1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Transfer Window poll.. Happy.. Yes or No?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by thailandceltic, Aug 30, 2021.

Discuss Transfer Window poll.. Happy.. Yes or No? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Don’t know why people are expecting us to do a complete rebuild in one window.

In terms of a complete overhaul of the playing squad it’s a good start.

The issue now is depth but we’ve got so many players at the club on big wages who aren’t going to be near the team that makes it unlikely we’re going to add players until they’re gone. The issue was always going to be how many * like Boli, Barkas, Ajeti, Bitton etc. Can get shifted.

Could it have been better? Aye. But the idea it’s been some sort of disaster of a window is a joke.

2. Mr Hoopy

Compared to years gone by I think we did decent business.

Would have been all over McCann for £1.25m but we clearly didn't fancy him or him us.

A proper LB not coming in surprised me.

3. Forza 67

Abada, Kyogo, Jota looks like a quality front three that could win you the league. Think Carter-Vickers will be a good addition at CB as well. Should be able to go on a good run in the league now.

4. StainseyBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Andy Hinkel !!
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    Before the window I wrote of list of ten positions we needing to sign in a dream window. We signed 11.
    It was obvious we were going to sell Christie Eddy and Ajer, so I'd have taken this in June.

Yet somehow still feel a bit disappointed...

If Scales can be our first choice left back that's a huge fix though

5. Mince.Charming

The centre of midfield is a big concern. We have replaced Brown and Christie with an injury prone McCarthy.

6. bkk bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hard to choose ... different players for different era's
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Agree with this, our total spend considering what we brought in means there is still money in the pot.

LB is the position we really need to upgrade and has been since the window opened. Maybe, just maybe Ange has someone in mind who isnt available at the moment, Let's hope so

McCann should have been snapped up if less than 1.5m .. i really think we missed out there

We are now looking decent but the squad is still light, we are only a few injuries or Covid situation away from turning to our squad players and most of them are not the quality we should be looking at.

Maybe there are youth players who can step up but with the CL group stage prize at the end of the season i hope we are looking at ways to bolster this squad. Not sure what other windows are still open or whose seasons end at odd times.

more Hopeful than Confident , roll on the next games

7. Samurai Bhoy

It’s not a bad looking squad, if Jota, CCV and Scales can prove their worth.

Areas we should be looking to improve on in January are;
    A new LB, get rid of Boli.
    A new CB, get rid of Bitton.
    A new CM, to replace Christie.
    A new GK, get rid of Barkas.
    A new CF, get rid of Ajeti
    A new LW, if MJ can’t get fit and find form.

Probably going to be difficult to do all that in the January window, so might be next summer before this rebuild is complete.

Also some decent looking prospects in the youth/Colts team, so that might negate the need for some signings, if one or two can break through.

8. bkk bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hard to choose ... different players for different era's
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Voted Aye.. because relieved wasn't an option.

Happy we have replaced the numbers that have left, Happy with Ange pushing the board in public and very happy the Big Greek striker signed. Happy with Jota loan to buy option rather than buying him outright. Cameron-Vickers falls into relieved category, not seen enough of him to say otherwise.

Not happy with the board being slow.. very slow to bolster the squad, and definitely not happy the LB position was not upgraded as its been a problem since KT left.

For Ange's first window its been good, the players like Kyogo & Hart etc that he got in earlier have all been good biz. So Happy overall and happy Lawwell isnt the man in charge of recruitment.. that is the biggest plus in this window.

Eddy, good luck to him, wont be surprised that he just flicks a switch and looks like the player from 2 years ago. Christie ! Bournemouth is the closest he will get to Europe as a club player. Griff, will score goals due to his natural talent but definitely a player who fell short of his full potential due to being unprofessional in many ways. Broony, hope to see him progress in coaching and return to us one day.

Deadwood.. Meh all still here and stealing a wage. They don't even have the ambition to go out and play elsewhere. Too many in this category.

Polls by nature can't be nuanced but overall i'm happy at the progress in this window. I really expect the Jan window to shape our squad and clear out the deadwood

Sentinel, seanm and AussieGreek like this.
  9. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    I didn't expect a whole new team in one window. We knew Ajer, Christie, Eddy and Ntcham were leaving so none of them have taken me off guard. I'm also glad Griff won't play for us again. We've brought in 2 centre backs which feels like the first time in forever, brought in 2 strikers, brought in 2 wingers, sorted out right back and I'm finally confident in our keeper. I'm unsure about left back, I have no idea about Scales but at least someone is here. 2 of 12 are loans but at least loans to buy.
    The window wasn't faultless but its a move in the right direction.

bkk bhoy and AussieGreek like this.
  10. Heb Celt

Happy with that considering the amount of positions needed addressed.Got players coming back from side lines soon and we have a few youngster capable of making the step up and Ange isn’t afraid to play them either.If the manager gets the rotation right we have sufficient depth til the next window when Ange will have had plenty time to assess the squad better and add to it.

11. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

I have a feeling CCV is gonna be that guy that no one is really excited about but becomes our best defender…

12. craigtheceltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom
    Need them now, but yes those are what I think we need to bring in, in January. LB, CM and DM are a top priority, we are so short in depth in those positions.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2021
  13. 76mark

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul Elliot
    Fav Celtic Song:
    HH
    Shouldn’t be too hard

Luis1967 and Twisty like this.
  14. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    Undecided, no left back, never replaced Christie, and I still feel we are a few short and could have done with another forward as well as the Greek fella cause Ajeti is *.

Will have to see how we get on in the coming months to see if this was a successful window.

Sgt Neppers* and Hammy89 like this.
  15. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    I like the additions we got but we're so light in areas now that one injury or one player doesn't hit the ground running, we're in trouble.

Sgt Neppers* and cat123 like this.
  16. Britwell bhoy Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mcstay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Voted aye wanted a lb and dm but didn't think we would get every position sorted

17. Captain Brown Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Voted naw because I was happy with last year's window and we all know how that turned out.

18. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Going in with Taylor at LB and every cb we have gives me the complete fear.

The midfield against anything like half decent opposition will run into trouble as has already been proved. Should be fine against the fodder but having to roll your sleeves up and compete, not for me.

Goalkeeper and RB I'm fairly happy with, I. Think the Croatian boy will do. Well although technically you'd need to drop our best player so far to play him.

Kyogo has been good, but looks erratic.in front of goal, really should have more goals than he has had, but he gives us energy. If he gets injured, lol, should be fun as we've sold around 200 goals worth yesterday.

19. Can'tbehooped

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    * since we didn't sign Lovric.....

20. cat123

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields Of Athenry
    The reason I'm disappointed is that we were already light and now we have brought three in but we needed more.

I'm happy enough with the guys Ange has brought in I just think we get a couple of injuries and we're in trouble.

The only way this window ends up a success is if Ange puts his trust in our youth to plug the gaps.