1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Transfer Talk

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by PaulM1888, Jun 24, 2009.

Discuss Transfer Talk in the Transfer Rumours area at TalkCeltic.net.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. _DannyBhoy_ Gold Member Gold Member

Just read the boy from Nice is going to Brest apparently.

As @McDaid88 said above we should be going for Shane Duffy. Massive Celtic man and is exactly the type of centre half we need. Another beast in the air in both boxes like Jullien.

2. McDaid88

He would be perfect for us mate, I'm an Ireland fan too and Duffy is our best defender and our best striker! Absolute animal and loves Celtic ! Imagine big Jullien and Duffy heading up for every corner in Champions League/Europa League
    Unbelievable Jeff

3. Dublin Celt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Barry Coffey
    Shane Duffy's a massive Tim but him coming would ultimately based on it he wants to come now. 3/4mill would do it but he would wanna be game ball, potter wants ball playing centre Half's so he's on way outta Brighton either way

Sent from my GM1903 using Tapatalk

McDaid88 likes this.
  4. McDaid88

He would def sign for us lad, yeah seen potter wants ball playing centre halfs so he is on the way out, we could prob even nip him on a season long loan with option to buy if big Pete doesn't want to splash the cash just yet, but would def be worth going out and spendin 4/5 mill on him.

Dublin Celt likes this.
  5. _DannyBhoy_ Gold Member Gold Member

We would be such a threat having another player good in the air. Ajer offers no threat whatsoever in the air considering his size. What a difference it would make having two aerial threats. Would help us massively defensively obviously but I think Jullien and Duffy could get double figures between them in terms of goals over the course of the season.

If the rat came in for Ajer to take him to Leicester I would be very tempted if we got a fee of around £20 million and chuck Benkovic in too as part of the deal. Would then go in for Duffy and look at LB and winger options. Would free up more cash to throw at Edouard for a contract extension to make sure he stays this season and strengthens our position in terms of a big fee for him next season.

Hopefully we will finally sort out the striker position shortly too with the Ajeti rumours saying the deal is back on and still possibly Fletcher.

McDaid88 likes this.
  6. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Would be happy to take Ajeti on loan and use the money we had aside for Toney on a good big left footed no-nonsense centre back!

Crilly likes this.
  7. Priest

We could maybe look again at Harold Mouokoudi for a CB signing, young French defender that we were linked with a couple of years ago, he turned down a £10m move to Aston Villa around that time with him and his agent saying that he didn't want to leave France at that point in his career, his contract was up last summer and he signed a bosman with Saint Etienne but then was loaned out to Middlesbrough just six months later.

8. DonnyCelt

I thought we were still in talks for Toney mate. Ajeti coming in because Bayo is going out and possibly Toney coming in and Griffiths leaving is what I heard. All just a rumour of course.

9. bhoy_wonder Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    JCGE
    After Ajeti gets done what do we need? A CB and a LB and I think we're good. Plenty of promise and depth in that midfield, 4 stikers, frimpong and Elhammed for RB.

10. Maestro 08

I think El hamed would actually make a cracking centre back. He's quick, aggressive and reads the game well.

The_Bhoy likes this.
  11. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    He just can’t stay fit! Never played 10 consecutive matches in his career but a cracking player!

Maestro 08 likes this.
  12. The_Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Unless we sell boli I wouldn’t say we need a LB. We need 2 centre backs in though. Good money should be spent on 1 similar to jullien quality, and then a prospect also to come in as rotation.

then if anyone leaves from the current squad a replacement should be signed

13. Jeremie Frimpong

A centre-half, a left-back, and a winger are essential, in my opinion.

Dublin Celt and Slaw like this.
  14. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

A centre half is the biggest priority. We need someone who is good enough to challenge Ajer and Jullien, particularly the former. Another winger as well I think. Right now we have four wingers - one is Johnston who is constantly injured and the other is Karamoko who can't be relied upon at his age.

That would give us a strong squad. If we're being greedy than a quality left back and Turnbull as well.

Jeremie Frimpong likes this.
  15. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

I really hope we get Ajeti and Fletcher in. I think they would both do very well here.

CountyDownFaithful and The_Bhoy like this.
  16. Dublin Celt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Barry Coffey
    For me with ajeti hopefully getting over the line we need a centre half ready to go , physical , can defend first and good in opposition box. If ajer goes I'd add a young centre half so that would make two in. I think if we are playing 352 either boli should be given a shot or he should be punted and a fast and electric attacking lwb is needed. Fletcher if questions remain over Griff .then I think we need cover for Forrest, but I'd like someone who can play off both wings. As always I'd like a couple of additions for the future too, Kevin zeffi is a massive massive talent currently playing with shamrock rovers II team on the Irish first division at 15 but apparently inter Milan are in for him. But with the Dermot Desmond Damien duff connection we should look to get that done and get in ahead of inter

Sent from my GM1903 using Tapatalk

17. mickcfc91

Fav Celtic Player:
    Current - Scott Brown .. All Time - Lubo n henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Wiley Maley

Talk of us agreeing a deal for this boy

18. _DannyBhoy_ Gold Member Gold Member

Where?

19. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

pls

20. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    PSG youngster sounds familiar!

Honestly sounds like something would be in it, I assume like Edouard this would be a loan with an option to buy later on? Happy with that, one other established CB please, if this is the case.
    Imagine the idea would be for the lad to take over from Ajer who may very well be off (hopefully next year).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.