1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Virtual Season Tickets.

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Luis1967, Jun 3, 2020.

Discuss Virtual Season Tickets. in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Aye I agree.

Next season is massive so ideally the more Celtic fans that get watching the better. In normal circumstances if we were able to attend, a virtual season ticket at £10 a pop for people who can't make it to games makes perfect sense and keeps everyone happy.

But how they work it when season books are £600 for 19 league games and they'll potentially be getting the same service I don't know.

The uptake at £30 a game would be extremely low I imagine and if they do it any less it'll cause a riot.

Maybe the best outcome is to hold off and then once the crowd is back at Parkhead, to sell on to others at a reduced price (say £10 a game)

2. jake10

Fav Celtic Player:
    whoever is our new record spend
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Go on home british soldiers
    don’t see how they could stop you watching the Virtual ST from a pub, club doesn’t know the actual location of laptop streaming surely

3. Foley1888

Possibly they won’t do it but at the same time they have a waiting list of 17,000 people willing to buy a season ticket if they could, so there is demand there to spend money for access.

Granted on the illegal streams but they seem to be able to police that well on Celtic TV and will already be having to do so for 53,000 or so accounts. On pubs that may well be the case that they don’t allow this.

Also there is the issue of lost revenue from match days and possibly the bigger issue of refunds from last year to take into account which will have hit the club reserves hard.

4. trackebhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    ANDY THOM
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    I didn't say they could stop pubs using them but they would be using them without the clubs permission, So it's a chance they take.

jake10 likes this.
  5. Maestro 08

To a point but you could also say a season book + live streamed games has to cost more than NO season book + live streamed games.

6. trackebhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    ANDY THOM
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Why would that be? Both would be getting the same thing, live home games until fans are allowed back into the stadium.

7. Foley1888

In addition you are probably looking at most if not all of the season being restricted to smaller crowds even up to the capacity of just season book holders at 53,000. Therefore the games when Say 30,000 can get in you could start to probably charge a more reasonable PPV price per game as those who don’t have a season ticket but would attend games will still not be able to where as those with a season book will be getting in. This would offer an opportunity to give others access as the only reason we don’t do it just now if to encourage people to attend games and buy tickets but that isn’t likely to be an option for the foreseeable future.

8. Maestro 08

Are they scrapping the live feeds when full capacity is back or is this a season long thing regardless of that?

9. The_Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Don’t get how they’ll get fans back at all. Until full capacity is allowed how do you decide who gets to attend over other ST holders if the capacity is 5k, 10k, etc.

10. Scott smyth

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mikael lustig
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The celtic song, the best ever
    I thought that with the season ticket that only holders would get the streams for home matches. Yet I have seen in the Zombie forums that they are offering a pay per game for non season tickets. Now that may be * but if that's the case I would like to see how it's priced and what Celtic say. Because right now 630 quid to watch games on the TV is a poor return and for people with more books in the one house it's murder . Now we have no idea when we will get in, no idea of the channel or website for the streaming. Considering that Sky sports is 18 quid a month and you will get every away game for us and the Zombies for that then the pricing will be very interesting and may be a source of problems. I should have said that it's only available to non season ticket holders if the games not covered by sky. Which is going to be 15 games as only 4 games at home can be broadcast

11. Scott smyth

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mikael lustig
    Fav Celtic Song:
    They might do a ballet on that or if it's a 1 metre zone, and this will sound mad, odd number seats for one game then even numbers next. I'm pretty sure that they can exclude books on the seating system to ensure only valid cards get in. Anyone else have a suggestion !!

12. Drakhan Nac Mac Feegle Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy McGrory
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Easier way to have done this is charge full price and give codes to STH.
    Once matches are played , any codes used, those get a discounted refund. If no codes used then full discount for each match.
    If there are multiple codes at an address ALL codes need to be used to stop supporters getting to to see matches for nothing.
    This only counts until matches allow fans back in.

13. Scott smyth

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mikael lustig
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Not bad. But if say there's 4 people in a house all with books in essence the club are charging say 30 quid per person so 120 quid yet someone with only one book can have a houseful of people watching the game for 30. It's hard but I thought in a home where they have more than 1 ticket then they get a refund or rebate of some sort. But we can't ask people to pay 30 quid to watch a game on the TV when you can have a whole month of football for 18 quid on Sky. And it now seems that as long as the home game isn't televised by sky then they will allow them to sell games to non season ticket holders. So can you see them selling many games at 30 quid to watch on the TV. Not a chance. They will need to do something because after a majority of fans not taking refunds from last season they will want some sort of bonus

The_Bhoy likes this.
  14. Drakhan Nac Mac Feegle Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy McGrory
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    To incentivise fans from not doing that, let fans know that the more proper codes used in the house the higher priority they have for Scottish Cup away tickets and if they DON'T take a refund as well as having more people in house using codes the higher priority they are when it comes to matches against the huns or European matches.
    Also, if they are high priority but due to numbers they lose out in Scottish Cup away tickets then they move up list for Hun ticket or European match.
    Maybe it could be set up so that the fans can get to choose in order of priority which matches they would prefer but imagine having to pick between a Scottish Cup final or a Hun match or a European away match

The_Bhoy likes this.
  15. The_Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    I would imagine that’s exactly how they’ll go about it bud. But even that is pretty unfair. If ‘John’ and ‘rob’ have both paid the same “loyal” amount for the ST, then a ballot or decision based on odd/even numbers to attend is very unfair. As all games within the league can be of unequal value. And even simpler, both have paid the exact amount. I’d imagine if it’s a 1-2m distance too, how do they do the odd/even number with families w/multiple tickets in one household. Does Johns son miss out but his daughter can go?
    We all want to get back to games, but I think until we can get all fans back in I don’t see how this is achievable without ripping other fans off

trackebhoy likes this.
  16. McGrory1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Callum McGregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    I get what you’re saying, but that would then be completely unfair on a season ticket holder who lives alone or in a house with no other season ticket holders. Why should they be punished and have less chance of attending games?

The whole thing is going to be a riot.

The_Bhoy likes this.
  17. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

A tutu draw to watch a 2-2 draw, if you will.

18. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Just think some patience is required with the Club its a totally unique situation.

19. jamiebhoy67

Anyone know usually how long after the season ticket deadline passed do they update the waiting list on sales etc?

20. richie87 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jonny Doyle
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    For me virtual ST is a good thing as I live at the bottom of England and getting home to games is near impossible and too costly, we have a family ST that I contribute to and I have a Celtic tv account but don’t get pictures till next day as I’m in uk so hopefully the will expand that and those in uk will now get pictures live instead of just commentary.

I wouldn’t mind paying full price if I could see Celtic every week I have no qualms with that