1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Victor Wanyama

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Jayzhinho67, Oct 25, 2012.

Discuss Victor Wanyama in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. sdickson

if he wants to go see you and get top dollar for him and move on to someone else

2. murphy88

As i said on another thread, he need to tell his agent to get to *. He is filling his head full of nonsense IMO. He made a statement saying that Wanyama has already lost out on more earnings by not moving in the summer. Its his agent that is looking for his pay day i reckon. If he does want to go then i would sell him, no point in having a player that doesn't want to be here, but i still don't get that impression fro Wanyama.

3. CheGuevara

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Unfortunately it's the way of the world these days. Our policy of buying young talent from around the world will mean that clubs in richer leagues will be able to swoop for them if they make a good impression. Like it, or not, we are effectively a selling club, but the policy is a good one, because we will be heavily compensated for our losses. Big Vic will be the first of many to move on from us to the lure of England. We will have to console ourselves with the £10M we will make on his sale, and hope that we can re-invest the majority into the team again.

4. ConnollyBhoy

£10m minimum, or he stays.

I dont get the impression Wanyama himself is unhappy more down to his * agent!

5. Harry Caray

6. honda Gold Member Gold Member

7. Rude Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kris Commons
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Over and Over
  8. celtic warrior

Honestly the things Lenny and our scouts (providing we keep them too) could do with that type of money is scary, there are players every where waiting to be picked and I have every confidence we can find someone just as good as Wanyama

9. khunter1981

Fav Celtic Player:
    Charlie Mulgrew
    People need to chill the * out and remember this is a business. His agent may be a * and he may have insulted the team but he's trying to get the best deal for his client (which lines his pockets as well obviously). Personally, I think it's a * way to do business, but this statement shouldn't be equated with Vic saying "you'll have to pay me $100k a week to play here". You don't know what's been offered and you don't know what's been rejected. All we do know is an offer has been made that's an improvement on his current salary (which likely wasn't much to begin with based on his pedigree) and that it's been turned down. His agent is trying to play hardball and go to the media to improve the next offer. This anger shouldn't be directed at Vic as he's done nothing but say the right thing and play well in the hoops. Like I said before, outside of this statement, they aren't in a great bargaining position as he's part of the deepest area of the squad and he's under contract for another 2.5 years. This is bluster to try and overcome his * hand, that is all!

10. Mannix

25million seems reasonable for Wanyama when you consider that the likes of Liverpool paid 35 million for Carroll and a reported 20 million for Stewart Downing.

11. Mr. Slippyfist

That's why I said IF :50:

I tend to think that unless a player comes out and publicly denies what the agent said, then imo he must be thinking somewhat along the same route.

12. Mr. Slippyfist

13. FCBarca

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Definitely...And Hooper & Wanyama are likely to top that list in the near term....When does Victor's contract run out?....Edit: 2.5 years still?...Well, definitely advantage Celtic then

25 million is probably less ambitious than I initially imagined but in the 15-20 million range it's a good buy for a lot of Premiership clubs

I seem to read him linked to United quite a bit

14. khunter1981

Fav Celtic Player:
    Charlie Mulgrew
    Can't very well come out and contradict the guy that's bargaining for his wage though, can he? I mean, he's a 21 year old kid basically, he's got to put his trust in someone for his business affairs and once he's done that he has to stick with the guy unless he make an egregious error. I know I sound like an apologist but it's a position none of us has been in so it's hard to judge what the guy's particular feelings are.

15. bogsidebhoy67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hooper, Izzy, Kayal
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    If it is true that he rejected a new contract then he can go do one. If a player doesnt want to play for us then i would happily show him the door, but next time Wanyama dont fill our heads with the whole "67" bullshit!

16. Mr. Slippyfist

It's true that agents are a big part of a footballer's career - but just remember this........the agent works for the footballer :50:

I'm not judging Wanyama here, but I am not solely judging the agent as I have no idea (like the majority) of how Wanyama is on the situation - but one can only presume.........

17. mfisher

Players hide behind agents and get them to do the dirty work for them. Thats why they have them and pay them a percentage of what they earn. Will guarantee Wanyama will be out in the next few days rattling off the same old pish about wanting to stay and this and that but truth is the first chance he gets to go earn big money he will be off. Nothing to get upset about, its just football these days. An agent doing what an agent does best and a footballer wanting to earn as much as he can. Thats how 99% of the football world works.

18. mfisher

So you actually bought into the "67" stuff ?? Really ??

19. Mr. Slippyfist

Agreed.

WHEN Wanyama leaves the club - as long as we receive a substancial transfer fee for him, I'll be happy, and goes the right way about it - I'll wish him farewell and concentrate on supported the team.

If he goes about leaving in an un-acceptable manner, then * him.

20. bogsidebhoy67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hooper, Izzy, Kayal
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Naw i didnt buy into it.

What i meant was, if you want to go to a better league so well and so good, but when you join a club dont as for a number of legendary status at that club if your only using it as a stepping stone.