1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Transfer Talk

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by PaulM1888, Jun 24, 2009.

Discuss Transfer Talk in the Transfer Rumours area at TalkCeltic.net.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    It's the Celtic way - unfortunately

2. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    McChiellini.. likes this.
  3. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    I hope we're still interested in Ben Davies and Alfie Doughty still, get Doughty in January and punt Taylor and let Doughty slowly take over from Laxalt.

4. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    I would take Joe Newell from Hibs in a heartbeat.

5. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    I really want Davies and Doughty. Think they could start to solve some of the problems we currently have. If we could get them both in rin in January, that'd be ideal.

HTG and McChiellini.. like this.
  6. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    He looks good that boy. Really good..

7. Celtic_Daft1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    FORSTER

Ajer. MCKENZIE. Julien. DOUGHTY

Soro. McGregor

ZINKERNAGEL. Turnbull. Forrest

Eddy

CountyDownFaithful likes this.
  8. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Young, French, black, * GIANT, centre back - Jean Marcelin

I want that one. Out of contract in the summer, worth trying to get him in January.

Hoops13 likes this.
  9. DonnyCelt

Wonder if Danny Rose would fancy a stint at Parkhead in the new year.

10. Foley1888

He looks good but is not out of contract in the summer he is on loan to Brugge from Monaco got another 3.5 years there.

There are some good bosman deals out there which a few have mentioned:

GK Joel Drommel from Twente current Dutch international bosman. Or see if we can get FF back as will not have long on his deal, I imagine Southampton would be looking for a fee to cover the wage compensation they would need to give FF to go.

RB either NYRB Kyle Duncan 23 year old just been capped by USA or Fosu Mensah from Man Utd. Ryan Nyambe from Blackburn is another decent option.

CB Akos Kecskes from Lugano, recently capped for Hungary; Ben Davies we have been linked with who is naturally left sided; Thomas Basilla is a young prospect in the french unders international teams. Sanicanin from Vodjvodina has recently broke into the Bosnian national team and is a solid left sided CB. Two CB worth looking at but not free are Vitesse pair Doehki and Bazoer, the first is a bigger physical presence but the later is a cracking player who can easily operate in front of the defence as a DCM as well. I think he would be an excellent investment. Another who we should have went for in the summer is Pawel Bochniewiez who went for around €1m to Heerenveen from Poland and has since broke into their national team, left sided, athletic and decent on the ball.

For DCM Lindon Selahi we were linked with before would be worth going in for as another option to Soro. A more offensive midfield option would be Juninho Bacuna from Huddersfield who could really thrive in an offensive team who get a lot of the ball, still only 23. Youssef Ait Bennaser from Monaco is only 24 and has bags of ability. Igor Kharatin from Ferencvaros is a solid CM who is decent on the ball and would add some physicality which is sorely missing. Mirko Topic from Vodjvodina is a good prospect for that position and Dominik Yankov of Ludogrets is a cracking CM prospect. All these midfielders players are bosmans.

For the wings Zinckernagel that’s been mentioned should be a no brainer. Mitchell Van Bergen from Heerenveen looks a cracking prospect but would be expensive. Burak Kapacek from Bursaspor would be a good signing for about €2.5m, he’s a powerful pacey runner with a decent trick on him who can play of either wing. Had a history of being a RB so could potentially do the wingback role if needed. Alfie Doherty is one we wanted before and as a free would be a decent option. Issac Mbenza from Huddersfield is another powerful winger out of contract in the summer who would be a useful option.

Striker Pierre’s boy Sydney Van Hooijdonk would be a good buy. Currently playing for NAC Breda in the Dutch second tier but banging them in including a hat trick against Ajax U21 team who are in that league. He’s a big powerful striker. Another from Bursaspor is Ali Akman who is a fairly small striker but only 18 and being tracked by a host of clubs due to his scoring this season. Another striker I wished we had signed is Jorgen Strand Larsen, he went to Groningen for less than €1m but looks a real good target man type striker capable of linking the play and bringing others into the game. He still has developing to do but would have been a far better signing than the likes of Klimala I feel.

Obviously we wouldn’t sign anywhere near all them but shows the international calibre of player and potential that is out there many of who are available on a bosman.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2020
    The_Bhoy and Liam Scales like this.
  11. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    @Foley1888 ahh so it’s his loan deal in the summer that’s up then? Rage, considering Monaco signed him for £9m he’s out of reach then.

12. Foley1888

Yeah that’s just the loan deal, our only chance would be a loan deal but unlikely have a chance to sign him.

Liam Scales likes this.
  13. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Good shout for a loan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. DonnyCelt

Was surprise he didn't get a move from spurs in the summer tbh. Would do a job at left back no worries for us.

15. Priest

People are naming a lot of foreign players that we should sign and completely forgetting the impact of Brexit on Scottish football, players from Europe are now the same as those from the rest of the world in that they need to either be full internationals or really talented youngsters in order for us to get a work permit for them, Zinckernagel for example is 26 years old and has never been capped for his country so unless he has a British granny there is zero chance of us being able to sign him.

Peej likes this.
  16. Heb Celt

Paddy Roberts and Benkovic loan deals,both were superb for us before,no reason they couldn’t find their form again with us and would settle right away as they know the club well.Beats Duffy and Bitton at the back and Paddy on wing til Forrest is fit.

17. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    The only thing I would be concerned about is fitness and injury of the two.
    Both are of the quality we desire, but both during their time here (and elsewhere) were on the physio table more often than not. For a 5 month run in, we can't rely or risk them being out for 2 of those.
    The concern even if they are clear of any injury, is their proneness to injury and our complete lack of fitness training here would likely have at least one of them out within 2 games.

Honestly though, if they are available and agree clear, I'd love either of them back. Specially if it would likely now have a perm deal built in to it.

Ajer, Julien, benkovic, bitton and welsh, I would be very happy going in to a new season with that as our options for CB for the qualifiers.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Heb Celt likes this.
  18. The Phoenix Black Lives Matter

Fav Celtic Song:
    Lawwell get to fuck
    Would love Roberts and Forster back.

19. DJ CJ

Fav Celtic Player:
    Wanyama
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    They don’t need to be youngsters, we just have to make the case that they’d improve the Scottish game. Soro, shved and El Hammed all fail to meet normal criteria but we got to sign them anyway.

20. mayo

Roberts, Benkovic and Forster or 3 players in that position and of that quality and I’ll be thrilled

The Phoenix likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.