1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Victor Wanyama

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Jayzhinho67, Oct 25, 2012.

Discuss Victor Wanyama in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. jmcdaniel

Fav Celtic Player:
    Former: Henrik Larsson; Current: McGeady or Samaras
    Why would we push Efe into midfield. We have plenty of midfielders and Efe is playing brilliantly at the back. Just slot in Kayal. Or better yet, don't let big Victor leave.

2. holy pope

Fav Celtic Player:
    All time Larsson, Currently KI
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields of Athenry
    No real shock never expected him to sign a new contract . He will be off in the summer . We should be getting a bid in on Kara mbodj Genk have agreed a fee with his club for €1.5m.

3. Sween

The guy is absolute class and realistically he is not going to hang around for too long in the SPL. He is already good enough to game a game for a top 5-6 EPL club who would offer him double whatever he is offered at Celtic. And his agent wouldnt be doing his job if he wasnt demanding more money for him.

But we already have him on a contract for the next 3 years and if he goes will should make at least £10m - so good luck to the guy. This is clearly our business model and the more guys that we can sell for that kind of money the more it is clearly working. As long as we get a fair price and most of it goes back into the team it can only be a positive for everyone involved

4. RabS Aw fuck it Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Get him and Rogne tied up before Jan and I'll be happy. Will be seriously * if we let Rogne walk away for nothing in the summer.

5. 10/4 Kemosabe Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson/ Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    Ive said for wages that a wage cap will cost us players. The club should work to a wage budget for the squad. Wanyama will feel that he is a top player at the club and, rightly, will want paid for it.

6. sdickson

we are limited to wot we can pay and our pay is very good but we cant compete with epl

7. Joemcl

Fav Celtic Player:
    Adam Matthews
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie maley
    This is the frustrating thing about playing in the SPL...we can really only offer so much to players or risk putting the club too far into the red.
    If Victor decides to chuck it, I say good luck to him,he's served us well but I desperately want to see this squad stick together for a while yet.
    I'm with you 10/4 Kemosabe,a wage budget rather than a wage cap...I believe that's what Celtic operate when it makes sense to do so,though when you give it to one others will no doubt look for more..I suppose that's where good management skills come in

8. moravcik1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    hmmm...why does he not want to sign an improved contract? he can still * off whenever he wants if a good offer comes in for him.

I get the feeling this is a case of a young player being led astray by his agent who is probably looking to make a nice little earner out of Wanyama.

Or is Wanyama getting a little bit too big for his boots? He's a quality player but if he leaves now and goes to play for say Chelsea, Man City, or whoever, he might find he himself wishing had stayed at Celtic for 1 or 2 more seasons.

9. mfisher

Get the big bucks in for him quick before he is found out for what he really is. So overrated by our fans and by himself and agent by the looks of it. Sell to the highest bidder asap !

10. Mr. Slippyfist

I have to disagree agree with you on this one Kemo.

I've every faith that Lawwell and Co. have set an adequate "top" wage bill - and if Wanyama feels he "deserves" to be paid outwith this maximum cap, then I'm afraid I'm of the feeling that he can GTF.

11. Mr. Slippyfist

Over-idolised - possibly.

Over-rated? You'd do well to find a lot of people who agree with that.

12. mfisher

Not looking for people to agree, just my opinion of him. Clumsy in the tackle,stupid yellow cards, always caught wrong side of the ball and gives the ball away continuously. If anyone is daft enough to give us big money for him then we have to grab it asap before they realise he is just a carbon copy of Evander Sno.

13. AwesomeCaz

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    :52::52::52::52::52::52::52::52::52::52::52::52:

14. Shane1888

He is contracted until 2015 and people are panicking because he hasn't accepted an extension yet? Relax guys. He will still be here next season. Quote me on it.

15. Mr. Slippyfist

Wow.

16. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

mfisher is living up to his name.

I hope.

17. Mr. Slippyfist

Celtic midfielder Victor Wanyama has rejected an improved contract from the club, the player’s agent has told STV.

Wanyama has seen his stock rise rapidly in his time in Scotland and has reportedly been interesting several top flight English clubs.

The Kenyan midfielder, who arrived from Belgian side Beerschot AC in the summer of 2011, is under contract until 2015.

Following impressive performances, Celtic have taken the proactive step of offering an improved deal to the player.

STV understands Wanyama was offered a more lucrative package, which would also have added an additional year onto his contract.

Wanyama’s agent Rob Moore, who watched his client in action against Barcelona in the Champions League on Tuesday, said that the offer from Celtic had been rejected.

''Victor has informed Celtic the contract offer fell short of his expectations," Moore told STV.

"There were a number of aspects that fell short - he turned it down."

Celtic boss Neil Lennon said last week that he hoped to hold more talks with Moore and Wanyama this week but the agent says no further discussions have taken place.

"There hasn't been another offer," Moore added. "The ball is in Celtic's court.''

Celtic rejected an offer believed to be in excess of £8m from QPR in the summer for Wanyama. The player’s agent says the midfielder is enjoying his football in Scotland, but is aware he could earn more elsewhere.

''He is very happy with the job he is doing at the moment. He is a great professional and his commitment cannot be questioned.

"But it doesn't take a rocket scientist to work out that he lost great earning potential in the summer [by not moving to England]."

Cheeky * * :38:

If that's the kind of attitude being shared by Mr. Wanyama - get him to *.

18. moravcik1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    "But it doesn't take a rocket scientist to work out that he lost great earning potential in the summer [by not moving to England]."

Wanyama is still only a young man (21), this * of an agent will be filling his head full of all sorts of ideas about him becoming a superstar down in the Premiership.

He is a quality player, but he wont be the first player to get a massive reality check after leaving a great club like Celtic. The grass isnt always greener on the other side, he might find out he isnt quite the world beater he thinks he is if he goes to the Premiership.

19. jpr21

Fav Celtic Player:
    mcgregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie maley
    if he isnt going to sign we can move him on in the summer , when he will still have two years left on his celtic deal that runs until 2015.....should fetch over ten million comfortably , if we progess in CL i would say nearer 15 mill. This is the nature of the beast bhoys , its what Porto , Benfica , Ajax etc have grown accustomed too . we are a selling club , but that means the base standard of player we will have will steadily improve as we reinvest into the team. Our scouting team are good enough to find another one , and another one . you dont find kayal , ambrose , wanyama and izzaguirre for next to nothing without being a special scout. we are blessed in that department .

I think Ambrose will eventually move into midfield where i feel he will really excel .

I love Big Vic but no player is bigger than the club if he wants out good luck to him hes a class act and deserves all he gets in football .

20. Mr. Slippyfist

Absolutely.

I think he's an excellent player for us, but this CELTIC - Not Team Wanyama!

If he doesn't want to be here, then by all means pass him on for a tidy sum, and let's have players who wish to be a part of the Celtic family.