1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Transfer Talk

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by PaulM1888, Jun 24, 2009.

Discuss Transfer Talk in the Transfer Rumours area at TalkCeltic.net.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    I'm certain he broke covid rules similar to what Bolingoli did,might be a bit of a pr nightmare if we signed him

2. Celtic_Daft1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    Ah ok mate. I didn’t know that

The_Bhoy and HTG like this.
  3. CountyDownFaithful

Where’s our new left back?!

4. Foley1888

Yeah it was just remember Lennon saying he was still looking for one after Ajeti came in. I agree, a big powerful striker would give us another option and create space for our other attacking players.

If Griff can get back fit I would agree I cannot see anyone else coming in but if not and we play two up top then you have Eddy and Ajeti but after that it is Klimala as the only cover so another one wouldn’t be a bad option.

I saw that he was on the move for €5m, thought that was ironic after just suggesting him.

CookieMonster likes this.
  5. HoopyT Danny McGrains Bearded Army Gold Member

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    All the mutterings around a LB seem to be dying down, looks like Bakker won't be wanting to come here and not hearing much at all about other names in the hat. Hopefully we're beavering away quietly behind the scenes but would be good to hear something.

6. Foley1888

Some decent players in the last year of their deals we could try get now or in January.

For LB/LWB, Yasser Larouci of Liverpool on a Frimpong type deal would be a good signing. He is quite short but well built, pacey and skilful going forward, only 19 and a French u19 international so good sell on potential.

Thomas Basila, French U20 international CB playing for Nantes but not had much game time, only 21. Can also play RB.

Loic Mbe Soh, 19 year old CB from PSG looks a very comfortable defender they want him to sign a new deal but he wants first team football. PSG academy regularly produces top youngsters.

Valentin Mihalia, 20 LW but predominantly right footed, good eye for goal both at club level and Romanian U21 team.

Stanislav Ivanov, 21 year old Bulgarian right winger had a good season last year scoring 8 and creating 5 assist from 25 games. Also 3 in 5 for Bulgaria U21. Very quick and tricky.

Kevin Denkey, 19 year old striker playing for Nimes has been capped for Togo so work permit shouldn’t be an issue. Started both Ligue 1 games so far this year scored 1 and created 1 in 2. Would be worth keeping an eye on.

Andi Zeqiri, 21 year old Swiss Striker/ Left Winger, plays in Swiss 2nd tier but had a spell at Juve U21 and also has scored 6 in 7 for Swiss U21 team including goals against French U21. Scored 17 and assisted 8 times in 33 last season. Also scored 5 And assisted twice in 4 in the Swiss cup mainly against top League teams.

Ibrahim Sangare, 22 year old DM from Ivory Coast, playing for Toulouse. A real powerhouse DCM who can also drive forward from deep to join attacks. Tall and athletic at around 6’4.

Kouadio Kone, team mate of Sangare but only 19 also a DM. More of a prospect but one worth keeping an eye on.

Dejan Ljubicic 22 year old from Austria, we have been linked earlier this window. Is captain of his club, comfortable on the ball and Austria u21 international. Scored vs them before. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=E0aePCwzntw

Kelvin Amian, 22 year old right back from Toulouse French U21 international can also play CB. Could be a good option if playing a back 3.

Marko Livaja, 27 year old ST from Croatia, AEK Athens. Very good on the ball and in the air despite not being the biggest. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RbqIdkVFmdU

Alberth Elis, 24 Honduran international playing in MLS, we have all heard about him as have been linked before. He is a free agent at end of December. Scores and assists regularly from the RW, is very quick and also decent in the air. Can also play on the left. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=A7ROvWme7Xw

Jamilu Colins, 26 year old Nigerian international left back, playing with Paderborn in Germany. Despite their relegation he was viewed as a bright spark in their team last year.

Philip Zinckernagel, 25 year old right winger who can also play on the left having a great season in Norway with 11 goals and 15 assists in 16 and is out of contract at the end of the year. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jAyHkQN1UJk

Lindon Selahi, 21 year old Albanian from Twente was one of the top midfielders For defensive stats in Eredivisie last year and someone we have loosely been linked with. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKJLOaqHR9c

Arnaud Lusamba 23 year old CM currently a free agent. Very strong runner with the ball and looks to have quality in his play as well. We wouldn’t need him but if two of Christie, Ntcham and Rogic were to go he would be a good shout. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SdisNqY727U

Haitam Aleesami, 29 year old Norwegian international left back with Ligue 1 and Serie A experience. Currently a free agent started both games in the recent international double header. Could be like an El Hamed left back/ wing back type option. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Sw-DNXSP1Z0

This season of all seasons given how late the summer transfer window closes, we should be all over trying to take advantage of getting good deals on players like these.

They will be able to sign for free/nominal fees in January or on a cut price fee now. Given we are likely to have a big rebuilding job on our hands getting 2 or 3 quality players on deals like this can help our budget go that bit further which will be needed.

I know wages and sign on fees then come in to it more when it’s free deals but if the players being mentioned are gone there won’t be many top earners left in the squad. Also a number of these players will be well within our wage bracket as they either play in legs that don’t out spend us or are prospects.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2020
  7. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Looks like Mbe Soh is joining Nottingham Forest.

8. Jeremie Frimpong

Soh long.

The_Bhoy and Officer Doofy like this.
  9. Celtic_Daft1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    Should have been the replacement for Ajer in my opinion. £15m for Ajer out and £5m for Mbe Soh in.

10. Foley1888

Striker worth keeping an eye on Tolu Arokodare, 19 year old Nigerian striker who is 6’4 and a bit of a tank.

Is playing in Latvian football but has scored 15 in 15 and assisted a further 2 this season. He also score 7 in 16 last season as an 18 year old. All be it the standard will be poor he would be worth a look and would cost next to nothing.

I see Standard Liege signed Jackson Muleka, who was the top scorer in the CAF CL last year at 20 from DR Congo. It will be interesting to see how he does this season.

11. Celtic_Daft1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    Should be signing both these boys up. Watched a lot of Bodo/Glint this year, been the team to bet on this year and they are frightening going forward. He’s * rapid that Zinckernagel. Would be a quality addition to that right hand side with Forrest

12. mickcfc91

Fav Celtic Player:
    Current - Scott Brown .. All Time - Lubo n henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Wiley Maley
    Disappointing at the lack of Dudu Dahan so far in this window.

Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  13. Foley1888

Anything I have seen of Zinckernagel makes me think he looks class reminds me a bit of a pacer Paddy Roberts all be it he is right footed but is tricky, can dribble in tight spaces and is a good finisher.

He looks exactly the type of ready to go player our first team could do with just now to push Forrest or take his place for a spell.

The list I put up is a long one and I keep adding to it. By no means do I expect us to sign them all but it is more to prove a point there is a lot of good players out there from a variety of leagues that we don’t seem to access often enough.

There are some from our usual EPL reserve teams too, the left back Larouci from a Liverpool likes like he could have a Frimpong type impact for example And given Liverpool just splashed out over £10m on a back up left back is nowhere near getting a chance in their first team but could here.

When we have a situation like we currently do where there are gaps in our current squad, the potential for key players to leave and some positions plugged by loans combined with the type of budget we operate with and transfer policy then getting a few additions in for low or no transfer fees seems like an untapped source.

All be it there will be a lot going on behind the scenes we know nothing about but the fact our recruitment team are headed ex- EPL/EFL employees I do worry we are a bit narrow in our scouting of late.

14. GreenLeanMean

Can we a have a separate thread for player suggestions and general tranafer talk again?

15. Smithy

+1 to this.

Noskeil, MacEwan and Tommy25 like this.
  16. Noskeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    What? You mean, you don’t like coming to read about actual Celtic transfers but being hit with a 15 year olds * list off FM, coz he was great in my last save! Haha

17. Celtic_Daft1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    Apparently enquired about Zinchenko from Man City. Some journalist from Mail Sport reporting it on twitter

18. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Zero chance of that..

Some player him. No way will we get him..

The_Bhoy and Seán Mac D like this.
  19. Celtic_Daft1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    I thought it was unlikely but I can’t tag the tweet. Don’t know how to do that.

McChiellini.. likes this.
  20. mickcfc91

Fav Celtic Player:
    Current - Scott Brown .. All Time - Lubo n henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Wiley Maley
    Looks a parody account. Says paddy Roberts is wanted by Rangers

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.