1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Matchday] UCL 2nd Rnd Qual, Celtic v Rosenborg, Wed July 25th, KO 19:45

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by JC Anton, Jul 18, 2018.

Discuss UCL 2nd Rnd Qual, Celtic v Rosenborg, Wed July 25th, KO 19:45 in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. apevrak

No, that was Trondsen. Konradsen will probably be out in both legs against us.

2. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Ah apologies Derry..

Do you genuinely think they'll run us close?

I can't see it..

I actually believe we're probably 1 of the most feared team's in the second round..

LloydsGamble, Xatraps and freederry20 like this.
  3. Jeremie Frimpong

Do you expect the matches to be as close as they were last season?

4. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Forgot he was injured, but Tbf to him played a big part in CL Qualification last season.. but aye the fact he was needed at CB highlights an issue that for me hasn’t been resolved.. it would be good to take luck out of the equation in these CL Qualifiers and we have defo rode it at times, especially Rosenberg at home last season. We shouldn’t be having to play DM at CB, play players out of position or players who aren’t good enough at that level.

Taking nothing away from BR tho, as you say I’ve never been more confident under a manager in these games. Just wish we had better defensive options..

5. freederry20

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, Wanyama, Hartson, Balde, Petrov, Lennon, Commons, Boruc, Brown, Van Dyk.
    No worries.

6. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Compper done his abductor during the standard game looks like he is out a few weeks sack the *

CountyDownFaithful likes this.
  7. Jeremie Frimpong

He is taking the * now; Boerrigter was more reliable.

Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  8. m8ybhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail the Celts are here
    What?? Already. He’s stealing a wage. “Comppost” more like...

9. andybhoy94 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll never walk alone
    We really should be doing whatever it takes to be getting a quality cb in for this but doubt it, attack wise we're fine as long as Moussa's fit and hopefully Rogic is back.

10. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Played 45 mins and done his abductor muscle what a * joke isn’t it! Any other form of employment you would be Dismissed

11. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    I don't think we'll need luck this time..

Our squad overall has had a break this year, unlike last and we look better equipped than the previous 2 successful year's..

Our squad is much stronger and when you take in to account Rogic, Boyata, Rogic and Griffiths are still to come in, as well as McGinn and possibly a defensive option....there isn't a better side we could face.

Plenty watched the Rosenborg game tonight saying they were * etc. They'll have had supporters streaming our game and what do you reckon they'll have been thinking? It'll be something with scared in it..

Xatraps and Cumbernauld Bhoy67 like this.
  12. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Aye hopefully they won’t cause us too many issues, however the point stands around the lack of real quality at CB.. and we will have another two ties to play a step up from Rosenberg, feasibly.. we shouldn’t be worried about our defence but it’s defo an issue in Europe.

Question marks on Hendry, Simunovic, Compper & Boyata for me..(although the WC will have done wonders for him hopefully)

Sell Simunovic & release Compper? And bring two in..

clonbhoy likes this.
  13. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Lustig due back on Saturday

Boyata due another week off.

Xatraps and JC Anton like this.
  14. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    It's an issue, definitely. I think we'll be trying to sign a right back before a centre half simply because of how many we have at the minute..

Gamboa is publicly gone and so will Ralston on loan at the very least, leaving an overplayed Lustig..

I'd get rid of those 2 right now if we could get a centre half and right back in. Would punt Bitton, Gamboa and Ralston also..8+ mill and 30+ grand to go back in to better quality..

15. apevrak

I don't think it will be as close as last season given our injury problems at the time. But they're certainly no Alashkert who will be ragdolled over two legs, they're just to good for that. The last time they lost with two goals or more in a competitive match was away against Zenit in October (3-1), so I doubt we'll see goals galore home or away. Our squad is much better though so would genuinely be surprised if we don't do them over two legs.

Domestic they're just two points behind league leader Brann atm and have picked up some form lately. Defensively they look solid enough with Hansen (GK), Reginiussen (CB) and Meling (LB) as their standout players in the back. They are lacking up front though, Bendtner is running hot and cold and not very reliable. Helland have been underperforming for a long time and that young Swede Levi is not good enough on this level yet. Their attacking options on the bench is not something that would strike fear in any half decent defence.

16. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    The danger with Rosenborg could be they are more comfortable when defending and countering than attacking, so might be more suited to playing us than Valur.

17. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Aye, we have no cover for KT either.. possibility of Hayes filing in for him.. its early in the window and but it’s the most important part of the season in many ways, that’s why the Jan window was so frustrating as we have the same issues.. the hype around Musonda and the hopefulness in Compper masked a pish window.

Hendry is one for the future but will get absolutely shagged playing the way he does the now when we step up a level..

18. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Was gonna say that adegbenro may cause some problems, but he's out injured. Would be suprised if we didn't win by at least 3-4 goals, although if boyata isn't back i'd be fearful throwing hendry in.

19. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    I've read McGinn has filled in at left back a few time's and been excellent for Hibs..

With our central options and Brendan always thinking ahead, I could see when KT nerds a break, him possibly filling in there and likewise central midfield where he'll obviously be more comfortable..

Don't rate Hayes 1 bit for us..

Agree on Hendry..

JC Anton likes this.
  20. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Who ye playing at centre half?