1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Transfer Window poll.. Happy.. Yes or No?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by thailandceltic, Aug 30, 2021.

Discuss Transfer Window poll.. Happy.. Yes or No? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

With the addition of Cameron Carter-Vickers from Spurs, Celtic are delighted to have introduced 12 new players to the squad during the summer transfer window, which closed yesterday evening.

As the Hoops target success in the campaign ahead, Celtic manager Ange Postecoglou expressed his satisfaction with the club’s recent activity.

He said: “Everyone at the Club has worked hard on making really good progress in this window and I am really pleased with the depth of quality we have managed to deliver.

“I think the squad is in good shape for the challenges ahead and I look forward to get working as a unit with the whole squad together, as one, after the international break.

“While so many players have come in, I would also like to thank the first team guys who have moved on from Celtic, for their contribution to the Club.”

“Odsonne and Ryan are two players who have been fantastic for the Club over a number of years. They wanted to look at new opportunities, I am sure they will continue to have very successful careers and I wish them well for the future. I also wish Leigh well on his loan spell at Dundee, where I am sure he will get back into some important playing time.”

Celtic Chief Executive Dom McKay is also pleased with the level of business the club has completed during the summer transfer window.

Having vowed to help manager Ange Postecoglou settle in not long after his own arrival at Paradise, Dom McKay highlighted the quality of signings the club has since brought in as he and the manager target success in the season ahead.

The Chief Executive said: “From the skill and experience the likes of Joe Hart and James McCarthy bring to the squad, to the flair of players like Kyogo and Liel Abada, this transfer window has been a busy period for the club with 12 new players joining Ange and our squad at Celtic”.

“We have strengthened the squad in all areas of the pitch, with international-level talent, and while naturally disappointed to see some faces head in the opposite direction, we wish them every success in their next ventures.”

Dom McKay hailed every one of the club’s incoming players to a man, and saved special praise for the Celtic supporters who have been able to return in full numbers in recent weeks.

He added: “The club has worked tirelessly to get fans back into Celtic Park, and seeing the stadium full again is such a great sight. It is so pleasing to have our fans come home again.”

2. Heb Celt

Abada and Kyogo who isn’t a project seems to be banging them in?

3. Bob Loblaw Gold Member Gold Member

I voted no, because while I'm happy with the players that have been added for the most part, we haven't added enough

4. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    1. We have 4 players that can play left back

2. Edouard hasn't been our best player for 18 months and didn't want to be here

3.Kyogo is replacing Eddy... GG is replacing Griffiths

4 .We have a good starting 11

5. Ajer wanted to leave not much we could do but yeah Starfelt has been poor.

6. We are not one injury away from being decimated..

7. We can still win the league

Anges first window.. it wasn't great but it wasn't a disaster either.. alot done and lot still to do

5. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    I think thats the general consensus.. Definitely could of added at least two more.. my hope is January we see a few more

6. celticdawg

Was meaning yesterdays business tbf , but yeah happy with both those signings

Heb Celt likes this.
  7. Dublin Celt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Barry Coffey
    yes!!!!!!Lot of unknowns but we got three starting 11 players out that didn't want to be here and got good money while bringing in players that Ange wants for his system. It's ange's team now. I think man for man we are prob weaker today that even last Saturday with the experience we have lost but I think we will be the better for it within a few months. One concern at the moment maybe is our lack of leaders. Celtic teams over the last 10 years were full of leaders. We will need to find new leaders who love Celtic from the likes of hart, juranovic, starfelt, ccv, McCarthy etc. When Jota, kyogo abada are getting kicked around away from home come the winter we will need more than McGregor to be protecting them and driving the team on

Sent from my GM1903 using Tapatalk

8. StevieBhoooy!

This thread has to be one of the most bipolar schizophrenic ever…

Last night it was wall to wall rage about how bad it was…. Demos to the board and wanting to cancel STs…. And I was in full agreement.

Looking at that poll and some of the comments once I’d given up looking at near midnight … you’d think we signed Higuain at the final bell.

Amazing the turnaround that the usual Celtic style last minute epl loan can have. (Job done Dom)

I don’t see it as a good window at all.

A good window is coming out of it stronger than we went in and as things stand I don’t believe we have…

Ange was a good find but as we know 3 months too late. Kyogo ✔️ Very Good find. Edouard replacement - to be hoped ok. Ajer/Starfelt - no explanation needed.
    Keeper upgraded , Abada promising.

But we knew Christie was probably away and doubt we have adequately replaced him with equal quality.
    Of course (in true Celtic style) it’s last hours of the window so no time to deal with that one.

… and why TF is Bolingoli still here.. should have had his contract terminated months ago.

Just not convinced by the defence still or that we will have enough depth to draw on up front once the inevitable injuries kick in on top of the existing ones we already have.
    4/10
    :nonono:

bhoy81 and seanm like this.
  9. seanm

4 is generous too. Hate tories but hate them more on a celtic board.HH

10. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    Ange should of been appointed months before he was and that's our major fail this window..

Things need to be done so much quicker..

Sgt Neppers* likes this.
  11. JamesM09

Genuinely astounded by the effect Carter-Vickers loan is having on the attitude of the Celtic support.

So easily manipulated it’s unreal.

12. seanm

Are there any countries still with an open transfer window and can we still sign loans or free agents or is ot completely shut now. HH

13. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    More birthday card pish. The PR machine in full flow.

Sorry Dom you haven’t strengthened the squad in all areas at all, Left back? Replacing Christie and getting another centre mid in on top, Even another striker. Few injuries away from a * nightmare situation.

I am trying to be positive, I really am but I think they could have backed Ange better, wonder why they haven’t mentioned making a massive profit this summer……

oh bhoy and The Phoenix like this.
  14. Heb Celt

I think Ange building team to his own style so I don’t think it’s about replacing anyone,he seems to be buying players to fit the system.

thailandceltic likes this.
  15. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    As I said yesterday, we desperately needed a proven LB and have done so since KT left however, we didn't and that's the main reason I voted no. Also, are few of the players we have signed are a bit of a gamble and we also needed a few others in just in case we get any injuries etc. but haven't done that as well. So it's a no from me.

16. AdamRS Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can’t get enough Depeche mode
    * me some people can’t be pleased, how many players did you really expect us to sign? Bear in mind we’ve just come out a pandemic and have to operate on an SPL budget

17. bhoy81

I think some fans are now trying to make feel positive after the window, I’m still a bit bitter regarding how everything has gone this summer.

I just hope all our signings kick in and play well, and we stay injury free with no burn out cause we are lacking badly in the middle of the park for a mobile centre mid who has a good engine bar Cal Mac.

18. LTPS

Fav Celtic Player:
    Bobby Lennox
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sign
    Vickers couldn’t have been brought in a month ago
    1/ a month ago Spurs said no to a loan
    2/ they said no to a loan even more recently
    3/ they came to us at last minute offering loan

19. Forza 67

* should be buzzing after yesterday instead we have mostly miserable bedwetters.

20. bhoy81

It’s not like we have just made a massive profit this summer or since January…….

JamesM09 and StevieBhoooy! like this.