1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Virtual Season Tickets.

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Luis1967, Jun 3, 2020.

Discuss Virtual Season Tickets. in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

:56:

2. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

3. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    If sky and the spfl are sensible you will sell these virtual season tickets to anyone who wants them tbh!

4. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

CELTIC Football Club welcomes the work undertaken by the SPFL and SKY in ensuring a framework for the return of Scottish Premiership matches.

Following an announcement today, new proposals allow clubs to sell a virtual season ticket, where home SPFL league matches which cannot be attended due to social distancing rules, will be available to view on a bespoke club platforms.

Celtic is delighted to announce that this will be available as part of its season ticket offering, meaning Celtic season ticket holders will have exclusive access to every home SPFL league match as we go for 10 in a row.

This online access will be available to season ticket holders while social distancing measures prevent fans from attending matches.

Celtic will be announcing its detailed plans in the next few days in relation to the coming season. Celtic season ticket holders who have already renewed for the season will have access to the virtual season ticket as part of their season ticket.

The only way to guarantee access to every kick of the ball from Celtic Park will be through the Celtic season ticket.

Celtic Chief Executive, Peter Lawwell, said: “The current crisis has had huge implications for the club and our supporters. Once again, I would like to thank our fans for their patience, understanding and support during these unprecedented times.

“I have already said, our priority has been to look at ways in which can resume football and ultimately get our supporters back safely to Celtic Park as soon as possible.

“Until we can welcome our fans back, we want our fans to stay as close to the Club and be part of everything we do. It is imperative we cater for the needs of our supporters. These proposals are great news.

“The access will be available while social distancing measures prevent fans from attending matches and will mean that our season ticket holders, exclusively, will be part of every SPFL home game.

“I would like to thank Neil Doncaster, the SPFL Board and SKY for the work they have done in bringing this arrangement together.

“We have already been liaising closely with football’s joint response group and Scottish Government in striving to ensure that our fans, the lifeblood of the game, can return to matches as quickly as we can. We will continue this work.

“Everyone at Celtic was delighted to deliver 9 in a Row for our fans. It was a season where we produced brilliant, attacking, winning football. Now we focus on the next chapter.

“Clearly we have another exciting season ahead and the chance to make even more history, and we want our fans with us every step of the way. We will need you now, more than ever. Thank you for your continued support”

tarboltontim likes this.
  5. Jeremie Frimpong

They could sell virtual tickets to non-season-ticket holders on a game by game basis, as they would normal tickets.

Most people will be reluctant to pay a commensurate fee to stream a single game though.

Blochairnbhoy and seanm like this.
  6. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    I wonder will Celtic TV operate the same as it has in recent seasons as that is how I watch Celtic here.

seanm likes this.
  7. James Gold Member Gold Member

Could there maybe not be licensing issues with selling to everyone though ? In the same way home games are only available to people outside the UK normally ?

Gyp Rosetti and seanm like this.
  8. James Gold Member Gold Member

Also for us and the huns our away games are always on sky regardless but would it mean supporters of smaller clubs would be shafted for away games ?

seanm likes this.
  9. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Didn't want to see any games anyway :54:

Ewang83, Cena and seanm like this.
  10. Garrymac1888 Gold Member Gold Member

I'd donate my virtual left nut just to see a game in any form.

King of Kings likes this.
  11. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

It would be very strange if they weren’t included for ST holder and then sold to everyone else.

It’s not like there’s a capacity in our virtual stadium.

Gyp Rosetti likes this.
  12. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

Today, I learned the word commensurate :50:

Jeremie Frimpong likes this.
  13. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

Think they're only accepting money for the season tickets mate :84:

Marty McFly and Garrymac1888 like this.
  14. CountyDownFaithful

As a STH, this is welcome news but there is nowhere near enough information on how this will work.

Am I expected to pay £600 to watch half the games online?

Even after January, there is no guarantee that stadiums will fully re-open.

jake10 likes this.
  15. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    My guess is that this was just the initial release but clubs will release more info next week.

16. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

The club has just acknowledged the info at this point, full details should be released this week according to JP.

Reading between the lines there will be plenty issues to iron out before the fans get to know the score. Aberdeen’s statement was interesting with a subtle hint there may be ‘virtual away tickets’.

17. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Then people will simply not renew as it will probably be a lot cheaper, they still need to keep demand for season tickets even if we can’t attend games. Why do you think they spent so much money on the new security system for Celtic TV.

Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  18. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Sky are only involved in their 48 game package mate, but they had to give the ok to the clubs to stream the home games not covered by Sky as they are the rights holder in the UK & Ireland.

19. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    That’s the part they had to get Sky’s agreement on.

Blochairnbhoy and James like this.
  20. jake10

Fav Celtic Player:
    whoever is our new record spend
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Go on home british soldiers
    Really need more information, as it stands I’ll be paying over £50 to watch each game as I’ve 2 ST’s, No information about what sky gets, I’ve NEVER contributed a penny to * murdoch since he shafted the union’s at wapping and I don’t want to start now