1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Transfer window summer 22

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by jake10, Jun 1, 2022.

Discuss Transfer window summer 22 in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    Tbf Ange loves to not give anything away and even says the complete opposite to what is actually happening.

When it comes to transfers and injuries, I wouldn't trust a word Ange says.

We were definitely in for Souza. We were definitely eyeing up defensive mids.

Blochairnbhoy and craigtheceltic like this.
  2. AdamRS Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can’t get enough Depeche mode
    Then why where we trying to get Souza? Ange clearly does want one.

dmccourt95 likes this.
  3. AussieGreek

Were we trying to get Souza or was that just another rumour put out by the media who have no idea and got Celtic fans into a storm and whip about Him? I’m not convinced we were seriously in for him.

IF we’ll were in for a CDM, why are we seemingly just bringing in an 8 (who can play 6 and 10) in Mooy and a CB rather than just a CDM?

4. AdamRS Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can’t get enough Depeche mode
    Yes we where going by nearly everyone who normally gets good info.

Ange isn’t naive to think we don’t need one

5. AussieGreek

That’s my point exactly, no we were not seriously linked when you actually looked at it, it was mostly media reports regurgitating each other and a million Celtic Fb pages and twitter accounts sharing it. I’m not fully convinced yet we were seriously going for him.

6. oh bhoy

thats what we are trying to figure out he needs a cdm whether he says its in public or not .

7. AussieGreek

we’re probably not getting one, no matter how many weeks on end and millions of comments social media users are making to put themselves in a collective psychosis about it.

8. oh bhoy

theres 6 weeks to go in the transfer window ,a lot could happen in that time

9. AussieGreek

Certainly, but as has been proven with the imminent arrival of Mooy and the German CB, along with signing of Siegrist and Bernabei, clearly CDM was never a major priority for Ange in this window, despite Celtic supporters being in a collective meltdown about it.

10. murphy88

Because maybe Ange has seen an opportunity to add depth to the squad by bringing in Mooy on a free. Someone who he knows and obviously feels can offer something. He won’t be on huge wages, so it’s a pretty low risk addition. That doesn’t mean he doesn’t want a holding midfielder also though.

11. murphy88

The priority was to get CCV and Jota on permanent transfers, which we done. Then we went after Souza, a defensive midfielder. We missed out on him, we are possibly working on other targets now.

12. AussieGreek

It doesn't mean he doesn't want one, but clearly, VERY clearly, it is not a priority - this cannot be denied based on the facts alone of the transfer business so far - keeping in mind Ange said he wanted all the major signings done before the pre-season began, which did happen.

You're probably correct that Mooy was a good opportunity as he's a freeby, a very good player and is already settled in Scotland, but that doesn't discount we still brought in another GK, CB and LB all before a CDM.

13. oh bhoy

that doesnt prove anything of the sort ,im pretty sure he said the other day they were prepared to wait or no rush ( or something to that effect ) before saying he expected 2 in this week

14. AussieGreek

He also said days ago that we are NOT in for a CDM...

15. murphy88

It’s not clear at all. On the face if it, it appears we wanted Souza. A defensive midfielder. It dragged on and we missed out. Other targets in this time might have moved on, or we might be working on the next target. Just because we brought in other players in that time, doesn’t mean it wasn’t a priority. Should we just stop bringing in other players because a target is taking time to decide, like Souza did?

16. AussieGreek

I've already expressed my personal skepticism to the whole Souza saga to begin with. I don't think we were ever seriously in for him and it was ANOTHER situation exaggerated by the media that then got Celtic supporters on social media into a storm. Obviously I don't know if that's the situation, but that's what I highly suspect.

17. oh bhoy

he doesnt respond well to interviewers presuming to know what he wants or needs .that may have had some bearing on his response

18. AussieGreek

It could be, but you come to your own conclusion what Ange means by this when asked about bringing in a physical midfielder:

"Nah, it's not my style. Our role is to dominate games in a collective sense. Blackburn are a big, physical team, but in the first half I thought we played really well and handled them no problem. When we are playing our football and moving the ball around, we don’t need to rely on that side of the game."

To me that sounds like we are NOT getting that big imposing CDM that everyone is demanding for.

19. McGrory1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Callum McGregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    No he never.

Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  20. AussieGreek

Granted he never said it directly, but how do you interpret his answer to a question about bringing in a physical midfielder?

"Nah, it's not my style. Our role is to dominate games in a collective sense. Blackburn are a big, physical team, but in the first half I thought we played really well and handled them no problem. When we are playing our football and moving the ball around, we don’t need to rely on that side of the game."