1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Victor Wanyama

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Jayzhinho67, Oct 25, 2012.

Discuss Victor Wanyama in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Mr. Slippyfist

If anyone thought he chose 67 to actually appreciate the 67' squad, then they're wrong imo.

Obviously chose the number to get the support in his corner when he signed - although, I can't see much wrong with it.

Will probably be asking for £67,000 a week for a contract extension :rolleyes:

2. Artur Boruc #1

He clearly wants to play for the club at present, he's still got years left on his contract, he's a cracking player, and we're in the midst of a very exciting time for this football club.

In short, there is absolutely no issue over this.

3. RocknRolla67

Fav Celtic Player:
    All of Em
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    I love Wanyama..but if we sell him for 15 million plus after buying him for a million then I will not be disappointed at all. I will wish him luck at his next club.

4. Scotzbhoy

Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Lenny doesn't seem to think he rejected the offer:

Lennon expressed disappointment that Rob Moore had gone public to say that the contract offer fell short of his expectations.
    "Unfortunately, for some reason, Victor's agent and representative has come out and made public that they have turned down a contract," said the Celtic boss.
    "I am not sure Victor has turned it down. He has not spoken to me.
    "A month ago, he went on record saying how happy he was at the club and I have no reason to disbelieve that.
    "I was actually with his representative in Barcelona on Tuesday and had a brief chat and there was no discussion of him having turned down a new contract.
    "So this has come out of the blue and I am disappointed that this has come out in public.
    "We don't want to do our negotiations in public."
    Lennon said it was up to chief executive Peter Lawwell whether to re-open negotiations.
    "We may go back to him again, but we have offered him a significant pay rise," the manager added.
    "We don't have to do that, but we feel it is reward for his performances.
    "It is credit to the club and the board and I agree with that philosophy of rewarding players for performances."

Victor really needs to tell his agent to GTF, it's not the first time he's come out with some bullshit to try and unsettle him. Agents these days are ruining football.

5. Mr. Slippyfist

As previously discussed though, no one here knows that Wanyama isn't nothing to do with this - even Lennon himself has said he hasn't spoken to Vic yet in that article.

It could very well be a case of:

A) Agent/reps coming the * and trying to stir the * for more cash without Wanyama's knowledge/consent
    B) Wanyama sitting back happy that his agent is trying to "manouvre" a move away from the club
    C) Trying to use scare tactics for an astronimcal wage rise.

6. mfisher

If we sign a player at 19 or 20 then i would be disappointed if they didnt think they could go on to play at a higher level. I know most of us dont like hearing it but most players should be aiming to play at a better level than us. If we can keep players for a few seasons and sell them on at profit then thats the way ahead. An african footballer asking for the "67" jersey is never going to fool anyone and i would be very suprised if anyone took it serious at all.

7. Deano-JVOH

A lot of them are only out for their own benefit rather than the footballers, so it doesn't come as a surprise that the agent is trying to get a better deal out of this. If Neil says Victor is happy, then that's fine. But I wouldn't be surprised if the lure of more money from various English teams is enough to turn Victors head. I hope I'm wrong, but the majority of footballers in todays game are all the same.

8. butch

I hope we can get this sorted in such a way that the next player we get in
    there is no more of this *, our agreement with players should be we have the right to sell them on, to any club we feel fit to do so, this way it us, not the player that can stall hang the pea on a contract, and should the player want to sign for Liverpool
    we are within our rights to sell him to say Everton if they offer us more money rather than the player making the choice, although if they play ball with our club then there wish could be met amicably with the extra signing on clause put in.
    if we don't do this, then stepping stones become a sore * for us, that are trying to build a team, and holding on to players in the future. I WISH HIM ALL the best we sell him in January. but let it be a lesson from now on we control who we get in, if it was not a problem for Templeton to sign for rangers, well that is the way we must find players that under stand what we are about. and contracts give are full proof to the way we run the show

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 26, 2012
  9. Scotia Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    you wear the hoops thats good enough
    Fav Celtic Song:
    over and over
    hope he stays a while yet but if he goes as long as we get well compensated.

10. liammcdowell

Where the climate is raw and the gun makes the law
    Fav Celtic Player:
    KT63
    This is a total non story, we're doing well so the media need to get their digs in somewhere. He's got 3 years left on his deal and we're negotiating - offers are refused if they feel they can get better. He is going nowhere unless a ridiculous bid comes in.

11. SpiritOfFreedom

If he stays he stays, if he leaves he leaves. Ill settle with 15 million and gladly show him the door.

12. donnegal celt

I would cash in on him in jan if we knocked out europe. ledley and kayal and dylan well able play central midfield for rest off season, we got ambrose who looks better midfielder than victor is. We move mulgrew back too defend with k.wilson. I hate way his agent has leaked this papers. Like same Kayal last year.

13. Clondara Dave

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Coronation cup song
    He's contracted to 2015, his agent has been bumping his gums for ages and producing hit air. Vic will be going nowhere for a while yet. The more he plays, the more his stock will rise, he know's it and Celtic know it.

14. AwesomeCaz

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    I told you his agent was a *.
    Vic has been nothing but respectful in his time here and when he leaves he will live with my respect and a good luck and thanks for the memories.

Not all agents are *, most of them just quietly go about their business trying to get more money for themselves and player, but this Rob Moore * is a slimy *.
    Typical unscrupulous * getting his hands on a bright young African prospect and trying to milk him for all he can. Lenny is bang on for slating him, if you want more money then fair does but do it in Lawwell's office not in the * tabloids.

Scumbag agents like him really * me off.

15. donnegal celt

Or his stock could fall too if he unhappy and not interested. I say he looking for release clause in his contract, Hasn't Kayal got release clause off 8 million in his contract last year. Victor hold cards here. That way i said sell in jan when he on top form and doing well in champion league.

16. smithy18

Think you should do a bit of research mate rob Moore is highly respected amongst his clients and this is the first I've heard of him coming out and saying something to the media. They clearly know that wanyama has the opportunity to move south and make millions and are using what is common knowledge to his advantage either way it's a win win situation for his client Celtic either come back with improved terms or he moves. IMO he is representing his client well he isn't here to represent Celtic and tell his player to accept any offer put in front of him when he has better offers from other teams

17. scootz

There are some right hysterical drama queen responses on this thread. :icon_mrgreen:

So what if he rejected a new contract? He's still contracted to us till 2015... and on his present wages too! We're still in a position of relative power in relation to his 'worth', so if he decides to leave in the next couple of seasons, then we'll listen to the offers!

Personally, I think he's done really well, but I'd be careful about chucking money at him! We've seen plenty of one-season-wonders come and go over the years and others who get have got injured and never recovered.

He's showing promise... he's nowhere near a finished article!

18. AwesomeCaz

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    I've seen his name loads of times he's always in the press, clearly one of them * who juts wants to make a name (and * loads of cash) for himself!

As I said if he really wants to represent Wanyama why can't he just do it in private like a respectful person would?

Lenny's got him sussed, can't stand when people run to the papers instead of settling things like men. It's not as if the club have been bad to Vic they're just staying within their wagebudget they set.

19. smithy18

Really considering he only has 4 players playing in Britain with the biggest being pienaar I doubt you see his name in the press all the time. I say he isn't doing it in private because he think he can force Celtics hand into offering wanyama more money when they see the level of interest in him and if that doesn't happen then he knows he is likely to be sold and go to a top team. Personally I would rather they negotiated in private but it's quite clear he is trying to protect wanyama by raising interest in him if he doesn't get an extension

20. Mr. Slippyfist

Didn't Pienaar have a slightly similar scenario when he was wanting away from Everton before he left for Tottenham?