1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Turnbull vs Christie

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by ILoveTheCeltic, Aug 27, 2020.

Discuss Turnbull vs Christie in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    This is how they compare statistically, the two most creative players in the League both play pretty much the same position the "10" but are totally opposite styles.

[​IMG]

Turnbull is almost never dispossesed of the ball, he never really loses it after his first touch as he plays slower and more thought out and protects it better where as Christie is always gambling attempting 18x the amount of dribbling as Turnbull, trying to beat players with his first touch, trying to take players on and plays at much higher tempo and more energetic. Turnbull actually gets fouled more than he gets the ball took off him cleanly where as Christie gets the ball took of him 6 times for every 1 time he gets fouled.

Defensively, Christie does a lot of tackling especially for an attackng player. Turnbull almost never makes a tackle but makes more interceptions. Christie is also dribbled past almost 4x as much as Turnbull even though Christie committs more fouls and attempts to win the ball more.

Both do most of their shooting from outside the box, Turnbull 12 out of 17 and Christie 13 out of 17.

Only similarity they seem to have is that their passing is quite similar, both average 45-50 passes per game with 80% accuracy and around 3-3.5 crosses per game, main difference being Christie attempts quite a bit more long range passes and Turnbull attempts more balls through the defence.

Turnbull also wins over 2 headers a game, 8x higher than Christie, the 4th highest of a midfielder in the League behind Gogic, O'Hara and Callaghan which is quite weird since hes not that tall and he takes set pieces himself. I thought it might be that Motherwell play much more long balls and all their players do more heading but they don't they actually play the 3rd least, only us and the huns play less long balls.

Will be really interesting to see how different we look and how much it affects the team if we swap both in the 10. With Christie we'll have fast paced, all action, unpredictability, running, dribbling but more losing the ball and being countered. With Turnbull we'll have more precise passing and moving, probably slower paced, better ball retention and probably win more headers in the middle of the park.

This site has the stats for our League this season https://www.whoscored.com

You can use this https://www.whoscored.com/PlayerComparison to compare them yourself

2. McGrory1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Callum McGregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Great thread mate. I think he’ll be a great player here, really do.

I’d like to see us try a midfield with both he and Christie playing in front of McGregor (maybe not in every game but certainly at home to bottom six teams). For me that shape gives us far more in game flexibility and unpredictability than the overused 4-2-3-1.

3. Moore Brendan Rodgers OUT Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    JCGE + Grace + YNWA
    Great Thread as always ILTC.

I * love stats!!
    Not gonni lie I was a bit underwhelmed by him, but after last nights result and reading this! Im all for him.
    Would also like, to see them both play, not easy to make that work though.. Good competition in that position though.