1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Transfer Window poll.. Happy.. Yes or No?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by thailandceltic, Aug 30, 2021.

Discuss Transfer Window poll.. Happy.. Yes or No? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

Overall I think it's been a good window in terms of outgoings and getting them replaced, would've ideally liked us to go out and get a few more established players in as a few of those signed are clearly development/project types. Kyogo, Hart, Abada and the deadline signings all look exciting prospects with plenty to prove.

The thing I'm not happy with and the reason I voted undecided is the time it took to get some of these deals done and the players in, with the hesitancy to spend the money. I get the board will mitigate risk by keeping an Edouard and Christie for the qualifiers and then replacing when they've definitely left but it seems every year we are going into those games with a barebones or makeshift squad.

Defenders should have been brought in as a number one priority and the goalkeeper situation was sorted too late as well. Not saying we'd have qualified but it would've meant those positions being settled for the domestic season at least.

Hopefully going forward it's something Ange sees as something he can tell the board to be more proactive with.. (aye.. I know :87:)

2. Forza 67

Abada, Forrest, Kyogo, Johnston or Dembele.

3. Dublin Celt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Barry Coffey
    Really hope Luca connell can step up over the next few months similarly to how Ange has been blooding montgomery. He could be a bolter on the left of that middle 3

Sent from my GM1903 using Tapatalk

4. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    Yeah but we have GG, Jota, Scales, McCarthy, Forrest, Julian, Vickers, Taylor and to lesser extenct Mikey and Dembele to come in... we can't just keep adding players because we had one poor game away at the huns

5. AdamRS Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can’t get enough Depeche mode
    In our last game against Sevco our defence limited roofe, kent and morelos to very limited chances, i’d say we broke their defence more than they broke ours. We where un-done by a set piece and poor finishing on our part.

6. JamesM09

Mate it's got nothing to do with the hun game. We've known what's needed since the start of the window and win or lose against the huns changes * all.

People are absolutely NOT reacting to a hun defeat this week and it's completely wrong to use that as reason to explain people's anger.

No matter how anyone tries to spin it that squad we have is a gamble and it's an unnecessary gamble. You all need to stop being so conditioned.

The board have absolutely took the * out of us by waiting until the last minute to buy and sell players and every positive comment needs to admit it's in hope. Hope that fringe players can do the business for 20 games this season and sicknotes suddenly become 100% reliable.

Whatever your opinion is don't pretend any anger is a reaction to a loss to the huns.

7. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    So you would move Abada from right wing to left? :rofl:

Kyogo will be playing through the middle not on the left or Ange would have been starting him there before Christie :rofl:

Forrest playes better on the left this has been proven time and time again :rofl:

MJ is injured :rofl:

Dembele is injured :rofl:

Nice try though.

8. JamesM09

I agree. Are people even aware what they are saying here?

It's * madness.

Why are people happy with gambles and uncertainty? It's as if we weren't just in a transfer window where you can go out and get players to play for your team.

Are people aware we've sold £40m worth of players since January?

Dembele and MJ but..

9. Forza 67

Abada, Forrest and Kyogo have all featured on the left under Ange, don't get your point. You asked me who would play there and I told you and obviously the later two when fit, that goes without saying.

10. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Not happy with Jota at all. One-footed player with reported poor decision making, bad dressing room conduct and all he knows is how to dribble. Whoever suggested him doesn't even know what our tactics need out wide.

Heard worrying things about CCV as well- I hope he has better decision making than Starfelt though.

Giakoumakis should fit our tactic well- I expect brave leaps when crosses come in.

Juranović- if played at RB should be in double digits for assists.

Scales- I want him to be given chance- might even allow Montgomery to play LW occasionally.

McCarthy- hopefully we beef up or sports science and physio department soon. Needed due to his defensive skillset in a hyperoffensive team.

Hart- will do a job, but blunders are tied into the package.

Kyogo- the smartest business we've made in ages (shirt sales), and a fantastic person and player.

Starfelt- not the one signing hoped to shore up the defense. Jekyll and Hyde moments. If CCV or Jullien end up being better, he needs benched.

Abada- Dudu Dahan strikes again, and we struck gold, too. Really good, and can do many things well.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2021
    Rogicisgod likes this.
  11. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

This. It wasn’t even a bad performance. We tired on 60 mins and didn’t have the bench to rejuvenate. We rued our missed chances/ error of not playing Kyogo through the middle. I genuinely think we will win this league title by a decent margin.

AdamRS and Wee Baldy like this.
  12. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    I'd have been a bit more content IF we had finally filled the LB position that's been needed filled since KT left and that's the main reason I'm not pleased

13. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

I can understand why we didn’t. We have Taylor Scales Boli and Monty. Taylor, in my opinion, gets a bad wrap. He’s a serviceable player for us. Yea, we all want an upgrade but he’s far from the bad player people make him out to be. He just lacks physically for me in terms of pace. We made an abundance of signings.. 10 first teamers. I’m happy. Money in the bank for Japanese January also.

honda likes this.
  14. wulliebad

Fall for what,most of the players signed were not on the last day,Plus some of the signing have been first team starters,this window is nothing like what went on in the past...10+ out and 10 in.

Slaw likes this.
  15. the iceman 1888

How you can be unhappy about a player you've never seen is beyond me man that's crazy talk

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

16. Living the dream

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy Johnston
    Yes Happy got rid of some deadwood and there is now some excitement back in the club going forward

17. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    I love the guys commitment however, he is often targeted as our weak link due to his lack of height. Scales is an unknown, I don't now what the score is with Boli and Monty is still learning his trade but looks a great prospect. I think overall we have a very small team. I'm beginning to wonder if all the doors at Parkhead are small and the board is just saving money having them heightened and that's why we sign wee players.

Slaw likes this.
  18. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Well, after the personalities of Boyata, Ntcham and Edouard, I am wary of reported bad apples. And a right-footer on the left (two of them) cost us on Sunday.

19. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    Why would you put Abada on the left when his best position is on the right? Then play a player (Jota) on the right when his best position is on the left?

We have signed Jota to play left wing, you are making out he was signed to take Christie’s place which is just not true.

I asked who else do we have? We had no * else bar using Christie out of position! We don’t have another natural left winger bar MJ who is never fit.

Why would you play other players out of position, or injured players?

Honestly mental

20. the iceman 1888

Give the guy a chance before you nail him to the cross ffs

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk