1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Vinicius Souza

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by GavCFC1, Jun 10, 2022.

Discuss Vinicius Souza in the Transfer Rumours area at TalkCeltic.net.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Tbf we might get an option included.

Might just be about £10m or so.

2. AdamRS Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can’t get enough Depeche mode
    Only worry about option to buy is it could be dependent on champions league football next season for us to pay a high fee. Least if we pay just now there’s no going back :fear:

3. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    We are winning the CL anyway so nae worries mate. Automatically back in.

NakamuraTastic and AdamRS like this.
  4. Foley1888

See if it is only one loan signing we make then I am not as against it as I normally would be as Souza looks exactly what we need in the middle of the park for Europe and our harder games. A physical presence who is defensively excellent with good distribution.

I think someone in that mould could make a * of a difference to the number of goals we lose in Europe by protecting our back line. Not to mention what he brings by being able to take the ball off the keeper and CBs and if McGregor is playing as one of the 8’s he can drop in and do that too making it a lot harder for teams to just crowd out our deep lying midfielder.

5. celtic warrior

* sack Ange and riot against the board.

This guy should have been signed already, shocking laziness from celtic again.

NakamuraTastic and Blochairnbhoy like this.
  6. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    100% the type of player we have been crying out for in the holding role.

I’m not fussed regarding the loan to buy initially with him, it would be nice to have but if we can arrange a loan for a season or two it would be great.

Loan to buy would be fantastic.

* it, get the check book out and Bring. Him. Home.

DonnyCelt likes this.
  7. Wllm Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
  8. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Guys playing for a Belgian team with links to the city group not actually city he was signed for £2m in 2020 I would say £4m to £5m gets this done Belgian team ain’t loaning us a player got the money get it done!

9. King Kwon Gold Member Gold Member

He was on loan from a second division Belgian team to a first division Belgian team so there's already some fuckery going on there.

NakamuraTastic and Blochairnbhoy like this.
  10. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

The City Group own Lommel. There's absolutely no chance he'd cost £4/5 million.

Already been reported in Belgium that he's not for sale anyway. They're loaning him out again for a season then they'll end up getting £15-20 million for him no doubt. Or he'll end up at City.

NakamuraTastic likes this.
  11. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    If that’s the case they might see him as the long term fernandinho replacement

12. Foley1888

I think you would be talking double that to get him minimum. £8-10m. I am not even convinced City Group are looking to sell him just now.

They probably think if he steps up another level this season, whether that’s with us in Europe or at another team in a top 5 league, if he goes well then they will be talking about more again.

Souza in an age of scouting by stats looks like a positive outlier in defensive actions and in a better team his passing range and driving counter runs will likely stand out more.

I am normally against loans but this guy looks class and exactly what we need so even if it was a loan, as long as our other signings are permanents I would take it.

13. RabS Aw fuck it Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Looks ideal. Loan to buy would be perfect too. Then sign Belmonte on a perm this summer.

DM Souza Belmonte Ideguchi
    CM O'Riley Turnbull
    CM Calmac Hatate

We should be looking at Ugalde from Lommel as well. Cracking wee player who reminds me of Aguero, was hoping we went for him before he joined City Group. Didn't make much of an impression on loan at Twente this season but would be the perfect understudy for Kyogo.

14. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Celtic are keen to get a deal for Vinicius Souza done.

The defensive midfielder is on the Hoops' radar this summer

We told recently how they were looking at the Brazilian who plies his trade with Lommel in Belgium.

Souza, 22, spent this season on loan at KV Mechelen and scouts at Parkhead have kept a close eye on the player.

And after Tom Rogic and Nir Bitton's exits were confirmed at the end of last season, a deal for Souza would be one of Ange Postecoglou's priorities.

The manager wants to strengthen his midfield and sees Souza as an ideal fit for his philosophy.

Football Scotland understands Souza is on Celtic's shortlist and they'd like to bring him in.

It will then depend on how much Lommel will be looking for considering his contract there runs until 2025.

According to popular website Transfermarkt, Souza is valued at around £4million and with Cameron Carter-Vickers costing in the £6million range and Jota's expected deal worth around £6.5million, the price tag could potentially be a point of negotiatio

NakamuraTastic likes this.
  15. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    I'd be absolutely astonished if he ever ends up playing regularly for Man City.

They'll just go out and buy the world's best sitting midfielder for £80m. He could just be the next Douglas Luiz type.

I think a deal could be brokered here. We have existing ties with them, probably a real strong chance of this happening tbh.

16. AdamRS Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can’t get enough Depeche mode
    I’ll be * buzzing if it happens

17. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    There's no reason we couldn't agree some sort of LTB deal with them. We have excellent ties with the city group, we should be using them. LTB for around £7-8 million could work.

If we're straight up loaning him, it should be a 2 year loan minimum. That gives us plenty of time to properly scout a long-term CDM.

NakamuraTastic and Mr Shelby like this.
  18. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Or buy him after the 2 years when he has 1 year left.

:ange2:

HTG likes this.
  19. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Reported Celtic target Vinicius Souza has been given heaps of praise by former Belgian international Steven Defour.

The ex-Burnley ace both played with the midfielder and coached him since moving to his role as assistant boss at K.V. Mechelen.

He told: Belgian outlet HLN: “Vini can make a great career. He can perfectly join a Belgian or Dutch top club.

“But perhaps the middle or sub-top of the Premier League is the ideal step. There he will be challenged. He needs that to keep making progress.

“This season, we already saw that sometimes it was too easy for him, and then there was nonchalance in his game. Where his ceiling is, is difficult to estimate. But he has the qualities to make it at the top of Europe.

“Vini is head and shoulders above the rest this season. He breaks down an incredible number of attacks. In addition, many of our attacks start through his foot.”

20. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

Sounds perfect

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.