it exclusively to season book holders. Give them it free and others can pay for it. Win, win for the club.

By free I mean reduce the cost of their season books accordingly for projected games missed. So it works out they are effectively paying, say a tenner per game (instead of the current £30) and the slack is taken up by non season book holders paying a tenner per game to stream or £30p/m. Something like that anyway.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2020
  16. bkk bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Just watching German game behind closed doors. ( Leverkusen v Bayern Munich ) They have banners over the stands and some crowd sounds which makes it not a bad watch. Much better than i expected

On the game itself .. Leverkusen look very bad at the back 1-3 down at home. Think there have only been about 4 home wins amongst all teams since they started back - No Crowds definitely having a massive say in the results

17. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Aye, not many will pay £30 a pop for a match.

General feeling seems to be £15-20 a month would be what people are willing to pay.

Problem with that is, if fans are paying £600-700 and get exactly the same product as those paying £15-20 per month, it'll cause Barneys.

I don't know what the answer is honestly. Hopefully they do something to not make it as closed shop as next season is going to be huge for us.

Gyp Rosetti, JML67 and JC Anton like this.
  18. jake10

Fav Celtic Player:
    whoever is our new record spend
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Go on home british soldiers
    aye I’m watching the Dortmund v h Berlin game, they’re trying with crowd noises, does give better background than an echoing stadium, oh and Boyata looks good in the Berlin defence as that Dortmund attack looks quick

19. Ak1

I know everybodies circumstances are different, but....
    Living on the south coast in England, I try and visit Glasgow to watch Celtic at least once every season.

I don't really like subscribing to Sky, or previously BT, but did so specifically to watch Celtic domestic and European games.

I'd happily subscribe to Celtic TV for a 'live' season ticket, as it's a pain in the * trying to find and watch streams of games I physically can't get too.

20. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    No that’s what the huns were trying to say that we were giving away title sponsor to sky for five years which btw Ladbroke was paying 2.5 million a season so 5 x 2.5 so what 12.5 mill worth of sponsorship for a 5.5 million debt .... didn’t make sense plus that fact huns said it was ten million liability

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk