1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Matchday] UCL 2nd Rnd Qual, Celtic v Rosenborg, Wed July 25th, KO 19:45

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by JC Anton, Jul 18, 2018.

Discuss UCL 2nd Rnd Qual, Celtic v Rosenborg, Wed July 25th, KO 19:45 in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    T
    Wednesday again mate

2. Gerry1972 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, Calmac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Yep, and coupled with that, they are well into their season and we looked the much sharper team.

3. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    Griff is back training but Moussa out until the next round.

4. bhoy_wonder Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    JCGE
    Great knowing we've Boyata and Lustig back next week. Suppose hatchet man Jozo as well.....but Jesus Christ he gives me the fear.

5. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

hes only a kid himself he will learn or he will get punted, at any proffesional level football if your running out from the back you cant allow yourself to get trapped, i do wonder if we really expected to play him as often as we have though

6. Paradise88

Aye? Zenith? Anderlecht at home, Astana.. plenty examples to be cautious.

7. Cumbernauld Bhoy67

Astana fair enough. Anderlecht at home is irrelevant as your original post was about away stats and Zenit are a class above Rosenborg.

StPauli1916, Westlondonscot and RabS like this.
  8. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Tactics in the opening half hour were woeful and nearly cost us the game, we were a shambles and Tierney, Hendry, McGregor and Forrest were all * up and took out of the game in defence or attack.

Looked like we were set up in attack in a 3-4-1-1

Hendry Ajer Tierney
    Brown
    Gamboa McGregor Ntcham Sinclair
    Forrest
    Edouard
    We were getting caught out all over the place as McGregor was coming inside, Forrest was * in the middle of nowhere not getting near the ball, Tierney was sitting back with Ajer and Hendry so nocunt was overlapping or supporting Sinclair and Gamboa was way up the park out wide.

Every time we lost the ball it was a mad scramble of everycunt running 30 yards into a different position to get back into a 4-4-1-1 to defend. Was a disgrace watching it.

9. jay62

job done , went down one and then pushed em around the park!

10. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Turned into a very easy game, was * it with about 15 minutes on the clock, they were troubling us with the long ball, our tactics were hopelss and we were looking all over the place. But once we got going roung the 35th minute we were cutting through them and toying with them, we really should have won 4 or 5-1 and had the tie done and dusted.

Don't think we'll have any problems over there, they are a very awkward big clumsy team, we should go over there with confidence play them off the park and beat them again.

11. Doogs. Lustig your the one, you still turn me on.

His year to shine mate. I’ll have him, Edouard and KT as an early punt for POTY.

packybhoy likes this.
  12. JamesM09

Rodgers is guilty of over thinking games sometimes.

What a difference when we went back to our usually style. Tierney’s attacks alone made a huge difference.

If we play that way over there we’ll comfortably win this tie. They need to come out and they won’t be able to cope with our attack. If we change tactics and try and defend we’ll be in trouble.

13. stew37

Thought we were brilliant on the way forward, as slick as I've seen. The goal is a * but overall I think we were very good; great passing. Anyway, couple more beers and bed. HH

14. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Aye, I thought Tierney actually ran the show. It was him who kicked into gear and started running through them like they weren't there, pushing forward and really doing what he wanted lifting others around him. Was a bit of a Van Dijk style performance where he conducted a lot of stuff and lifted others around him by taking the onus upon himself to turn the tide of the game. Ntcham, Sinclair and Edouard then all came into a game around him and we pinned them back then were tearing them apart most of the game with Forrest and McGregor getting into it as well.

I think we should be fine over there, they are an average long ball team. Can't see them trying to control the game against us, we should be in total control and be going over there to beat them. If Lustig and Boyata are back as well then they'll not have it so easy in the air against us.

15. Lupis Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Infinitely better second half. If we can keep our stikers fit we are going to absolutely terrorise teams this year. Eddy and Ntcham looked class. I wonder if there are any other u21 French lads we can pick up.

16. Jax Teller

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thumb
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Soldier song
  17. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Agreed what was he thinking that system managed to nullify all the best things about most of our players

ILoveTheCeltic likes this.
  18. cidermaster Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    That Depeche Mode when we score!!
    We will win in style over there in total style,no doubts about that:lol: And then strip the Greeks from all their gifts and beat whoever we get in the last of these qualifier ties,because i know it and so do all the Bhoys on here.

19. Cmcgregor90

I like there left back number 3 always impressed me even last year

20. Cumbernauld Bhoy67

Is that the blonde lad? I thought the same last year against us and tonight. But i watched their game at home against that valur mob and he could barely pass the ball 5 yards. Maybe it was just a bad game he had against Valur, boy looks a decent player.