1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Vakoun Issouf Bayo

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Henrik 07, Jan 8, 2019.

Discuss Vakoun Issouf Bayo in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    100%

Hammy89, JamesM09 and Whoflungdung like this.
  2. rkid

Fav Celtic Player:
    Neil Lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    Always thought he’s a similar kind of player to Morelos :fear: just needs to play a bit more , could see he’s morn playing with confidence

callumrae1967 and JamesM09 like this.
  3. Metrobhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo, Naka and Koki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    If he wasn't so injury prone there would have been no need to sign another striker.

Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  4. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Am never one for that ITk brigade but if Billy Sharp would have came he would have went on loan. Apparently we where close to a deal but family wouldn’t move.

that was one of lennys “old heads” he wanted

JamesM09 likes this.
  5. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Billy Sharp would have scored goals here for sure despite it not being a very exciting signing. But a part of me would rather stick with what we have and see Bayo getting minutes with Klimala, while Eddy and Griff lead the line.

6. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Just heard 2 or 3 people talk about it mate in work and one of the guys niece works with the team in some capacity

7. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Harsh, he didn't win all his winners medals by taking praise for the work of other individuals.

He's just making sure others are the same.

Doogs. likes this.
  8. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

9. Graeme1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ajer
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Did he look any good when he came on? Can he be relied upon to be a good enough backup option?

10. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Tried hard, got himself into good positions, decent touch, unlucky with a header, would have liked to see him on earlier, as soon as that 3rd went in, as they were down to 10 men then.
    I like him and have hope for him, like so many fringe players just needs game time.

Graeme1888 likes this.
  11. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Looks very clumsy, trying to hard just relax when he comes on. Klimala needs game time also but with packed defences he will struggle!

12. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Got himself into good positions but he should have burst the net both with the header from the cross and from a wee bit of interplay down the right side with Frimpong (I think) ended up scuffing the shot.

13. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Would much rather see Klimala get game time. Bayo just looks clumsy whenever he comes on. Does get into some decent positions but then usually makes an * of it when the ball comes to him.

14. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    I still like the look of him, always looks sharp, strong, makes runs and is desperate to get involved. Every time he enters the park he gets chances to score as well.

Makes an impact every time he plays but is probably too desperate to score cause he never gets much time on the pitch. I'd have him ahead of Klimala for now, he's not played much but hasn't really showed the desire and energy and forced himself into games like Bayo does every time hes on the park.

15. CountyDownFaithful

He's definitely 3rd choice for me. He offers something different. Gets himself into good positions and I think his finishing will improve with more game time. My only gripe with Lennon at the moment is his reluctance to make substitutions earlier.

Klimala has clearly been brought in with no guarantee of game time for first 6 months - he will have been told to use these months to acclimatise himself to his new environment, team mates, training methods etc. Will be the same understanding with Soro. It's frustrating as we all want to see what they can do but it makes sense to give them enough time to settle, without putting them in the limelight, as they are just young men who are new to the country.

Dublin Celt and ArturBorucCSC like this.
  16. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Same, I was saying yesterday as soon as we got the 3rd we should sub Edouard and Griffiths and put the 2 new strikers on and see what they do. But then only Bayo came on about 15 minutes later by that time as well everybody had switched off and we were just passing the ball about running down the clock.

17. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

Big, strong and fast but lacks composure on the ball, really needs a loan I think to get a run of games and get his confidence up.

18. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    I don't think he's too bad on the ball tbh, solid touch and strikes a ball pretty well.

Griffiths pre January also lacked composure, its what happens when you only hav 10, 15, 7, 12, 11 minutes every time you get on and are desperate to make an impact but all your team mates have mostly all flung the towel in by then and are just trying to see out the game.

Mickmac likes this.
  19. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Totally agree

20. CountyDownFaithful

It really is puzzling. The 15 minutes extra that Edouard stayed on increased his chances of picking up an injury - taking risks for the sake of nothing.