1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Vakoun Issouf Bayo

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Henrik 07, Jan 8, 2019.

Discuss Vakoun Issouf Bayo in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Yep..

This 1 up isolated pish at Murrayfield isn't working..

Should've been on as soon as Broadfoot was off and given us 20 minute's..

I'm convinced he'll come good by the way..

JML67 likes this.
  2. northeast67

Hate 1 up top, would not enjoy it at all if i were a forward playing for us
    2 all day every day, mon Brendan you know it makes sense

3. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

No idea why he wasn't brought on about 60-70' mate.

McChiellini.. likes this.
  4. Maximillian

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA,Willie Maley
    you either need to go 3 CB's and no fullbacks or play a back 4 but taking out 1 of the 3 CM's to play with 2 fowards. might get away with it some games though give us more in attack.

5. Kieran1967

Tough times for Bayo, the rat didn't exactly give him a chance and i don't see Lennon taking the chance with an unknown quality over the next few games

6. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

That’s where John Kennedy and other staff come in.

DoTheBroony and Blochairnbhoy like this.
  7. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Not made bench, I can see him going on loan next year.

8. Keano88

Plenty time.

9. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Ideal for tonight imo if you need to punt it!

10. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    My gut is that he is gona be another Bangura/Amido Balde. Hope he comes good tho.

11. themouth1888

Said to my mates I've a bad feeling about him.

He couldn't pass the ball 10 yards during warm ups a few weeks back and his touch was horrendous when he come on vs Killie.

Don't think we will see much of him this season. He's 100% a project signing

12. Mince.Charming

At least in pre season when we realise he's pish, we can just add it to the list of reasons to hate Rodgers and Congerton.

13. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Let's at least wait til he's played a couple of games before calling him a dud :56:

You can't sign a finished article striker for £2 million these days. We're always going to have to compromise on something. The guy scored plenty goals this season, has decent physique and looks to provide an aerial threat that we badly lack. Gee the boay a chance.

StPauli1916 likes this.
  14. Rendog

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM song
    His touch looks brutal. He needs to work on that, and I suspect probably go out on loan. His heading and finishing look good so the potential is there.

15. Maestro 08

If he was showing up well in training he would be alot closer to the first team than he currently is. Must be struggling, will give him time but not exactly an inspiring start.

Artorias likes this.
  16. Mince.Charming

You're right tbh mate. I just have a bad feeling about it, always have. even down to the similarities in the way lubo was saying we should sign him like Larsson did with Bangura.
    I do hope he does well but and will fully support him in his 5 minute sub appearances this season.

Artorias likes this.
  17. Maestro 08

I would be a bit worried as to why he's not getting one tbh. I could be wrong but from recent memory I can't think of many strikers that have done well with us that have needed months to get a start, our successful ones usually come in a play a part straight away.

Mostly when they struggle to break in to the team it's a sign they are not showing up well in training and eventually end up loaned out and binned. Willing to give more time but not an inspiring start.

Mince.Charming and Artorias like this.
  18. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

He's came in at a turbulent and critical period in our season. Personally I felt Rodgers could've played him more before he left but a whole lot of * that snake done seems illogical so it's pointless trying to decipher it. I think the likelihood is that he and Shved were signed by Lawwell as we knew Rodgers was working his ticket but that's just my guess.

Lennon's not even been in a week and we had 2 crucial games. It wouldn't be fair to fling him in the deep end like that, especially when we have other options who have been doing the business for us. You've also got to bear in mind that Lennon is effectively auditioning for the gig full-time, the results will dictate whether he gets it or not. For that end he's going to be risk-averse and play the strongest XI possible.

If/when we seal the league then we might see Bayo get a run out. With our run of games though, we're likely going to go with the tried and trusted...and with a Treble Treble on the line it's the right strategy; however frustrating that may be for Bayo.

LectersLuncheon likes this.
  19. Maestro 08

I know what your saying but if he was tearing it up in training he would be near the team. Good quality will always shine through on the football pitch regardless & a coach will want to utilise that even if the guy is young or come from the * end of nowhere, the fact he's struggling to get 2mins here or there or even make the squad speak volumes. He came in off the back of a load of goals so confidence shouldn't be an issue for him.

I would also add that when a converted winger with the touch of an elephant who couldn't get a game for a * WBA side and an 18 year old loanee are seen as better alternatives than him then it's a bit of a worry.

20. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Since returning from the winter break we've played 11 domestic games, won them all, scoring 30 goals and conceding 2 (including 1 from the snakiest bit of bad sportsmanship ever). It's very much a case of 'if it's not broken, don't fix it'.

If Lennon chucked Bayo in instead of Edouard and we don't get the last minute winner on Wednesday then we give oxygen to a hun title challenge. If we play him instead of Burke, we may not have scored our first in a brilliant counter attack.

I think that's a glib way of speaking about Weah and Burke to be honest, given the part both have played in our tremendous run of form. I don't care what Burke has done in a WBA shirt when he's doing the business for us. Likewise Weah's age is irrelevant when he's played a pivotal part in us winning games.

The fact you're resorting to those snippets of info about them rather than their performances tells you everything you need to know. They're doing the business for us and long may it continue.

Bayo is on a 4 year deal and will eventually get his chance.