1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Transfer Talk

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by PaulM1888, Jun 24, 2009.

Discuss Transfer Talk in the Transfer Rumours area at TalkCeltic.net.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CountyDownFaithful

The draw against Killie and the cluster * with Boli means we are up against it already. That’s no exaggeration IMO. The draw against Killie was repairable but Boli’s actions could have a significant impact on how many points we are behind, how we are going to squash games into a tight schedule and the harmony within the team (I believe the dressing room will be tense given the result of Boli’s stupidity.

We need to go and get some serious business done before our next domestic game to life the mood around the club and give the supporters some positivity. There is no room for any more mistakes and *-ups. We need some serious quality added to that team to cope with the fixture backlog and to provide additional leadership during the season which looks like it’s going to be a rollercoaster.

This what we need IMO:

2x CB
    1x LB
    1x CM (Physical destroyer)
    1x AM/W
    2x ST

john2061 likes this.
  2. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Mon Celtic get the finger oot ffs ! :31:

Hammy89 likes this.
  3. Jo-Jo-Buffon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    walk alone on a champs league night
    Agree apart from the LB , and CM and 1 ST if/hopefully we go 3-5-2 would like to see Connell at Lwb if Taylor isn't doing enough

We need a starter and cover CB , CM we have 6 goid 1st teamers if Rogic stays fit and up front we have Eddy , Klimala and Thumb once he sorts his *

Barkas

New Cb
    Julien
    Ajer

Frimpong
    Brown
    McGregor
    Taylor

Christie

Eddy
    New St

Bain

El Hamed
    Biton
    Welsh

Forrest
    Soro
    Nctham
    Connell

Rogic

Klimala
    Thumb

Plus Elyounoussi and Dembele who I don't know where to fit them in tbh

4. CountyDownFaithful

We definitely need a LB/LWB. Taylor is a competent player but he's not got the quality needed to be his man and Connell is still unknown quantity despite some promising signs.

We will just be lob sided if we don't have a reliable attacking threat on both sides.

Barkas

Elhamed
    New CB
    Jullien/Ajer

Frimpong
    Christie
    McGregor
    LWB/LM

Rogic/Ntcham

Edouard
    Ajeti/Fletcher/Klimala

5. CydonianWaffle

Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Wouldn't be surprised if today’s debacle has jeopardised our transfer targets

Hammy89 and CountyDownFaithful like this.
  6. CountyDownFaithful

That's my fear as well.

Lawwell too busy responding to the Boli situation, and takes his eyes off the ball with transfer targets.

It should be the polar opposite. Club needs to bounce back strongly with some proper quality signings and give the supporters some positivity. The squad is weaker than it was last season.

7. Foley1888

We definitely need someone down the left hand side either a LB/LWB type or a winger depending on formation. Probably the later, someone who can offer an offensive threat and go past a player to get into a crossing or but back position.

A CB is a must with a physical presence and left sided would be ideal. If Ajer goes someone who can be brought in to develop but still play their share of games.

In CM, I think we again need someone to do the physical side of the game as Brown at 35 can’t be asked to do all this on his own every game all our other options can hardly put a tackle in between them, and Soro looks to have something but someone in the Wanyama
    style would instantly improve us.

A striker (at least one is a must), if I was
    Being greedy and depending on Griffs availability, I wouldn’t mind two. One who has the potential to succeed Eddy next year and if they aren’t a physical striker someone who could play that role.

I would not be against selling Ajer and Ntcham along with fringe players to fund the above 4-6 purchases.

I think both are good players but Ntcham doesn’t see enough game time and is inconsistent when he does. Ajer for the money being mentioned we would be mad not to sell as with two years on his contract left I can’t see us getting any more for him. Rogic is another who if he is not going to be used by Lenny then take what we can get for him, I like Tam as a player but getting frustrated with his lack of availability.

Transfer wise I think this would help rebalance the squad giving two options in most positions and two of the six signings could be bosmans or near the end of their contract so available for a low fee.

8. CountyDownFaithful

??

Pretty sure this guy has a reputation for spouting rubbish.

9. CountyDownFaithful

Please! Pish source though

10. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Their source is this forum.

Hammy89, littlekennie and Slaw like this.
  11. Garrymac1888 Gold Member Gold Member

We need a good injection of feel good back and the transfer market would be a great start.

End the week with Duffy, Ajeti and a new LB Celtic....we need some positivity.

Rydo1888* and StevieBhoooy! like this.
  12. StevieBhoooy!

I have a heid like a bad hangover from all this the last few days... but ...

I’m a real believer in taking an adverse situation and trying to use it to your advantage as much as possible....

We now find ourselves in a situation that firstly COULD have been worse in terms of points and punishments (hopefully none incoming) so must accept where we are.

We have two weeks to make use of to put us in a position where we come out the blocks at 100 miles an hour and on fire..
    The Club / PLC need to get the finger out their arses NOW.

Things that should happen—

• Boli offloaded
    • Griff situation sorted and good-to-go
    • Seriously good replacement for the * as we obviously needed improvement there anyway.
    • If we are getting 1/2 strikers in .. then get it done NOW and stop fking about.
    • Big central monster to prop up the bombscare pair there at the back at the moment.
    • Get the 2 UP formation (Eddy plus 1) pinned down and ready to go..
    • And.... train, train, train snd fknn train some more so that every point is secured once out of our self inflicted lockdown.
    If the squad don’t have real motivation after this then nothing will fire them up.

13. Foley1888

There is a guy on the HB that has been renowned for getting things right in the past claiming the following:

1. Ajeti will be signed (finally).
    2. A CB will be signed shortly no names mentioned.
    3. We were targeting a LB before all this with Boli anyway, That is due to come in too shortly.
    4. We are looking for another striker, Peterborough have been messing us about on Toney. As reported he is keen on a move but Peterborough have moved the goal posts twice and not officially responded to our last bid placed.

Not sure how true the above will be but a bit worried if we are spending so much on strikers whilst Eddy has not signed a new deal. Hopefully this is true though in terms of new CB, LB and a ST in.

14. Davidstalker199

Bring in Shane Duffy and lb and Albert elis

15. Breathnach67

Fav Celtic Song:
    The White and The Green
    Any inkling as to who the left back will be? I know he’s young and a lot on here don’t rate him, but I’d love to have Hickey in, still incredibly young and has already played and performed in massive games for Hearts. Add to that the fact he’s a Celtic minded WCS lad and gets what this year means. I think it’s a better bet than Colina and Bakker who are arguably much less proven in senior football and certainly aren’t guaranteed to be able hack the mental and physical demands of this club and particularly this season.

16. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

We definitely need a centre back and left back in before the qualifier so the squad can settle in.

Everyone asking for a bruiser of a centre back, unfortunately there aint many about, everyone wants their centre backs to play football before being able to go through *.

17. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

With Ajeti coming in, a centre half has to be signed asap. Then a left back.

18. CountyDownFaithful

Lack of rumours on the defensive front is worrying. Fingers crossed for some sudden announcements

19. Jeremie Frimpong

Suggestion: Kim Min-jae from Beijing Guoan. 6'3", 23-year-old centre-half with 30 caps for South Korea. Good on the PlayStation.

20. Breathnach67

Fav Celtic Song:
    The White and The Green
    In fairness I think that’s because everyone has been focusing on the Ajeti/Toney/Fletcher malarkey and not allowing any potential defender rumours oxygen.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.