1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Transfer window summer 22

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by jake10, Jun 1, 2022.

Discuss Transfer window summer 22 in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony

Yeah I do agree.

I think there's still a clear drop off in quality with some of the back up. That's to be expected kind of as we can't afford ridiculously expensive back up however the likes of Johnston, Ajeti, Mccarthy, Ideguchi etc aren't good enough to even come in and be trusted IMO.

Well, Ajeti clearly isn't.

2. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    I won’t give up on Ideguchi just yet i remember people writing Hatate and Daizen off last season

3. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Celtic aren't likely to be done yet in this transfer window, with boss Ange Postecoglou describing their stance as "active" in the weeks ahead.

The Hoops have already spent over £15m to acquire high-quality new talent this summer in securing Jota and Cameron Carter-Vickers on long term, permanent deals.

They also swooped for Argentine left-back Alexandro Bernabei in a £3.75m deal.

But there's no sense that the Premiership champions are settling for the job being done.

Postecoglou told Sky: "It's fair to say we will still be active. Whether or not we will get deals done - we will see. It has to be the right ones.

We expect some comings and goings I assume over the next three weeks while the window is open so without putting any certainty around it, I'd say we will be alert and ready to go if the right solution comes."

bhoy_wonder and greengrocer like this.
  4. G40B

He’s got more caps for the national team than any of our other Japanese players.

Definitely has to be something there.

Dan Breen, The_Bhoy and Blochairnbhoy like this.
  5. moravcik1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    The permanent signings of CCV and Jota have been great; in yesteryears we would have seen them return to their parent clubs

However where have we actually improved since last season - I dont see Bernabei or mooy as a player that will definitely stroll into our starting 11 - We were linked to the likes of Vinicius Souza who if we had signed him would have been a starting 11 player - I would like to see us sign a player that instantly improves our starting 11

Sentinel and Dan Breen like this.
  6. BigManSmalls

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Another deadline day like this please [​IMG]

Ziggy likes this.
  7. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Just said something like this on twitter. Michut might be a deadline day signing, thing is we had contacted spurs around now for CCV this time last year

8. PaddyJamieson

Michut and a young, high-potential RW/striker, both on loan to buys. Jullien, Ajeti and MJ out the door, maybe McCarthy out on loan. That's how I see it panning out.

Dan Breen likes this.
  9. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Tom Boyd has 24 hours to respond.

10. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Imagine the brain damage listening to that every week.

Valhalla likes this.
  11. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    What the * was that

12. Guchi Gucci Gold Member Gold Member

I've changed my mind a couple of times.

I'll be disappointed if we don't sign two players easily capable of starting.

Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  13. Double Dutch

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Think losing out on Souza has taken a bit of the shine off this window. That's not to say Mooy won't do the business when up to speed, but if we managed to get Souza in it would have made a huge difference.

The squad is looking strong bar a couple we still need in so it's not worrying as such, just really wanted to make that one signing that ties everything together and shifts us up another gear. Not that confident we'll make it happen now if I'm honest.

So only a CL quarter final imo.

14. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Celtic manager Ange Postecoglou says the club is still 'active and alert' in this transfer window as he eyes further signings.

The 56-year-old has already acquired seven players this summer - permanent deals were concluded for Daizen Maeda, Cameron Carter-Vickers and Jota while Benjamin Siegrist, Alexandro Bernabei and Aaron Mooy have all joined.

Moritz Jenz has also signed up on loan for the season from FC Lorient with an option to buy.

But the Hoops manager concedes he's not yet done looking to strengthen his squad, with more than one area still of interest.

"We are still active and alert and still looking at some possibilities as I think we can still strengthen in a couple of areas,” he said.

"It has to be the right one, the right player with the right type of profile. While the window's opening there's always stuff happening incoming and outgoing so we will see how things pan out."

Postecoglou's side defeated Norwich City 2-0 in their final pre-season friendly at Parkhead on Saturday afternoon thanks to goals from Maeda and David Turnbull.

The Hoops open up their Premiership title defence against Aberdeen on July 31 - but could be without central defender Carl Starfelt due to injury.

"We're hoping he'll join in training at some point this week,” Postecoglou said. “He's in the last stages and doing all the physical stuff away from the group.

"So, knock on wood, he's passed every stage and the handover to the football department should happen next week.

"That means that hopefully within a week or two he's ready to go.”

Celtic have already been busy in the transfer market this summer but their business could be far from done.

Loan signings Daizen Maeda, Cameron Carter-Vickers and Jota all made their stays at the club permanent, while former Dundee United keeper Benjamin Siegrist, Argentinian defender Alexandro Bernabei and Australian international Aaron Mooy have all been brought to Parkhead as well. Lorient defender Moritz Jenz has made the move to the Hoops on a season-long loan.

But with the potential for players to still head out the door this summer, replacements could be needed. Questions remain over the future of Christopher Jullien, who missed out on a move to Schalke earlier this summer after talks collapsed over his personal terms. Albian Ajeti could also be moved on from the fringes in an effort to clear up space as well, and so the manager will be keen to ensure they have cover in those positions.

Reports elsewhere had claimed Celtic could be in the market for another striker this summer to back up Kyogo Furuhashi and Giorgos Giakoumakis.

Football Scotland understands this to be wide of the mark, however.

Despite that though, Postecoglou has admitted he is optimistic that there will be more movement in and out of the club before the transfer window shuts in September

That won't include former target Fausto Vera, who is set to join Brazilian club Corinthians instead.

Speaking earlier this week, he told Sky Sports: "It's fair to say we'll still be active. Whether we get deals done or not, we'll see. It has to be the right ones.

"I think we'll still be active and we expect some comings and goings over the next two or three weeks while the window is still open.

"Without putting any certainty around it, I'd say we'll still be alert and ready to go if the right solution comes."

Last edited: Jul 23, 2022
  15. StainseyBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Andy Hinkel !!
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    You've got to hand it to the club, we've been so much more professional this year. All positions sorted with more than a week till the season starts. Now in a position we can buy the right player, but not feel pressure if they don't come up.

Will feel weird not panicking on deadline day

Rydo1888* and Guchi Gucci like this.
  16. oh bhoy

you have to wonder what the * we have been doing the past 18 years when doing the basics of a football club seems like it needs praise

Guchi Gucci likes this.
  17. Charlielarsson

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    This is the way a well run professional club should be run so final push for that final couple of quality players celtic

18. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    I'm really happy with the signings.

I'm happy with Kyogo and Gia but maybe an injury could pose a problem, although wee Maeda ain't done too shabby through middle preseason, so not sure about another striker. Going to be hard to keep 2 never mind 3 happy.

A DM possibly but wondering how that's going to affect our attacking play, Hetate has been unreal so far, Oriley we know what he can do and calmac, so who drops out from that 3? There is a slight weakness defensively though, and I don't know if our flanks could be compromised from a defensive point so could be an overload on the 2 cbs.

But for me it's looking rosey.

Shows what happens when your guaranteed CL money, but I'm gonna be * if huns make it, as tbf to those * they've gave themselves every chance as they've not hung around and have brought in a lot of players. Hope it crashes and burns though, that'd be fkn great.

King of Kings likes this.
  19. bhoy_wonder Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    JCGE
    If Jullien and Johnstone both move there's no way we won't be in the market.

20. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    Mr heated Drive Way has finally * off….

oh bhoy likes this.