1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Transfer Talk

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by PaulM1888, Jun 24, 2009.

Discuss Transfer Talk in the Transfer Rumours area at TalkCeltic.net.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

We certainly don’t have one of them atm

2. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

He won’t be the only one coming in * sake.

But aye you go and have yer wee tantrum

3. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    CELTIC aren’t poised to announce the free transfer capture of Steven Fletcher but he IS in Neil Lennon’s thinking.

A well placed Hoops source tonight told SunSport no deal has been agreed for the 33-year-old who is leaving Sheffield Wednesday and would jump at the chance of moving to Parkhead.

We’ve also been assured there AREN’T currently contract negotiations with the former Burnley, Wolves, Sunderland and Marseille hitman.

Lennon, however, is a fan of ex-Hibernian hero Fletcher and has been well aware of the possibilities over recent weeks.

Peterborough United’s Ivan Toney and West Ham’s Albian Ajeti remain firm targets too, with the latter viewed as an initial loan signing.

It’s understood former Scotland star Fletcher is that keen on the prospect of playing for the nine-in-a-row champions he’d be happy to accept terms less than he could attract remaining in England, with Stoke City ready to table a two year contract offer.

Celtic baulked at a £4 million asking price for Fletcher from Hibs in January, 2009.

Lennon’s carefully considering all options and won’t be rushed into any moves.

4. Dublin Celt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Barry Coffey
    Pay as you play at a suspected decent rate, bayo is out the door. Keep edoaurd and add one of ajeti and toney. Getting SF doesn't mean we aren't getting Toney/ajeti.. nmecha also mentioned as a possible target in the McGowan article.

Sent from my GM1903 using Tapatalk

Last edited: Aug 6, 2020
  5. jambo_cfc

Yeah still
    Yeah still think we will bring in toney or ajeti , fletcher will be for ganes thts tight and replace bayo as our target man

Dublin Celt likes this.
  6. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    I find it hard to believe that we would go from committing to spending £5-6m on a striker tonsuddnely go down to a free agent 33 year old as a 3rd option.

I think with the 9 subs this year,, Fletcher would come in with someone else.

7. Breathnach67

Fav Celtic Song:
    The White and The Green
    No mate, Sutton said Fletcher would be a good option to bring in and that if they did play together that Fletcher would compliment the way Edouard plays. Think it was on the record Celtic podcast, he was saying that it’s absolutely paramount we keep Eddy this season, which of course goes without saying.

stew37 likes this.
  8. Breathnach67

Fav Celtic Song:
    The White and The Green
    Don’t know if it’s been suggested or not yet but I think we should go in for Kostas Tsimikas from Olympiacos. 24 year old Greek international left back who has 5 assists this year in the super league and has european experience. Transfermarkt value him at around 8 million ando seen a few articles from months ago saying Rangers would go in for him if Barisic left as well as links to Tottenham and Liverpool which have since died down. He’s the type of calibre player we should be going for over guys like Colina who, whilst doubtless promising, have not played at the elite level of european football. Moreover, not that we should sign him solely to create a Greek expat community, but having signed his international team mate in Barkas, he might feel slightly more open to a move.

Mr Shelby likes this.
  9. MafiaEire67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Klimala
    Kubo and Riquelme

10. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    With Ajeti * about,
    B
    fry dicking about,

no CB's being mentioned,

Now being linked with Hun * like McNair, geriatrics like Fletcher, and muck lords like whatever that Middlesbrough rejects name is...

You wouldn't think this is our most important season in decades.

I'm not one to spit the dummy or spout nonsense like sevco have stolen a march on us, and Im actually one of a number of fans who honestly believe Lawell puts the club first...

BUT

The season has started, were looking a bit short domestically, certainly for Europe.

Somebody needs to get the * finger out here, as well as the chequebook

CountyDownFaithful likes this.
  11. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Why is Fletcher an alternative to Bayo, that's all I'm seeing? In what way? As its body only.

Obviously if you think it's for physicality then you clearly have never watched him, he ain't outscoring Griff, offers no setpieces quality and has no pace like our forwards.

Have a pop. In the Scottish National. Thread and see how Fletcher is regarded.

We don't need a forward unless we sell Ed.

12. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

People need to be calm, we've spent £5m on a GK and added Elyonoussi for the season..

Good business.

We will add a LB, CB probably a Winger and one, maybe two ST, depending on who we reatain.

The Huns sign a couple of players and people start flapping, it's embarrassing..

The window is open to October our squad is already seriously strong, take a breath.

Dannybhoy81 and MJ9 like this.
  13. themouth1888

Window is open till October but when does our Euro campaign start? Sick of folk telling other to calm down. Take the green specs off everyone.

Biggest year in our history and we are * about with free transfers. Get players in. Remember we lose 1-0 in Europe away this year there's no dont worry we will do them at Celtic park.

We are a couple of injuries/suspensions away from Biton at CB * knows who at LB and Steven Fletcher being our main striker. Its criminal

The_Bhoy, evilbunny1991 and Tommy25 like this.
  14. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Knowing Celtic, we won't get all of what you listed, though we do need all of that (2 cbs even)

I'm not remotely worried though.

The squad as it stands is more than capable of seeing out this domestic season. It's crying out for boli to be replaced and quality cover in CB.
    But even as it stands, this squad is miles better than anything else in Scotland.

Ely and Barkas are key signings so far, both vastly improve on what we had going in to this season and both are clearly first team starters with proper pedigree around them.
    That same level at CB and I'm happy.

Sent from my Nokia 6.2 using Tapatalk

15. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Does anyone know if you can get printing on the back of tops if you take an already purchased one into the Celtic shop?

Bit annoying that we're going to announce Fletcher after our pre-orders.

16. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Bitton has done fine at CB when asked tbf..

Fletcher hasn't even signed ffs.. We have Edouard, Klimala and Griff..

You need to calm down :56:

17. Lupis Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    I'm kind of hoping the Fletcher situation is just a smoke screen, to put the frighteners on Fry by making it look like we have moved on and his chances of getting any deal for Toney are slipping away. that's probably wishful thinking. It's more likely we are getting Fletcher and hoping to pick up Toney for free next year, which has some very obvious risks attached.

18. jimbobers Gold Member Gold Member

Jesus , someone talking sense in here . We’ve got 2 quality signings in and will get more , no one really knows who we’re looking at and at what stage negotiations are at

StPauli1916 and JC Anton like this.
  19. Lupis Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    While I understand that perspective another is that the season has already started and the 2 signings we have made have, at best, kept us at the same level we were at the end of last season. That's assuming the new keeper is as good as Forster, I have no idea if he is, but I doubt he is better (though clearly I'd be delighted if he is). They haven't improved us. Not to mention we have also lost cover in several areas.

It's not time to panic by any stretch, but we have all seen previous seasons where we expected to strengthen and it just didn't happen, so it is understandable if some people are worried it's going down that same route this year.

20. Foley1888

I actually think we have done fairly well in getting some out the door since January who are unlikely to contribute either permanently or on loan and this has helped reduce a bloated squad. There are still a few more to go with the likes of Bayo and Shved both having been linked with moves and I suspect Ralston will be away before the end of the window.

I am happy with the two deals we have secured so far but like others have said when was the last time we followed up on a good start to a window and had the players we need in place to give us the best chance of success in Euro qualification? I think we would be going back to when Lenny was here the first time.

At CB in particular we are one injury away from playing a RB or CM at CB again. It is a position we really need to add some physicality too. Also Ajer being linked with a move away.

At LB, Boli isn’t trusted and Greg Taylor is still growing into the role which is fine domestically but for CL qualifiers I do worry a bit. An option in this position is important.

We are clearly seeking a new striker having been linked with a few. Our star player is being linked with a number of potential clubs with the financial clout to come in and make us an offer our board won’t refuse.

Since Lenny came back in he has been linked with CMs from Turnbull to Wanyama last season, which makes you think he would like to shuffle our options there. This will probably depend on sales. We also have a 35 year old captain who is beginning to show signs of age catching up to him.

Similarly due to injuries and a clear out we have few options on the wings at present. Two good first choices, and two exciting prospects, MJ being more developed than Dembele but having had his injury worries.

I understand that other leagues have not long finished and the window is open until October but I would like to avoid us going out of CL due to not having given ourselves the best chance of qualifying.

Also by the time the window closes we will have already played more than 25% of our league campaign and our next game will be against them. Therefore it would be good to have a settled first team with new arrivals bedded in and ready to contribute.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.