1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

UFC TONIGHT

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Renegade T, Jun 7, 2008.

Discuss UFC TONIGHT in the Other Sports area at TalkCeltic.net.

Tags:
  1. Renegade T

Fav Celtic Player:
    Diego Samaradona
    All thats wrong with society

fukn brutal

like watching a pub brawl with pretend rules

what next ? * situation like 'THE RUNNING MAN ' ????

get this tae *

im all for carnage but no this pretence , lets be honest ,lets make it till death do they part

2. hoopymo

Fav Celtic Player:
    paul mcstay,Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    you'll never walk alone
    hate this * like 2 animals in a cage

3. Renegade T

Fav Celtic Player:
    Diego Samaradona
    Its so brutal its laughable , * love to say its all MMA

Its a fukn tear up and generally people get knocked the * out

might aswell hang about any city centre

4. zmcfc

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenrye, Celtic Symphony, LTPS
    I download "UFC - Ultimate Knock-outs" from somewhere a wild back, it was brutal, an hour full of hardcore knock-outs, and there were two sequels lol...

I watched it last night and that was the first time I noticed what you're talking about Renegade, it's basically just two guys taking each other a square-go....

5. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

I love it personally its licensed and the fighters earn fortunes. It's nothing worse than boxing in fact it has been proven to be less dangerous.

6. GlasgowTim

Fav Celtic Song:
    Bold Fenian Men
    any1 see the sobral fight when he had the guy in a choke hold, the guy tapped and he didn't release him? sick * could have killed the guy.

7. Mr Nice

Fav Celtic Song:
    Always look on the brightside of life
    UFC is the dugs baws.

Watched it live on Saturday night, some good action in there. Bisping is looking the real deal now. I thought though that the referees are getting a wee bit too involved these days. A while ago it was almost anything goes but now the health and safety must be right in about them.

For all you haters, why do you like fighting (boxing) but you hate to see a full on fight where every part of your body is a tool. That is what it is all about. * the poncing around with yer big padded gloves on and getting the fight stopped for a wee cut. Get the knees and elbows in about it or choke the * out! Thats the real *, almost primal....

8. Renegade T

Fav Celtic Player:
    Diego Samaradona
    question cause i dont know ,Why dont they fight bare knuckles ?

ok you can get ones where they are using martial arts techniques , those are mostly the smaller guys , the heavyweight fights iv seen are over real quick , boom , guys caught , other guy goes to reign more punches and the ref steps in , game over within 10 seconds to a minute

i watched that ufc on saturday ( i started this thread after one particular fight ,fukn blood everywhere and it went on and on ) and i watched a few hours of some 'cage rage' thing on cable so i have actually been watching it more lately

Theres a lack of skill with some and alot of cuddling on the deck with other fights , it can be just as boring as boxing can be aswell

9. 19-lisbon-67

Fav Celtic Player:
    brooney & crosas
    Fav Celtic Song:
    LTPS, willie maley, inter milan
    agreed :icon_mrgreen: it's quality

10. Mr Nice

Fav Celtic Song:
    They don't fight bare knuckle I suppose because of the heath and safety interest. Dunno how that stands though when you can knee the guy full on in the face but can't punch him? :87:

Anyway I love UFC because its the real deal. You may be a good boxer or whatever but does that make you the best fighter on the planet? NO! MMA brings a mix of all the fighting sports together and for me is much more enjoyable to watch.

The so called 'cuddling' is not cuddling. These guys need to defend every single possible attack from the opponent, then try to think of an attack of their own. There are so many ways to lose a fight so you need to be always thinking. The cuddling in boxing is a joke more than the ground game of MMA, there is really only one threat in boxing and thats from a punch so no need to cuddle in.

[​IMG]

11. Renegade T

Fav Celtic Player:
    Diego Samaradona
    aye im just messing , iv watched a few recently where the fight's been mostly on the deck , then when the guy on top gets up the other guy just stays there , any attempt at getting up he'll be caught eh

i was oot the game when i posted this , i suppose iv no arguement on it cause im watching it !

im not clued up about who's who though , seems to be loads of fighters

12. Mr Nice

Fav Celtic Song:
    Yeah loads of fighters mate, its getting massive now. I'm just getting in about watching it again after a couple of months out thanks to Setanta getting the events. Its a well better night in than watching the boxing imo, keep at it and I'm sure you'll become an expert on the fighters. :50:

13. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Best fighter on the planet...

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1iit53fkQM[/YOUTUBE]

14. BarryBhoy

I agree. I have to switch over while they spinelessly plug every product attached to them at every conceivable moment though. That being said advertisement is one of the the only ways in which an (at the moment) alternative sport like MMA can gain funds. Until that is, it becomes mainstream, which in time it will.

EDIT: I am referring to Monk's post.

15. BlastieBob

Fav Celtic Player:
    john hartson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    fields of athenry
    i love it. gutted tho iam away on holiday during the rampage vs griffin fight :54:

16. GlasgowTim

Fav Celtic Song:
    Bold Fenian Men
    i reckon rampage will beat the * out of griffin

17. BlastieBob

Fav Celtic Player:
    john hartson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    fields of athenry
    i reckon rampage will win but should be a good fight, griffin's fights are normally good to watch

18. Flashback

Fav Celtic Player:
    Artur Boruc
    the one i saw on bravo last night the guy was malled takin shot after shot to the ribs and lost his title then he carried the guy who jus beat him to a pulp on his shoulders to say congratulations :rolleyes:

the guy had 2 shiners and cuts on his face wis a bit brutal...

there was one guy a while back that had a massive gash on his head it looked like a * on his head man bit sick at times like but its watchable