1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

.uck It!!

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by cidermaster, Jan 15, 2023.

Discuss .uck It!! in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. leeso-ardoyne

Fs that's horrific stuff from our supporters. Don't remember hearing about that. Creative but ffs, whoever did that definitely has a few screws loose! No excuses for that type of behaviour what so ever. As mentioned above, we've on from that *. I'd say if someone turned up to parkhead like that today, they'd get * knocked out of them.

blackfish likes this.
  2. Melb Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tommy Burns
    5-0 against Sporting Lisbon. Place was mad, The Jungle singing “We want 10, we want 10, we want 10!” Was brilliant
    The Rapid Vienna game was jumping as well. Love Street to win the league though probably tops them as we heard the news come through peoples radios. Devastating, until we knew it was another Kidd!!

cidermaster, blackfish and johnboy19 like this.
  3. Sonic Reducer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mr Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Symphony
    4-2 league decider...Murdos screamer.

johnboy19, Johniebhoy. and blackfish like this.
  4. johnboy19

Fav Celtic Player:
    Billy McNeil and Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song and The Celtic Symphony
    Me and a couple of mates were in a pub called Kelly's Bar near Glasgow Cross that day as we were going to see The Cramps at the Barrowland that night. Rememeber the place going crazy evry time we scored.

blackfish and cidermaster like this.
  5. johnboy19

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Best game I've ever been at was the day we stopped the 10. I can still remember evrything about that day.
    Being nervous in the morning of the game,
    * myself when the St Johnstone player missed that header,
    Sheer emotion when Harald scored,
    Tears of joy when Boyd lifted the trophy,
    And the massive party in my house that night.
    And the next day, in the papers, there was a picture from behind the goal when Henrik scored and my dad and me where in the picture.
    I still have a copy of that picture now. I'll need to look it out to show you guys.

6. leeso-ardoyne

How the * did I forget to add that one too :31:. Great day, night that was. We actually got in without tickets that day.

cidermaster and johnboy19 like this.
  7. TheHappyLoss

Best atmosphere was the hun * take at Celtic park just before they died. An absolutely perfect display etc from the GB. If it had been the other way around I don’t think I could have stood for the 90 minutes while being torn a new one and ridiculed like that.

8. Double Dutch

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    The 4 horsemen TIFO, absolutely sensational. Only ones that came close to it were the 125 anniversary 2-1 win against Barca, and the William Wallace/Bobby Sands one with the line out of the song Terrorist or Dreamer by Bik McFarlane.

'The terrorist or the dreamer, the savage or the brave. Depends whose vote you're trying to catch, whose face you're trying to save'.

Nothing short of genius.

9. Smithy

Lazio away, what a day that was!

Honourable shout to the last Old Firm game ever (3-0) and the 3-3 draw with Man City.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cidermaster likes this.
  10. johnboy19

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    I think there was a lot of ticketless fans that day. Paradise looked to have twice the capacity that day.

leeso-ardoyne and cidermaster like this.
  11. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    I've got two.
    1.Beating Ajax 2-1 in 1982 in their own stadium. Everything from the travelling over, the sing song in the big square, the customary visit to the coffee shops, winning the game and the travel back - although I can't remember much of that.

2.Winning the league with 10 men against the huns in 1979 at Parkhead. I don't know what the official attendance was that night but I can remember being crushed against the old wooden barriers all night and when Murdo MacCleod scored his screamer, I ended up about 20 yds from where I was originally standing. The only thing about that night was that there wasn't any highlights as the film had mysteriously gone missing. Hurting huns then and hurting huns now.

12. blackfish Screaming from beneath the waves...

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Thing I remember from the Ajax game was Average Joe Miller from Not the View doing an aeroplane celebration! Some result that was.

I was not allowed to go in 79 for 10 men game! Too young!

13. leeso-ardoyne

Definitely. Everyone was sitting on the steps everywhere you looked up the back. Great day and night it was! I was only 17/18 that year. Got steamed with my da in the gallowgate after it. Such a hangover going home the next day on the boat to Belfast.

johnboy19 likes this.
  14. HatsmyBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hatate
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can't get enough
    The most intense atmosphere for me was against the Huns way back in August 89. It was the first game that Judas played against us after going to them.

The atmosphere really did seem electric, you could almost feel it.

Unfortunately we didn't win, but neither did they.

15. leeso-ardoyne

The child put this game on YouTube just now. Why is it some Hun players and some of our players where wearing black arm bands?

Some rough tackling in this game and the Huns where denied a stonewall penalty.