1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

UEFA Europa League Qualification 2020/21

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by MickeyyMack, Aug 27, 2020.

Discuss UEFA Europa League Qualification 2020/21 in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Can’t see it being anytime soon given the current climate, though the upper tiers have been closed for safety purposes.

MickeyyMack likes this.
  2. MickeyyMack CELTIC GLASGOW OK Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Aye I think you could be correct I’ read articles a while ago and I’m sure they wanted the new one built for 2022. If we hadn’t found ourselves in this situation at present we may have been one of the last teams to have won at the san siro in Europe.

Gyp Rosetti likes this.
  3. leeso-ardoyne

Very confident we'll get out of that group.

4. Liam Fraser

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the Old Brigade
    I look at that group and see it as a copy paste of last years. Let's try and prove ourselves again because I think all 3 teams are good test to see what level in Europe we're at so I don't mind it. Also think because we won't be seen as favourites, maybe outwith the Prague games, it will ease the pressure off the team for the Milan and Lille games.

5. Drakhan Nac Mac Feegle Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy McGrory
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    As long as Edouard is still here and Ajeti is back fit then i think we will go through at least as Group runners up.

Andybhoy93 likes this.
  6. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Chance of away days and 2 weeks off upon returns peaks my interest more than usual :56:

7. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

A full strength Milan will be tough to beat. But they’ve not got much depth in their squad, I can’t see them playing their full team against us.

8. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Saving this so I can call you a jynxy * when we line up missing half our team against the full strength Milan :56:

MacEwan likes this.
  9. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Some really good games to look forward to, but i worry about our defence, especially up against a higher calibre of opposition.

10. Drakhan Nac Mac Feegle Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy McGrory
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    At least we arent up against Barcelona, Juventus or Dinamo Kiev who are the opposition we may have been playing instead of being the teams Ferencvaros ate playing.

11. Slam321

Dear all.
    I'm French Lille fan. Really happy to challenge your historical European team. Just little bit disappointed to not play in your stadium without your fans. The group will ba hard, but open for all teams. I read some reply here, which compare Rennes and Lille. But I think we're better that the Rennes you have played last year. We finished 4th last year, but all journalists said without the season stopped by covid, Lille would have been in front of Rennes and play UCL. We have a young team, a little bit inexperienced but for a first time this year, we'll play seriously European cup with a good bench. I don't know so well your team but I like a lot Odsonne Édouard.

Cumbernauld Bhoy67 likes this.
  12. MickeyyMack CELTIC GLASGOW OK Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
  13. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Celtic have announced their squad list for this season's Europa League group stages - with AC Milan loan defender Diego Laxalt included in the 24-man confirmation.

The Hoops signed Laxalt on a season-long loan deal and were quick to add his name to their list for games against his parent club, Sparta Prague and Lille. Fellow new signings David Turnbull and Albian Ajeti are both included as is Leigh Griffiths.

Youngsters Luca Connell and Karamoko Dembele have missed out on the first-team squad but could be added to the B-team list alongside the likes of Stephen Welsh.

Barkas, Bain, Hazard, Jullien, Taylor, Duffy, Ajer, Frimpong, Elhamed, Laxalt, Bitton, Brown, Soro, Rogic, Ntcham, McGregor, Forrest, Griffiths, Ajeti, Klimala, Turbull, Christie, Edouard, Elyounoussi.

tarboltontim likes this.
  14. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Celtic's Europa League clash with Lille has been cast into doubt after France announced a strict curfew in the city.

The nation has declared a coronavirus state of emergency amid a sharp rise in cases, and new measures have been brought in to try and flatten the curve.

For at least four weeks Ile-de-France and eight metropolitan areas - including Grenoble, Lille, Lyon, Aix-Marseille, Saint Etienne and Toulouse will be subject to a curfew from 9pm to 6am.

The state of emergency will begin at midnight on Friday, with president Emmanuel Macron stating that the restrictions are likely to last at least six weeks, pending approval from parliament.

That leaves Celtic in limbo ahead of their tie with Lille on October 29, which kicks-off at 7pm local time.

While there is so far no indication that the game will not go ahead, the measures will raise questions over the safety of playing the match.

Speaking on French television Macron said: "What I hope, and what I expect from each of us, is that, as we did at the time of lockdown, everyone is aware of the risks and what's at stake.

The French were exemplary, and we respected it much better than in other countries."

Neil Lennon's side face Milan in their first game on October 22, with both sides dealing with Covid cases.

The Italians have seen coach Daniele Bonera test positive just days after Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Rafael Leao were allowed to return to training.

Celtic, meanwhile, are without Hatem Elhamed and Nir Bitton for Saturday's Rangers game, with Ryan Christie isolating despite not testing positive.

Odsonne Edouard tested positive for the virus while on international duty with France's Under-21 side and will return to Glasgow on Friday after isolating.

15. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

Jablonec a week tomorrow then. Anyone know anything about them? Considering how we got on against the Czechs last year I’m slightly worried. When is the deadline for signing players for this round? Starfelt and Kyogo will surely be named in it. Hopefully a new keeper to.

seanm likes this.
  16. MickeyyMack CELTIC GLASGOW OK Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Assuming we manage to get past Jablonec these are the teams we could face. Euro conference here we come

C4366C03-6684-42BD-AEB4-5BC6E36BCA1F.jpeg

17. Bonobhoy

Same as last few seasons..we end up scraping into this and all is forgiven and * will lap it up...Then we get pumped,rage the * out and await the CL qualifiers a year from now...In which we wait in bringing * all in again and exiting as usual...

Rinse and Repeat.

Fans have had enough man.

18. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Won tonight and we where straight into group stage

Crilly likes this.
  19. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    No Europe for me hopefully, these * need to learn.once and for all.

After getting humped last year by a Czech reserve team never watched another game.in Europe after that, won't be taking in any of this years games.

20. leeso-ardoyne

No we haven't! Check how many season books where sold to know there's wiser eating grass than us! I agree it's rinse and repeat and there's sweat * all that's going to be done about it! It's * but it is what it is